Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

I've never even heard of it!
Someone needs to read my review thread I reviewed it awhile ago. I was impressed with it.

A Hologram for the King (2016)

A down on his luck American sales rep (Tom Hanks) travels to Saudi Arabia to meet the King, in hopes of closing a lucrative deal for his company. In doing so he hopes to fix his own mid life crisis and salvage his financial woes, and his failing relationships. CR

I really liked this one! The film starts off with Tom Hanks in a surreal dream based on The Talking Heads song, Once in a Lifetime..which explains the backstory of Alan (Tom Hanks) and how he came to be on a airplane bound for Saudi Arabia.

This is an introspective look at a man's midlife crisis and how a stranger in a strange land, can still find himself. Oh sure there's a few light comic moments here and there, but mostly this is an easy paced drama. The type that makes you smile more than laugh out loud. Mostly this is a smart drama, that's about nothing much other than the unexpected delays that go to make up a life and that's a lot!

The film was brilliantly done as Alan never knows what's going on as he's kept waiting to meet the monarch...and is given the run around. We the audience, never knows which direction this film is going, which makes us feel much like Alan and helps to put us in Tom Hanks shoes as he tries to navigate an unfamiliar culture.

I wish more movies were made like this, simple yet effective.

@Citizen Rules, we can’t always like the same movies.

Gangs of New York and the Revenant

And I have nothing against Leonardo DiCaprio but Gangs of New York was so exhaustingly dragged out and long and I got 30 minutes into Leonardo DiCaprio getting slapped around by a bear and then crawling through the woods and I just couldn't do it anymore.

I’ve never been able to watch even 30 minutes of Gangs of New York.

Wondered why I had never seen this Pacino film. Now I know why: it sucks.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Fight Club. Which was extremely disappointing because all I'd ever heard about that film was praise.
Oh damn, what a shame. Maybe you were in the wrong mood for it, or maybe you just didnt like it. No shame there.

I just want to say your avatar grabbed my attention

Oh damn, what a shame. Maybe you were in the wrong mood for it, or maybe you just didnt like it. No shame there.
Really enjoyed Se7en and Zodiac, which made it an even bigger disappointment. It undeniably touches on some very different themes, but there was just no connection made for me.

And yes, Figaro is a little cutie.

Really enjoyed Se7en and Zodiac, which made it an even bigger disappointment. It undeniably touches on some very different themes, but there was just no connection made for me.

And yes, Figaro is a little cutie.
I find it very irritating and frustrating when I'm completely up for a movie and I dont connect. Leaves me feeling very deflated.

He is indeed!

You can't handle the truth!
Star Wars: The Last Jedi!

Seriously, they should have called it "Bore wars, the last movie" ... I'd be happy then.

When will it end?

Mia Wasikowska could not save this movie. Several actors were miscast, which cast a pall over the movie for me. And the accents were all over the place.

The Libertine
Thin Red Line
Spy Game

The Libertine
Thin Red Line
LOL I repped you for The Libertine but thought I was in a different thread. I really liked it. Infact I think it's Depp's best.

As much as I love the first "The Crow" film, I simply haven't been able to finish any other sequel/remake

The first remake, I believe "City of Angels" was ok at times even though I didn't finish because it got really bad by the middle of it. Any and all others besides the first are complete garbage.

LOL I repped you for The Libertine but thought I was in a different thread. I really liked it. Infact I think it's Depp's best.

Maybe I should re-watch. I saw it right when it came out and I just remember it being extremely slow moving and boring. Perhaps I'll try it again and see if a different perspective helps.

Maybe I should re-watch. I saw it right when it came out and I just remember it being extremely slow moving and boring. Perhaps I'll try it again and see if a different perspective helps.
Yeh it's a slow burn so leave it on the back shelf for when you're in the mood for that. Depp was really good.