This is my DVD collection. See anything you like, dislike, etc?

Tools    

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
I don't know what I enjoyed more, The Crow or The Crow soundtrack. That Tricky song still rattles around in my brain.

I love Bloodsport, but that's because I remember it from when I was young. Last re-watch will probably be my last.

"That may be, but I've got the Falcon."
You have some real classics here. Talk Radio is definitely up there on my list of favorites. Are the sleeves still in good shape? Nothing like a nice VHS sleeve, am I right?
Oh, yeah, Talk Radio is some good stuff. Bogosian's voice and presence is unforgettable, it all building into that outburst at the end. I still remember being shocked by the ending, too. Caught it for the first time on Cinemax or one of those specialty channels. Nice luxury to have in my youth, caught a bunch of otherwise unknown gems that way.

Yeah, I'd say some of the VHS sleeves are in good condition. Pretty sure I have some still in the plastic wrapping.

I do care for aesthetics, as it's nice how a VHS cover fits right over the casette, but obviously functionality is paramount with movies. I used to hate and still dislike any stickers on new movies. Thrift shop finds I can understand, as a movie may have gone through several channels before winding up at its final resting place before re-purchase, but I used to hate new stickers on especially the dust covers for DVDs. Wal*Mart was usually good about putting stickers on the outer plastic wrap, rather than underneath or directly on the jacket. Sometimes, not so much.

Not sure who actually defaced those things, but it sucks especially when removing the sticker makes it arguably worse or forever sticky if you're able to get it off. Most of my VHS collection were thrift shop finds for .50 or $1, which is still hard to believe they've fallen that far.

I don't know what I enjoyed more, The Crow or The Crow soundtrack. That Tricky song still rattles around in my brain.

I love Bloodsport, but that's because I remember it from when I was young. Last re-watch will probably be my last.
Rattling around, eh? Similar to the sound of it sometimes raining inside one's head, causing all the words to run dry?

https://tinyurl.com/ybb3p7xq

Bloodsport is nice. Bought that at Wal*Mart mostly for TimeCop, though.

I need Interstellar. The first time I bought it, I gave it to my sister as a gift.

I still have 180+ DVDs on hand, but haven't purchased many new ones since 2010. The problem is that I don't want to spend money on something I haven't seen in case I don't like it (I mean, as a physical copy - I do spend money on cinema otherwise), and then it's difficult deciding what I will definitely rewatch if I did enjoy a film.
There are a bunch I'd like in my collection though. It'll be nice when I have the money to spend on picking up some old and new favorites.
I need to frickin' watch the special features. That was one of the films I had stashed in my gaming drawer for imminent viewing. Right, I've gotten burned on movies before. Those I just mostly discard and don't consider as part of my collection. I'm generally not a blind buy person, but if I've been curious about a movie or liked the trailer or heard something good about it, I may pick it up and at least like it if nothing more. Rarely do I ever hate a movie. More so though, I use Vudu to stash movies I'm interested in and slowly rent them all.

The soundtrack got me into The Cure, never looked back.

I was just trying to be funny. I don’t think you’re missing out on much. Well, except for...
WARNING: spoilers below
the part where Nick Nolte turns into a lightning storm.
Nick Nolte is cool. At one time I considered buying the double feature of 48 Hrs/Another 48 Hrs as I like both films. Still on the list of consideration. He's good in Cape Fear too.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…

You have some real classics here. Talk Radio is definitely up there on my list of favorites. Are the sleeves still in good shape? Nothing like a nice VHS sleeve, am I right?
I got a cherry original Star Wars trilogy with the cellophane on everything.

I can show you, but you gotta put a quarter in the slot first.

I got a cherry original Star Wars trilogy with the cellophane on everything.

I can show you, but you gotta put a quarter in the slot first.

I'm too broke for quarters. Have a few nickels and a piece of gum. It's watermelon flavored.

This is my DVD collection. See anything you like, dislike, etc?
You got a nice collection there! Some of the movie titles I couldn't make out, and I haven't seen most of them.

I love these:
Titanic, Spotlight, V for Vendetta, The Maltese Falcon, Key Largo, Treasure of the Sierra Madre...Actually almost any film with Bogart would get a from me.

