My Favorite Adam Sandler Performances

Tools    

Charlie Finerman, Reign Over Me

Sandler was surprisingly solid in this underrated film playing a damaged soul who has never recovered from losing his wife and child at 911 who is reunited with his old college roommate (Don Cheadle).
this one is the best performance of Adam Sandler hands down.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Charlie Finerman, Reign Over Me

Sandler was surprisingly solid in this underrated film playing a damaged soul who has never recovered from losing his wife and child at 911 who is reunited with his old college roommate (Don Cheadle).

I've never heard of Reign Over Me, but it sounds interesting. I added it to my watchlist.

Moses, Bulletproof

Sandler plays a two-bit criminal who has just found out his running partner for the past year (Damon Wayans) is really an undercover cop.

Chuck Levine, I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry

Sandler plays Chuck, a fireman who agrees to help co-worker/BFF Larry (Kevin James) get the kind of health and life insurance he needs for his kids in case something happens to Larry, by agreeing to masquerade as a gay couple and actually marry Larry, but the plan gets complicated when Chuck falls in love with a pretty attorney (Jessica Biel).

Danny, The Meyorwitz Stories (New and Selected)

Sandler delivers a near brilliant performance as an unemployed musician and single dad cracking under the pressure of living in the shadow of his sculptor father (Dustin Hoffman) and his attorney younger brother (Ben Stiller).

Robbie Hart, The Wedding Singer

Sandler played one of his most likable characters in this comedy where a professional wedding singer who was left at the alter by his fiancee falls in love with a waitress who just gotten engaged to a creep.

Billy Madison, Billy Madison

Sandler produced major laughs as the irresponsible son of a millionaire (Darren McGavin) who agrees to repeat his twelve years of school in order to prove to his father that he is worthy of inheriting dad's company.

Happy Gilmore, Happy Gilmore

One of Sandler's biggest hits found him playing a guy with some serious anger issues who loses out on his chance of being a professional hockey player but discovers a talent for golf.

Barry Egan, Punch-Drunk Love

It's not my favorite performance, but with the aid of Paul Thomas Anderson, Sandler turned in the best performance of his career as a novelty salesman dealing with living in the shadow of his seven sisters, being blackmailed by the operator of a phone sex line (Phillip Seymour Hoffman) and attempting to romance a friend of his sister's (Emily Watson). This performance blew me away, another film Sandler-haters need to check out.

OK, that's # 2....and now my #1 favorite Adam Sandler performance:

Longfellow Deeds, Mr. Deeds

Sandler absolutely lit up the screen as a pizza delivery guy and greeting card writer who turns out to be the only living relative of a millionaire named Preston Blake (Harve Presnell), who leaves Deeds $40 million dollars in his will.

Hope someone enjoyed the list.

As much as I loved the list and reliving Sandler's movies, Punch Drunk Love didn't do much for me

Sorry, the guy is NOT funny. More silly than funny. I really did enjoy >>

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
Sorry, the guy is NOT funny. More silly than funny. I really did enjoy >>

What is your definition of funny and who do you list as a favorite funny-man / comedian?

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
Good job Gid. I didn't see the final 5 rounding out like that, but what a great list. Thanks for the time.