Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
"There were no dollars in them days."
"But sons of bitches...yeah."
I love that line from Once Upon a Time in the West
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Mark
Jezebel - (d. Wyler, 1938)
Mark...how did you like Jezebel? I loved Bette Davis in this.

Collateral ~
I was impressed with Jamie Fox....and loved the chemistry between Foxx and Cruise. I couldn't watch the killings and gun stuff...but I loved the character developement between the hit man and the cabbie.

Originally Posted by Aniko

Collateral ~
I was impressed with Jamie Fox....and loved the chemistry between Foxx and Cruise. I couldn't watch the killings and gun stuff...but I loved the character developement between the hit man and the cabbie.
Yes, Foxx did a great job and I believe he is slowly making his mark in film acting. Especially in the upcoming Ray, which I do think he should he should be duely noted.

For Cruise, he definitely deserves at least a nomination for his acting here.

Once Upon a Time in the West (d. Sergio Leone, 1968)
First time?

Originally Posted by Garrett
First time?
Yep. And it got a full four-stars, too.

Meanwhile:

Play it Again, Sam (d. Herbert Ross, 1972)

Passion Fish - very good. reminded me of limbo but didnt go as far into the main characters or tweaking the narrative. helps narrow down the list of sayles's movies i have yet to see. always a good thing.

and

Life of Brian - 'weewease. wodewwick!' okay. had some really funny parts and i love the cast but it's not a movie i can think of any great reason to return to later.

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
Originally Posted by Aniko
Mark...how did you like Jezebel? I loved Bette Davis in this.

Stay tuned for "Quick Reviews #10"

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Monty Python's Holy Grail- this is one of the funniest films ive seen in a long time.

"I fart in your general direction"
"We are the knights who say Ni!"
"Your must bring us a.....shrubbery!"

You ready? You look ready.
Indiana Jones and the Lost Ark- A great classic for the young, old, and really old. 4/5

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade- My favorite of the trilogy. Great chemistry between Connery and Ford. 5/5
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Tiptoes(d. Matthew Bright, 2003) **½
Tycoon: The New Russian (d. Pavel Lungin, 2002) ***

Originally Posted by lil' Johnny McClane
Indiana Jones and the Lost Ark
Or, as it is known to the rest of the world (besides John): Raiders of the Lost Ark.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Comfortably Numb
Night at the Roxbury
DieHard
Blow
I have become comfortably numb

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Poolhall Junkies
S.W.A.T

Originally Posted by Zzat
Tiptoes(d. Matthew Bright, 2003) **½
Tycoon: The New Russian (d. Pavel Lungin, 2002) ***
I assume that you've read my blog and adopted my style of tab-ing?

Put me in your pocket...
Princess Diaries 2~ Cute, sweet movie for girls of all ages. Loved Anne Hathaway.

Network (1976) ~ Wonderfully acted, well done, well written...and I didn't care for it. I didn't like any of the characters and it was hard to relate to them. The one character I was routing for at one point ended up on my dislike list by the end. I guess it was an intriguing look at what greed can do....however I HATED the ending.

I assume that you've read my blog and adopted my style of tab-ing?

Yes i hope you dont mind