And didn't like these:
Black Swan, Black Dahlia...I tried to watch both of them, and shut both off.

Think my fave addition is the LOTR Extended set that looks like actual books.
I got the same one, best set ever made imho. Mine came with the wrap-box.
Special features, and the commentaries, it takes like 150 hours to go through the whole lot.

You got a nice collection there! Some of the movie titles I couldn't make out, and I haven't seen most of them.

I love these:
Titanic, Spotlight, V for Vendetta, The Maltese Falcon, Key Largo, Treasure of the Sierra Madre...Actually almost any film with Bogart would get a from me.

And didn't like these:
Black Swan, Black Dahlia...I tried to watch both of them, and shut both off.

Sorry about the pic! That's iPhone quality, right there. Nice to see your love for those, and yes, I am a huge Bogart fan. Still several of his roles I haven't seen but plan to. Falcon is up there for me, for sure, and he's filling up my Vudu watch list. I really like Sierra Madre, put that into my top 10 a couple months ago. Book is good too! I got it somewhere in the house, lol. I almost read the V for Vendetta comic book, seemed overwhelming though. Good stuff there with the movie. Key Largo is probably one of my favorite Bogey flicks. I ordered that off amazon and then watched it for the first time, so glad it was good! Spotlight I am very fond of, good cast, good message, probably one of my favorite best pictures for sure.

Black Dahlia, I understand your feelings. It grew on me, and I really tried to find the book at the library sale. No luck. Now, I didn't like it too much the first viewing, but then I saw more stuff I liked upon a re-watch. Like I mentioned earlier, I like Mia Kirshner and Hartnett I have always liked more than most. Eckhart I had been searching for another good role after seeing him in The Dark Knight. I'm more so captivated by the real murder, and I generally like De Palma flicks. I know what you mean, though. It definitely steers one direction as a movie, but here is my review if you ever feel like giving it another chance:

http://at-the-movies-with-johnny.blo...-brian-de.html

Black Swan, I liked upon the first viewing and thought it was good enough to own, as I like Portman and the story elements. I don't know if I would like it as much again. I wrote a review for it here:

http://at-the-movies-with-johnny.blo...fsky-2010.html

Thanks for the comment!

There is no other media.
Disc all the way for me too, downloading and streaming sucks, always has, always will
Not a fan of streaming, either. I used to have broadband via ethernet and all that BS as a teen. Connection still had issues. Ran ethernet once I got into the city, gave up because Netflix, Hulu, WWE, etc, still had issues streaming. So now we just use wifi, lol.

Sometimes I even go "off the grid", like John Connor in T3.

Nothing beats a solid hard copy of something. I'm not as fanatical as Tarantino and other directors that hate digital "film" but definitely get their feelings.

Think my fave addition is the LOTR Extended set that looks like actual books.
I got the same one, best set ever made imho. Mine came with the wrap-box.
Special features, and the commentaries, it takes like 150 hours to go through the whole lot.
Oh, hell yeah! I love LOTR. My cousin and uncle also love it. I lucked out and found a wife that is fond of it, too. I actually got the set for her birthday one year. We've watched it twice, I believe. They're not blu ray, but it looks good enough for us. And yes, they also have both versions of each film. Pretty cool ****. My cousin originally got a different box set and didn't like it as much. I think he replaced it with the one we have, not sure. The box set itself is very nicely designed and good for a collector! Return of the King is my favorite Best Picture, for sure. Here is my full collection, if interested:

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls059232296/

Blu rays:

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls074420662/

You have Twilight in your collection, that's funny!

Nice to see some people still valuing physical collections.²
=]
Ha, I know. The Twilight Saga (lol) became my wife and I's thing. We saw the original early on in our relationship, and just kept going to see the other four. New Moon is horrible, and they kinda/sorta get better from there. The original I did like for the art direction, and plus it was a lot cheaper than buying the whole set which I still have interest in, but hard to justify that one at that price ($30-$50).

I have a lot more DVDs than the OP does in my collection, including several box sets. I should count them one day. Good thread!

Inception and Star Wars Episode III

nice collection we have a few similar I have over 3,000