Batman 5

Tools    

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by undercoverlover
it's ok i guess but shouldn't it have a yellow bat signal if it's a prequel? or maybe they figured he'd add it later
They're re-inventing Batman, so it's not like this really falls into the timeline of the films (or the comics, for that matter). And even if it did, Batman didn't start off with a yellow bat symbol. The first one was more like the symbol they are using, and the yellow one came later (when the colors were deplorably blue and grey).

And as Frank Miller suggested, it doesn't make sense to have a big yellow target on your chest, if you're Batman.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
if it doesnt make sense to have a yellow bat signal then why was he given one? i have no idea about the comic books i never read them and dont know much about the stories or costumes.

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by undercoverlover
if it doesnt make sense to have a yellow bat signal then why was he given one? i have no idea about the comic books i never read them and dont know much about the stories or costumes.
In comics, most costumes don't make sense. Batman's costume has always been pretty conventional, but even he couldn't escape the colorful, campy, "public service announcement" direction comic books ventured for a time. For some reason, they gave him a little color, despite the fact that he's always been a rather dark character. Tim Burton's Batman films were released while Batman himself wore the yellow symbol (in the books), so it seemed Burton opted to retain the yellow symbol, but shift the rest of the color to black, to cover all his bases. After all, black on yellow is a pretty impressive stark color shift.

When you think about it, though, Batman himself would never have given himself such a flamboyant symbol. The idea is to dwell in shadow, and remain low key - and yellow just doesn't do it. Batman is not a flashy character, and it seems like the Batman Begins crew is pushing Batman toward the darkness, where he belongs.

Your Puuuur-fect Movie Companion!
I agree Sleezy! Another thing new about the costume is how they've made the neck area more flexible. If you've seen Batman fighting in the previous 4 movies, you realise how stiff he was at the neck. That was because his cowl was one full rubber piece down to the bottom of his neck. The main costume material has been changed as well, notice that in the pictures, he's able to bend his knee in such fashion - I doubt that was possible with the first few costumes. We should be able to see a more agile Batman in this film - and hopefully a wider variety of martial arts moves.

"Never let a dog pick what you watch."

There are those who call me...Tim.
Originally Posted by Sleezy
When you think about it, though, Batman himself would never have given himself such a flamboyant symbol. The idea is to dwell in shadow, and remain low key - and yellow just doesn't do it. Batman is not a flashy character, and it seems like the Batman Begins crew is pushing Batman toward the darkness, where he belongs.
Though it would be funny if he were to install some high intensity lights into that symbol. That way he could run about in the shadows, and at the right moment he could flash his enemies and startle them.

And I know how wrong that sounds...

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Originally Posted by mack
They have an entire site dedicated to pics of the movie----It is at Batman Begins. But I dont think the trailer is out yet. I read on a link from RottenTomatoes here that the trailer was to be packaged with I Robot, but I cant seem to find it. If you get lucky, let me know!

if that is the post you're referring to jrs, then that site only showed 3 of the pictures i posted i didnt see the link before

Im not sure if this is true but this is suppose to be some of the script off Batman 5 if your interested
HERE

Jrs is one of these pictures the ones you try to post?
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	balebat.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	3425   Click image for larger version

Name:	EvolutionOfBatsuit.gif
Views:	150
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	3426  

the nose on the bat suit is kinda big, bale looks great, they say full bat suit wont appear until late into the movie., also they say you wont se much of the scarecrows "scary" suit either. high hopes for this film indeed

im hoping to see the Scarecrow
Batman films are the ones that usually do 2 or 3 villians

Originally Posted by jrs
It's the pic I posted in post #155.
i cant see the pic in 155