What movie(s) would you like see to usher in the New Year?

Tools    

Well the New Year lies before us, bringing thoughts of time past, joyous recollections, perhaps a few rueful regrets and hopefully the anticipation of new joys and opportunities for the next cycle of seasons. Oh and for some, reckless drunkenness - but not for me. I prefer to stay in on the eve, and plan to go to a New Year s Day party the 1st.

So ....what kind of movie(s) would you like to see now : this could include old faves, ones you haven t seen yet and/or even 'fantasy ' movies ( like fantasy football but without the annoying necessity of actually watching sports games that are 6 hours long) - you choose subject, genre, actors directors & score etc.

Since I would like to counteract this dim chill time of year, I m picking a few faves; I m a sucker for sweet hearted comedy romance, so I d like to see:
1- Moonstruck even tho it s set in winter

2 - Six Days Seven Nights hilarious and Harry still looks fine to me here.

3- Charade need I say more

4- Walk the Line. Not really all that lighthearted but about a true life romance of a singer and family of singers (the Carter family) I ve loved for years

5- Murphy s Romance- I just love this little gem of a film

Finally, two I associate with childhood - true classic that always warm my heart:
The Wizard of Oz

To Kill a Mockingbird

Finally if I could make a movie, I would fly with a movie camera around some of the lesser known BEAUTIFUL landscapes of America - including the Joyce Kilmer national forest in North Carolina, the coastline and caves of the upper Peninsula in Wisconsin, the seastacks and beaches of Oregon s Cannon beach , and the Sunken Forest of Fire Island NY. national seashore. I may call it America s Hidden Treasures , and would want to show and describe to the world the lesser known beauteous landscapes of our piece of the planet. I would be filming all it , sitting next to my pilot, who of of course would be-Harrison Ford (lmao)

Music by some of my fave 'roots' musicians, including Bob Dylan, Emmy Lou Harris, Judy Collins,Lumineers and The Avett Brothers.

And since he s become a dedicated and eloquent environmentalist; it would be narrated by David Letterman. But only if he shaves that beard!!!!!!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I have so many movies on my watchlist but just saw the trailer for Chavela doco and I think that hits the top of my list.

INSIDIOUS and it's not close.

I just pick whatever I'm in the mood for.

It's usually horror or action-thriller. Maybe throw in one that's a thinly veiled excuse for some eye candy...

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
Seeing that tomorrow is the new year for me, I might go with something like Jacob's Ladder or Rollerball or just go with a Bill Hicks stand-up instead

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
My gf loves that film and it's terrible, wish i could tell her that.
Why can't you?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Is 200 Cigarettes a good New Year's Eve movie?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Something i think is stupid with my gf who loves it like: Thirteen.

My gf loves that film and it's terrible, wish i could tell her that.

You should be able to tell her that you don't like a movie that she loves, but you might want to avoid the word "stupid". (Although Hubby tells me that some of my favorite movies are "stupid" all the time. )

Sounds apt to me. And watching it is certainly a better choice than smoking 200 cigarettes.

And definitely, from the sound of the weather report in northeast America- better than going anywhere near that ball dropping ' island, where the temperature will likely be a digit - a single digit.

Enjoy yourself and don t sleep through Elvis Costello.

Is 200 Cigarettes a good New Year's Eve movie?
My post was for you - seems like we had another same time posting cyber crash.