The Women Directors Hall of Fame

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
This Hof is moving fast! I skipped most of the last pages as I haven't seen those movies yet. I do plan on watching my own nom, Little Women tonight as it's a Christmas tradition at our house. It's not about Christmas but it does have some prominent Christmas scenes in it.

There are two different versions of the movie Little Women that are scheduled to air tomorrow, (Sunday 12/24).

The 1933 version (directed by George Cukor) will air on TCM at 6:00 AM Eastern Time. This is NOT the version in this HoF, but I thought some people might be interested in it for the 1930s countdown and/or for comparison to the version in this HoF.

The 1994 version (directed by Gillian Armstrong) will air on a channel called MOVIES! at 5:00 PM Eastern Time. This IS the version in this HoF. The website for the MOVIES! channel is http://moviestvnetwork.com/schedule/ so anyone interested can look up if it's available in your area.

As always, check your local listings for the correct time in your time zone.

There are two different versions of the movie Little Women that are scheduled to air tomorrow, (Sunday 12/24).
Thanks GBG for posting that. I've seen the 1933 version and it's a good one! Katherine Hepburn makes a good Jo.

Thanks GBG for posting that. I've seen the 1933 version and it's a good one! Katherine Hepburn makes a good Jo.

I have my DVR set to record both versions. I haven't seen either version yet, so I'm looking forward to seeing them both.

I have my DVR set to record both versions. I haven't seen either version yet, so I'm looking forward to seeing them both.
The 1949 version of Little Women had both Elizabeth Taylor and Janet Leigh in it. And there's supposedly a modern reboot coming out next year of Little Women (2018). I'm not interested in it

The 1949 version of Little Women had both Elizabeth Taylor and Janet Leigh in it. And there's supposedly a modern reboot coming out next year of Little Women (2018). I'm not interested in it

I checked the TV listings, but the 1949 version isn't listed on the schedule within the next two weeks.

However there are a few TV series called "Little Women" with different locations after the name, (LA, Atlanta, Dallas, and NY). I haven't heard of them before, but they're probably some crazy reality shows. (No relation to the movies, I hope. )

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The '49 version was on TCM early this morning. Do you have WatchTCM? It's on there for another week.

The '49 version was on early this morning. Do you gave WatchTCM? It's on there for a week.

Thanks for the info. My cable system has a limited amount of "On Demand" movies for TCM, but unfortunately it's not listed. I'll have to watch for it to come back around again.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
You get WatchTCM on the TCM website as long as your cable provider is on their list. Check TCM's schedule page and click on Watch TCM in the upper left corner to see if you can get it. You don't watch it on TV - you watch it on another device. I watch their movies on my laptop.

You get WatchTCM on the TCM website as long as your cable provider is on their list. Check TCM's schedule page and click on Watch TCM in the upper left corner to see if you can get it. You don't watch it on TV - you watch it on another device. I watch their movies on my laptop.

Thanks again. I forgot all about that. I tried using it a while back, but my cable system (Time Warner) wasn't listed back then. But Time Warner recently became Spectrum, and now they're listed. I just tried logging in, and it works.

Cool - the only thing you have to know is they get the movies after they appear on their channel and then for only one week.

Thanks again. I usually check TCM's schedule at the beginning of every week, and set my DVR for anything I want to watch, but somehow I missed the 1949 version of Little Women. (I think I was specifically looking for the other two versions at the time because of the upcoming countdowns.)

But at least now I have a way to catch some of the movies that I miss in the future.

Clueless (Amy Heckerling, 1995)

Whiffed, with sporadic outburst of joviality. I was really out of the demographics here. Not much I could connect to in this ode to ritzy teen girls living a rather affluent & pointless life in Southern C.

I did a ripping belly laugh...but only once, and it was at something that turned out to be unintentionally funny, the opening title credits. The film starts off with the 1980s mega hit song, Kids In America, only it's sung so badly that when the jeep with the girls first appears, I was totally sure the very next thing I would see was the hapless girls caterwauling and ruining a great song...which to me was damn funny!...Ha, the joke was on me, as that was no joke song at all, but a cover by a Southern C. band The Muffs.

Holy Crap Citizen! Get to the point all ready! OK, OK, I will...I liked Alicia Silvestone. I thought she was pretty good too, she was likable and personable. Her two girlfriends were lively as well. But the script had nothing for the soul, nothing for the heart, and certainly nothing for the mind. It was full of funny little stuffy fluff, but it felt unrewarding to me. Oh well, at least I can say I seen it.

...I'm with you on Clueless Citizen. It's alright but it doesn't do much for me.
That was my very first Alicia Silverstone movie, I had never seen her in anything before.

I just looked at her IMDB filmography and I can't say that I'm interested in watching any of her other movies.

That was my very first Alicia Silverstone movie, I had never seen her in anything before.

I just looked at her IMDB filmography and I can't say that I'm interested in watching any of her other movies.
I don't think she is a bad actress but yeah not the best career. According to Letterboxd i've seen her in five films: Clueless, Batman & Robin, The Babysitter, Scooby Doo 2 and Tropic Thunder. I don't even remember her being in Tropic Thunder and the other three are terrible. She's in The Killing of a Sacred Deer, planning on seeing that soon.

I don't think she is a bad actress but yeah not the best career. According to Letterboxd i've seen her in five films: Clueless, Batman & Robin, The Babysitter, Scooby Doo 2 and Tropic Thunder. I don't even remember her being in Tropic Thunder and the other three are terrible. She's in The Killing of a Sacred Deer, planning on seeing that soon.
I don't think she's a bad actress either, but she hasn't been in anything I've wanted to watch