Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Some Mother's Son (Terry George, 1996)
+
"It's all right, it's only piss!"

Kill Your Darlings (2013)

''Finally, an oasis in this wasteland.''

Stop making a fool of yourself and watch the 5 hours long TV cut.
Never thought I would be inspired by @Mr Minio (), but I bought the 5 hours TV version of Fanny & Alexander yesterday from Criterion. Seen the theatrical version a couple of times, but was unaware there was a 5 hour version. Good stuff.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
@Stirchley
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Society (1989)
5/10.
The premise was interesting, kind of like Thing meets Get Out, but the acting was awful, the dialogue was terrible, and the special effects were unconvincing, even for 1989.

Yeah, more or less what I thought. I had heard it was really shocking but it was more funny. Like a crappy Twin Peaks.

Loved the film Running Scared from the same director but this was just disappointing. And got rather annoyed at one part where a certain character turns up again but really would have been impossible with what went on before...

Steamboat Round The Bend (John Ford, 1935)

Entertaining enough but not really one to wax lyrical about

Welcome to the human race...
Near Dark -

Bill Paxton alone accounts for at least one of those popcorns.

Tyrannosaur (Paddy Considine, 2011)

Anger is an energy

what should we do with the drunken sailor?
I have just finished two movie about great painter Modigliani. Well the first one (Les amantes de Montparnasse) is definitely way better than the 2004 version (Modigiani)

Les amantes de Montparnasse(7.2/10)
Modigliani (5/10)

I had to watch a movie about a painter for my contemporary art class and i first watched Les amantes de Montparnasse and i thought i liked it but i didnt like it enough to write it about for my paper. Then i watched Modigliani (2004) and did not like it at all. so anyone for a good painter movie, i am open to advices (^.^)

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

I expected more, like when you see a silver tray and expect an extraordinary meal, but instead you receive something from McDonald. Samuel L. Jackson shouldn't agree for wearing this stupid hats.

I haven't heard much buzz about the movie. There were like five people in the theater with me at the ten PM showing. I can't help but imagine if Mother had something to do with it. But it was an intense movie with a lot of psychological content.

Gozu (2003)

Pretty mental film from Takashi Miike (hey!) about....well, about a chap looking for his gangster brother and getting into all sorts of "scrapes". Some, inventive and some just repetitive. Its got a nice cut and paste feeling to it and doesn't follow normal "start, beginning, end" structure....or does it? Watchable once so a curiosity sating 5/10.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I (rewatch)

Starts well and ends well (the animation sequence is well done), but my goodness there is a lot of dullness in the middle. A lot of them sitting in a tent or staring moodily into the distance, awkward cut to them staring moodily into a slightly different distance. The magically finding the magical item they need. It might work in the book where you get Harry's inner monologue, but not on screen. And it's so dark and gloomy. It misses so much of the warmth and quirkiness of the wizarding world.