Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Last movie I saw was The Imitation game. Movie was awesome and acting of benedict is great. this movie is basically depends on life of alan turing the great scientist who saved Europe from germany and inreturn for serving his country what he got ? Hatred from his own countries people. I suggest everyone to watch this movie once of Unsung hero of europe.

Weird is relative.
I watched that in the past couple months and gave it the same rating. Sad story.

A Quiet Place (2018, John Krasinski)

One of those "good if you turn off your brain" type of movies. I thought it was OK.

The scene where the couple share earbuds dancing quietly to a Neil Young song was one of my favorites - a beautiful moment.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
I like the black and grey colours as they're quite traditional – it's certainly a lot more padded out though I suppose. And he looks like a real bruiser – of course that version of Batman has no qualms about killing people either.

Actually this reminds me that Christian Bale put too much weight on before shooting Batman Begins and had to lose some. He looked like Tom Hardy as Bane .

Yeah, Bale also looked like scarfed out

I like your observation about being violence. I also put my attention to this point. Batman played by Michael Keaton was using force when it was absolutelly necessary and felt remorse, because of it.
I'm oldschool, Keaton's Batman is for me the one and only

Welcome to the human race...
Mortal Engines -

dun, dun, dun, dun, dun-dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun-dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun-dun, Mortal Engines

I like your observation about being violence. I also put my attention to this point. Batman played by Michael Keaton was using force when it was absolutelly necessary and felt remorse, because of it.
I'm oldschool, Keaton's Batman is for me the one and only
Yeah I love Keaton – he was my Batman . It would have been interesting to see the third film still with him and keeping the same tone.

Jim Carrey's Riddler does call him "Fatman" and it wouldn't surprise me if some of the villains derided him in the same way in the Sixties show . "Fatman and the Boy Blunder" might be a Joker line but my memory of it is hazy.

This might just do nobody any good.
"Fatman and the Boy Blunder" might be a Joker line but my memory of it is hazy.
Or Kevin Smith’s.

Asher (2018)

The charismatic performance by Ron Perlman made this film worth a watch. There's not much new territory in the screenplay. Aging hitmen have become a whole story class unto themselves. However a few slight variations provided interest. The underworld characters were predominantly Jewish. Most of the action took place in Syracuse, NY. And the lady who becomes Aher's love interest is introduced totally by accident.

Famke Janssen as the love interest does a commendable job. However, although Janssen is 54, she's still a dish, so an older appearing actor would have made she and Asher's attraction a little more believable. The secondary parts are given room to shine for fine character acting from Jacqueline Bisset, Ned Eisenberg, and Richard Dreyfuss. Bisset especially played against type.

The story holds one's interest throughout, although they took a little too long to bring it to a close, especially at the point where there wasn't much left to tell. The ending was seemingly settled in a gratifying way, but at the final second a single element of ambiguity was introduced, causing the viewer to reflect. My guess is that this was the result of a writer's meeting where someone said, "Hey, we can't use an old-fashioned pat ending. This is 2018. We've got to leave 'em wondering..."

Perlman displays his veteran status. And although he probably doesn't need the work, this film will bump up his demand considerably.

Doc's rating: 6/10

NOSTALGHIA ANDREI TARKOVSKY

I feel that it is my most successfully realized film, the one that best expresses my interior world. The protagonist even became my alter ego of sorts. He contains all my emotions, my psychology, my nature. He is my portrait in the mirror.
Andrei Tarkovsky

I fell ashamed just thinking I would ever rate any Tarkovsky film. It would be like rating a Bach symphony or a Leonardo painting.

Halloween H20

The first time I watched this and not really enjoyed it or know why I have been rating it so highly. I was wrong.

Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

The Revenant (2015)

First re-watch and happily surprised to say I enjoyed it more the 2nd time. Its a slog for sure but you can identify readily with Glass and the pure base instinct for survival when it seems all is lost. Great from Leo and I noticed a few more actors than I did on first watch (Arthur from Peaky Blinders! ). Considering I never realised Fitz was Tom Hardy till the end on 1st watch that's an achievement! 9/10

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Spider-Man in the Multiverse (2018)

I can see for miles and miles and miles and miles and miles

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Mortal Engines -

dun, dun, dun, dun, dun-dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun-dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun-dun, Mortal Engines

this?

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Aquaman (2018)

Wasn't expecting too much but I actually enjoyed it a hell of a lot! It has a lot of heart and ambition. The visuals were stunning, the acting was pretty decent (some of the dialogue was a bit clunky or made me cringe a little bit).

I wouldn't praise it as much as Wonder Woman, but it's a vast step forward for DC nonetheless and a pretty solid film in its own right.

Props to Julie Andrews for playing a racist sea creature. Iconic

Great movie. A violent warlord retires, dividing his Kingdom between his three sons. Chaos ensues. Fantastic chaos. Another great looking movie. I'm big on cinematography, especially big, wide panoramic shots and this is another film that visually blows me away. Highly recommend this.