Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Ugrrrrrr! I hate lashes in my eyeballs soup, despite I'm not a model
LOL. I cant stand any kind of hair in my eyeball soup. Gets stuck in my teeth.

Sometimes you can find a lash in them.
Wonder if that's where the expression 'really not sure I'll like 'em but sure, why not, I'll give it a lash' comes from?

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
LOL. I cant stand any kind of hair in my eyeball soup. Gets stuck in my teeth.
True. Hair it's not a dental floss
(I know! It's gross)

True. Hair it's not a dental floss
(I know! It's gross)
I dunno, if money's that tight then every little saving helps

I have never heard that expression
Then ye've never been paralytic down the quays in Galway Town at 4:45 in the morning

I still regret that I missed Happy Death Day (2017) when it was in theaters. There is a small, ****ty, non-AMC theater about 20 minutes away from me that I always wanted to go watch a horror movie at - and I wish Happy Death Day could have been that movie. But, alas, I finally picked up a Redbox last night and popped it in.

Overall, I really enjoyed it. I feel the movie doesn't have enough fun with its concept, but since original slashers movies are a rarity these days, it's a horror movie that I went into less cynical than I usually am. Rating wise, I keep jumping back to back between a "3.0" or a "3.5" - so I'm just going to go with 3.0.

RATING:

Wonder if that's where the expression 'really not sure I'll like 'em but sure, why not, I'll give it a lash' comes from?
I think this "lash" means to strike out at something....not an eyelash....lol

I thought you might like that film. I seen that awhile ago and gave it a similar rating. Fans of Clockwork Orange should check out If.... (1968)

If....(1968) is a rather notorious British film that earned an X rating when it was first released in the UK for it's subject matter of anarchy aimed squarely at the British class system. This was the first movie in the UK to have full frontal nudity in it, which didn't help win over more conservative taste. Reportedly a British ambassador once called the movie, "an insult to the nation".

And a member of the British Parliament after reading an earlier script of the movie called it, "the most evil and perverted script I've ever read. It must never see the light of day."

Malcolm McDowell is an impish rogue...a rebellious student, fighting the long established British class system in his school. He spends his time drinking, smoking, chasing girls and talking about revolution. His schoolmaster calls him a 'degenerate'.

Note: the ending might be disturbing to some due to recent news events. It's not graphic but is shocking in some ways. The nudity is a brief shot of an actresses, pretty tame by today's standards but no doubt shocking in 1968.

I liked this film but the ending made me uncomfortable. I have no proof of this but this film might be the very start of the Punk movement and working class rejection of the British class system. John Lydon would approve of If....

No Man Of Her Own (Mitchell Leisen, 1950)
+
A deceptive little affair

8.5/10

Exceptionalism is on display all the way through this film that depicts the amazing efforts of true life heroes, soldiers and yes WARRIORS. The battle scenes are intense as well as captivating. They illicit true fear and emotion. Hemsworth and the cast do a great job.

My only quibble comes from how the story was told. It’s very procedural in its delivery. I wanted to learn more about these men as people and wanted to feel the rage of the era. Meaning, I wanted to feel/remember how the country was angry over the cowardly attacks of 9/11 and how everyone was willing to sacrifice anything to combat the dastardly attack and to make those responsible pay. I can’t say the movie does a good job in either of those efforts. More set up was in order and more development of depth was needed to do these remarkable men justice. Yet, it’s great to see this actual story receiving attention and the heroes being portrayed as such.

I think this "lash" means to strike out at something....not an eyelash....lol
Actually it means to give something a try in that context.

How about another interpretation? Give it a lash mate?
Totally context dependent .... if they've got a hurley and sliotar in their hand it means one thing, if they're standing on skis at the top of a ski-slope it means another completely. Now if you'll excuse me we are finally starting Season 4 of BB