🌟 Star Trek, TOS 🌟

Tools    

You'll have to refresh my memory?
Hathaway (The Dark Knight Rises) and Bicondova (Gotham)

Hathaway (The Dark Knight Rises) and Bicondova (Gotham)
AAARRGG! You're right! I had a feeling I was missing one - I kept thinking: wasn't there another movie Catwoman after Halle Berry?
And the thing is I saw that movie!!! (Don't get old.)

I probably wouldn't have thought of Bicondova since I don't watch Gotham. (Plus, as a technicality, would she be "Catwoman"? I understand she's supposed to be Selina Kyle, but has she become Catwoman yet?)

P.S. Thank you!

Well, there's Mark Lenard, who played a Romulan commander and Spock's father (as well as a Klingon in the first movie) and William Campbell, who played the Squire of Gothos and a Klingon.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
How about a trivia question?

How many actors/actresses who had guest appearance on the original "Star Trek" also had guest appearances on the 1960s "Batman" TV show?
You have a point about the transporters, Gbgoodies. In response to your trivia question, I can think of Yvonne "Batgirl" Craig and Frank "The Riddler" Gorshin.
Correct.
Yvonne Craig was Batgirl in "Batman", and Marta in "Whom Gods Destroy".
Frank Gorshin was The Riddler in "Batman", and Bele in "Let that Be Your Last Battlefield".

Oh! that was the two that I was going to mention I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised if Theo Marcuse had been in Batman.
Correct.
Theo Marcuse was Von Bloheim in the "Batman" episodes "Death in Slow Motion" and "The Riddler's False Notion", and Korob in "Catspaw".

Julie Newmar was on both.
Correct:
Julie Newmar was Catwoman in "Batman", and Eleen in "Friday’s Child".

Lee Meriwether as...

Catwoman (1966 movie)

Lisa Carson (2 episodes Batman)

Losira

That Which Survives
Correct:
Lee Meriwether was Catwoman/Miss Kitka in "Batman:The Movie", and Lisa Carson in the episodes "King Tut's Coup" and "Batman's Waterloo", and she was Losira in "That Which Survives".

Some of these I knew from years of watching both "Star Trek" and "Batman", and there were also some that I found by doing some research, but here are some other actors and actresses who appeared on both "Batman" and "Star Trek":

Malachi Throne was False Face in "Batman", and he was Commodore Mendez in "The Managerie", and the voice of The Keeper in "The Cage".

Ted Cassidy had a window cameo as Lurch in the "Batman" episode "The Penguin's Nest", and he was Ruk in "What Are Little Girls Made Of?", the voice of Balok's Puppet in "The Corbomite Maneuver", and the voice of the Gorn in "Arena".

John Astin was The Riddler (in two episodes of "Batman"), and he was the voice of Capt. John Daley in the "Star Trek" episode "The Conscience of the King".

Grace Lee Whitney was Neila in the "Batman" episodes "King Tut’s Coup" and "Batman’s Waterloo", and she was Yeoman Janice Rand.

Joan Collins was The Siren in "Batman", and Edith Keeler in "The City on the Edge of Forever".

Nancy Kovack was Queenie in the "Batman episode "The Joker Is Wild", and she was Nona in "A Private Little War".

Leslie Parrish was Dawn Robbins in the "Batman" episodes "Fine Feathered Finks" and "The Penguin’s a Jinx", and also Glacia Glaze in "Ice Spy" and "The Duo Defy", and she was Carolyn Palamas in "Who Mourns for Adonais?".

Roger C. Carmel was Colonel Gumm in the "Batman" episodes "A Piece of the Action" and "Batman’s Satisfaction", and he was Harcourt Fenton "Harry" Mudd.

Elisha Cook Jr. was Professor Isaacson in the "Batman" episodes "Ice Spy" and "The Duo Defy", and he was Samuel T. Cogley in "Court Martial".

Lawrence Montaigne was Mr. Glee in the "Batman" episodes "The Joker’s Last Laugh" and "The Joker’s Epitaph", and he was Stonn in "Amok Time" and Decius in "Balance of Terror".

Stanley Adams was Captain Courageous in the "Batman" episodes "Catwoman Goes to College" and "Batman Displays His Knowledge", and he was Cyrano Jones in "The Trouble with Tribbles".

Jon Lormer was Professor Dactyl in the "Batman" episode "How to Hatch a Dinosaur", and he was Tamar in "The Return of the Archons", the Old Man in "For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky", and Dr. Theodore Haskins in "The Cage".

Sid Haig was the Royal Apothecary in the "Batman" episodes "The Spell of Tut" and "Tut’s Case is Shut", and he was the First Lawgiver in "The Return of the Archons".

