La la land review

→ in
Tools    

Genre : Musical/Romance, Director : Damien Chazelle, Stars : Ryan Gosling, Emma Stone, John Legend, J.K. Simmons

Are you ready to experiment the greatest musical film of all time ?

The La la land's story takes place in Los Angeles where two young people, full of dreams and ambitions, are struggling to further their careers. Sebastian, a jazz pianist, is sick of playing music he doesn't like and is willing to ressurect that dying traditional jazz by opening his own jazz club.
Mia, a newbie actress, has always dreamed of becoming a Hollywood star, and moved from her hometown five years ago for this exact purpose. They eventually run into each other and start dating after a pretty bad first meeting. But as their relationship improve, the attractive career opportunities they bump into are making them believe in a fruitful career again, and these long-kept dreams are slowly starting to threaten their love as they are more and more separated from each other. Should their career aspirations be favored over their growing feelings ?

Before going to the cinema almost one year ago, I was thrilled to finally see from my own eyes this notorious movie which had already won a couple awards at the time. This movie itself gathered three of my favourite film genres : romance, musical and drama.
You can guess I expected a lot from it, and was already anticipating the worst disappointment if things weren't turning as I like. However, as soon as I sat in the cinema and that the film started screening, all my fears went away as the music of "Another day of sun" was playing.
La la land is a dazzling and absolutely astonishing piece of art in which you are literally transported in this look-alike Hollywood world from the 80s.
The music is unbelievingly good, the actors are incredibly talented and the story is absolutely fascinating. I can tell you that I was hooked by the gripping story until the very last second before bursting in tears as the film credits appeared on the screen to announce the end of it.

If you haven't watched "La la land" yet, go watch it now ! I assure you this is something you don't want to miss in any case. This film is worth every second of your time and will definitely charm you as it has already done with millions of people all around the world.
Now stop reading and go watch it !

Is it set in the eighties?

la la land i rate it 8/10

Enjoyed reading your review...I loved the movie, not sure if it deserved all the Oscar love it received (especially Emma Stone), but I still loved it.. rated it

It was a nice movie..I just loved it..

[color="Magenta"]

Benj Pasek and Justin Paul who did the music on lala land , they back doing the greatest showman, the music is so amazing, i havent heard of lala land music yet/COLOR]

La, La, Land - 8/10
Catchy songs, good casting, amazing set locations and an all-round feel-good film!