Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Insidious: The Last Key (2018) - Adam Robitel

- I like every Insidious movie and this one was enjoyable even though it was the weakest of them all. Actors are alright, Script is decent at best and the score is still very nice. If you’re a fan of the first three you should like this one too. Lin Shaye is a nice actress.
-

Welcome to the human race...
I haven't seen the film, although it's generally thought to be awful. But what tickles me is that the film which I did see, about the making of The Room, The Disaster Artist, is itself dreadful, save for its technical merit. Yet it's considered by many to be wonderful..

Will it be long before film makers catch on to this road to success? Simply make an inexpensive turkey, than make a film ABOUT making the rotten movie, and the critics will love it! What a pertinent way to assist the current film industry's slide into the muck. Surely we'll see more of this..

~Doc
No, we won't. People cared about The Room because it's a sincere attempt at drama that fails in such a fashion that it ends up being more than just another bad movie - it's the sincerity that people ultimately respond to, whether to make fun of it or because they treat it as outsider art (and the weird back-story from The Disaster Artist certainly helps in that regard). As a result, you can't make a bad movie simply for the sake of making a good movie about the bad movie - people won't respond to the bad movie because it's insincere, so they won't care about the good movie either. I say this as someone who thought that The Disaster Artist itself was quite average since it takes the weirdness of The Room and uses it to fuel a generic Hollywood comedy. So relax, it's not going to be a trend or anything.

Last movie I watched...

Down Terrace -

wheatley gonna wheat

“I was cured, all right!”
That's great - I saw Roger 3x - went to some long distances... Dark Side twice, and The Wall.... ELO is touring around that time, too.

Let me know what you think?

Ok

Wow, 3x? That's awesome!
I'm very excited, I just can't wait!

Rewatched Blade Runner 2049 last night on Blu-ray, and wow, now I think that, while far from perfect, in some ways it might be as good, if not better than the 1982 movie. Everything just clicked a lot better this time, with all the aspects of the movie - the visuals, the story, the emotional side of it (which sort of failed to hit me the first time) - finally falling into the right place. The lighting and use of color, in particular, are staggering.

hosted by an Average Moviegoer and a Movie Guru
The Post 4.0/5.0 (read: 4 out of 5 Walters)

This is what I originally gave the movie in my review, but I'm thinking of lowering the rating to a 3.5/5.0

The acting was good, but only Meryl Streep's performance was standout. I don't fault Tom Hanks for this--I'm not sure that he was given much to work with.

The story was also not as interesting as it seems the producers thought it was. I was mildly interested going into the movie and my interest only increased as the movie went on for the sake of Katharine Graham who was brought to life by Streep.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Borg McEnroe: The story of one of tennis' greatest rivalries that culminated at the 1980 Wimbledon finals, between Bjorn Borg and John McEnroe as despite being rivals on the court, they are actually quite similar in terms of their upbringing to achieve winning and perfection. Great performances by Sverrir Gudnason (who will play Mikael Blomkvist in The Girl in the Spider's Web) and Shia LeBeouf (I smell comeback as he was perfect in the role). I thought the film would focus more on Borg considering this is a Scandinavian production, but Ronnie Sandahl's script wisely gives nearly equal screen time for both titular roles.

Final Rating: A

The Rogues' Tavern (Robert F. Hill, 1936)

Nobody involved in this one got drunk on success

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Century Gothic taking over!

Nocturnal Animals (2016)

Not enough raccoons and red-eyed tree frogs for my taste.

Le Conseguenze dell'amore (2004) by Paolo Sorrentino
+

Gummo (1997) by Harmony Korine
+

Erosu purasu Gyakusatsu (1969) by Yoshishige Yoshida
+

Shock Corridor (1963) by Samuel Fuller

Hahaha (2010) by Sang-soo Hong

Turning Gate (2002) by Sang-soo Hong
+

L'amant d'un jour (2017) by Philippe Garrel
+

Unregistered User
I haven't seen the film, although it's generally thought to be awful. But what tickles me is that the film which I did see, about the making of The Room, The Disaster Artist, is itself dreadful, save for its technical merit. Yet it's considered by many to be wonderful..

Will it be long before film makers catch on to this road to success? Simply make an inexpensive turkey, than make a film ABOUT making the rotten movie, and the critics will love it! What a pertinent way to assist the current film industry's slide into the muck. Surely we'll see more of this..

~Doc

Well I cant comment because I've not seen The Disaster Artist yet. I wanted to watch The Room first. That's certainly an interesting but sinister view. Cant see it happening though.

Unregistered User

Creep 2 (2017)

I actually think I prefer this to the first and also, its made me want to rewatch the first. I don't think I've ever disliked anything Duplass has been in. Seems a very versatile actor.

Borg McEnroe: The story of one of tennis' greatest rivalries that culminated at the 1980 Wimbledon finals, between Bjorn Borg and John McEnroe as despite being rivals on the court, they are actually quite similar in terms of their upbringing to achieve winning and perfection. Great performances by Sverrir Gudnason (who will play Mikael Blomkvist in The Girl in the Spider's Web) and Shia LeBeouf (I smell comeback as he was perfect in the role). I thought the film would focus more on Borg considering this is a Scandinavian production, but Ronnie Sandahl's script wisely gives nearly equal screen time for both titular roles.

Final Rating: A
This one looks intriguing. The one turn-off might be Shia LeBeouf, whose off-screen behavior and antics have damaged his public image and hurt his movie career.

I'll still check it out, though.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
The one turn-off might be Shia LeBeouf, whose off-screen behavior and antics have damaged his public image and hurt his movie career.
That's exactly why he was perfect to play John McEnroe Think about it...McEnroe's antics on the court back in the day is in par with LaBeouf's public image. Couldn't have found more better casting LOL

You can't win an argument just by being right!
That's exactly why he was perfect to play John McEnroe Think about it...McEnroe's antics on the court back in the day is in par with LaBeouf's public image. Couldn't have found more better casting LOL
I just saw the trailer. Looks pretty damn amazing quite frankly. Might get this to watch today rather than the Australian Open.

The Zookeeper's Wife (2017)

Director: Niki Caro

Directed by a woman and eligible for the upcoming Women Directors Countdown.

Really enjoyed this true story of heroism and personal risk in the face of the Nazi occupation of Poland.

My review