Sherry Jackson was Pauline in the "Batman" episodes "Death in Slow Motion" and "The Riddler’s False Notion", and she was Andrea in "What Are Little Girls Made Of?".

Marianna Hill was Cleo Patrick in the "Batman" episodes "The Spell of Tut" and "His Case is Shut", and she was Dr. Helen Noel in "Dagger of the Mind".

William O'Connell was Mr. Perkins in the "Batman" episode "Instant Freeze", and he was Thelev in "Journey to Babel".

Roy Jenson was Whitey in the "Batman" episodes "A Riddle a Day Keeps the Riddler Away" and "When the Rat's Away, the Mice Will Play", and he was Cloud William in "The Omega Glory".

Charles Stewart was a Clergyman in the "Batman" episode "Marsha, Queen of Diamonds", and he was Captain Ramart in "Charlie X".

Teri Garr had an uncredited role of "girl Outside Rink" in the Batman episode "Instant Freeze", and Roberta Lincoln in the "Star Trek" episode "Assignment: Earth"

Victor Lundin was Octopus in the "Batman" episodes "Fine Finny Fiends" and "Batman Makes the Scenes", and also Chief Standing Pat in the "Batman" episodes "The Great Escape" and "The Great Train Robbery", and he was the Klingon lieutenant who was second in command to Kor in the "Star Trek" episode "Errand of Mercy".

Lloyd Haynes was Lord Chancellor in the "Batman" episodes "King Tut’s Coup" and "Batman’s Waterloo", and he was Lt. Alden in "Where No Man Has Gone Before".

Gene Dynarski was Benedict in the "Batman" episodes "An Egg Grows in Gotham" and "The Yegg Foes in Gotham", and he was Ben Childress in "Mudd's Women", and Krodak in "The Mark of Gideon".

John Crawford was Printer's Devil in the "Batman" episodes "The Bookworm Turns" and "While Gotham City Burns", and he was Commissioner Ferris in "The Galileo Seven".

Phyllis Douglas was Josie in the "Batman" episodes "The Joker’s Last Laugh" and "The Joker’s Epitaph", and she was Yeoman Mears in "The Galileo Seven", (She was also Girl #2 in "The Way to Eden")

Grant Woods was The Guide in the "Batman" episode "An Egg Grows in Gotham" and he was Lt. Kelowitz in "The Galileo Seven", "Arena", and "This Side of Paradise".

David Armstrong played a Henchman in the "Batman episodes "Marsha, Queen of Diamonds" and "Marsha's Scheme of Diamonds", and an Eminiar Guard in the "Star Trek" episode "A Taste of Armageddon", and Kartan in "Operation - Annihilate!"

Hal Baylor was Mercury in the "Batman" episodes "The Zodiac Crimes", "The Joker's Hard Times", and "The Penguin Declines", and he was the Policeman in "The City on the Edge of Forever", and the Guard in "Elaan of Troyius"

Pete Kellett played a Henchman in several episodes of "Batman, and he played Kirk's Henchman Farrell in "Mirror, Mirror", Morg's Guard in "Spock's Brain", and a Klingon in "Day of the Dove"

Ok, here's a trivia question: what actors or actresses appeared in more than one episode of Star Trek as a different character?

Majel Barrett was best known as Nurse Christine Chapel, but she was also Number One (the first officer) in "The Cage". (She was also the voice of the computer on the Enterprise.)

Mark Lenard was best known as Spock's father Sarek in "Journey to Babel", but he was also the Romulan Commander in "Balance of Terror".

WIlliam Campbell was Trelane in "The Squire of Gothos", and the Koloth the Klingon in "The Trouble with Tribbles".

Ian Wolfe was best known as Mr. Atoz in "All Our Yesterdays", but he was also Septimus in "Bread and Circuses".

Diana Muldaur was Ann Mulhall in "Return to Tomorrow", and Dr. Miranda Jones in "Is There in Truth No Beauty?".

Jon Lormer was Tamar in "The Return of the Archons", the Old Man in "For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky", and Dr. Theodore Haskins in "The Cage".

Lawrence Montaigne was Stonn in "Amok Time" and Decius in "Balance of Terror".

Morgan Woodward was Simon Van Gelder in "Dagger of the Mind", and Captain Ronald Tracey in "The Omega Glory".

Gene Dynarski was Ben Childress in "Mudd's Women", and Krodak in "The Mark of Gideon".

John Harmon was best known as Tepo in "A Piece of the Action", but he was also the homeless man who shot himself with McCoy's phaser in "The City on the Edge of Forever".

Stewart Moss was Joe Tormolen in "The Naked Time", and Hanar in "By Any Other Name".

AAARRGG! You're right! I had a feeling I was missing one - I kept thinking: wasn't there another movie Catwoman after Halle Berry?
And the thing is I saw that movie!!! (Don't get old.)

I'm trying, believe you me.

I probably wouldn't have thought of Bicondova since I don't watch Gotham. (Plus, as a technicality, would she be "Catwoman"? I understand she's supposed to be Selina Kyle, but has she become Catwoman yet?)

P.S. Thank you!
I don't watch it either but I like her for being a kind of 'greatest hits' Selina, with a bit of everyone. As to not being Catwoman yet I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Majel Barrett was best known as Nurse Christine Chapel, but she was also Number One (the first officer) in "The Cage". (She was also the voice of the computer on the Enterprise.)
And Lwaxana Troi to boot.

was Ann Mulhall in "Return to Tomorrow", and Dr. Miranda Jones in "Is There in Truth No Beauty?".
I don't think she's been mentioned yet but she was very attractive too. I recently saw her in an episode of The Invaders made around the same time.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.

Mark Lenard was best known as Spock's father Sarek in "Journey to Babel", but he was also the Romulan Commander in "Balance of Terror".

WIlliam Campbell was Trelane in "The Squire of Gothos", and the Koloth the Klingon in "The Trouble with Tribbles".

Ian Wolfe was best known as Mr. Atoz in "All Our Yesterdays", but he was also Septimus in "Bread and Circuses".

Diana Muldaur was Ann Mulhall in "Return to Tomorrow", and Dr. Miranda Jones in "Is There in Truth No Beauty?".

Jon Lormer was Tamar in "The Return of the Archons", the Old Man in "For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky", and Dr. Theodore Haskins in "The Cage".

Lawrence Montaigne was Stonn in "Amok Time" and Decius in "Balance of Terror".

Morgan Woodward was Simon Van Gelder in "Dagger of the Mind", and Captain Ronald Tracey in "The Omega Glory".

Gene Dynarski was Ben Childress in "Mudd's Women", and Krodak in "The Mark of Gideon".

John Harmon was best known as Tepo in "A Piece of the Action", but he was also the homeless man who shot himself with McCoy's phaser in "The City on the Edge of Forever".

Stewart Moss was Joe Tormolen in "The Naked Time", and Hanar in "By Any Other Name".

Well done!

I'd like to add two more to your list:

Skip Homeier
as Deputy Führer Melakon in Patterns of Force
and as Dr. Sevrin in The Way to Eden

Sean Kenney
as Lt. DePaul in both Arena and A Taste of Armageddon
and as the disfigured Captain Christopher Pike in The Menagerie (1 & 2)

IMOMajel Barrett didn't get to shine as an actress until she got to do Lwaxana Troi. What a great character that was!
The studio heads didn't like her. The only reason she was on the show is because Gene Roddenberry wanted her there.

Are they the same studio heads that flew the toupée out for Patrick Stewart's audition ?

I didn't realize there were so many actors on Batman and Star Trek. I can't believe I forgot Joan Collins and Roger C. Carmel.

I think there are a few more who were just listed as security guards on "Star Trek" and/or henchmen on "Batman", but I left them off the list because they're basically unknown actors and/or characters.

And Lwaxana Troi to boot.

I don't think she's been mentioned yet but she was very attractive too. I recently saw her in an episode of The Invaders made around the same time.
I only listed actors and characters from ST:TOS, but if we're opening it up to other Star Trek series, then I'll add that Diana Muldaur was also Dr. Pulaski in season 2 of ST:TNG.

Well done!

Skip Homeier

Sean Kenney

Both are good additions. There are also a few other actors who played minor characters like "red shirts", but I limited my list to more recognizable actors and characters.

For example, Jerry Ayres played two different "red shirts" in the episodes "Arena" and "Obsession". (Both "red shirt" characters died in these episodes.)

Another actress that I forgot to include is Barbara Babcock, who was Mea 3 in "A Taste of Armageddon", and Philana in "Plato's Stepchildren", as well as several voices in other episodes, including the voices of Trelane's Mother in "The Squire of Gothos", Isis (the cat) in "Assignment: Earth", and Zetar in The Lights of Zetar".

Also, if we're including voice roles, James Doohan was best known as Scotty, but he also did several voice roles in the show, including the voices of Sargon in "Return to Tomorrow", the radio announcer in "A Piece of the Action", and the M-5 computer in "The Ultimate Computer".

Are they the same studio heads that flew the toupée out for Patrick Stewart's audition ?
Oddly, the toupee worn by Shatner and the wig worn by Nichelle Nichols went missing when the show ended. Hmmm.

Well done!

Skip Homeier

Sean Kenney
That's interesting - not that I ever gave it much thought, but I always just assumed that disfigured Captain Pike was Jeffrey Hunter with make-up!