Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Every question is just put directly, there's no space for differente interpretations as in the first one.

WARNING: "spoiler" spoilers below
And the main protagonist never questions if he's human. He just questions if he's a son of two replicants. that wouldn't make him human, just a special kind of replicant. And that has nothing philosophical about it.

The original Blade Runner is among the most influential, mind challenging and deep works of the Sci Fi genre. 2049 should have never existed, if it was going to be just one more movie.
You'd think that the fact that we're even having this discussion would suggest that there's room for differing interpretations (I'd definitely contest your idea that the spoiler has "nothing philosophical about it"), but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. The movie's only been out for a couple of days, you can't reasonably expect it to immediately match the decades of analysis and re-interpretation that has been done on the original.

Anyway...

A Nightmare on Elm Street -

who cares

A Nightmare on Elm Street -

who cares
Is that a trick question?

The dark cinematography and music make this the only solid film of the series.

Try watching part 3. The best thing about that movie is what it should have been.

Welcome to the human race...
You're right about the dark cinematography, I couldn't see sh*t half the time. We'll see if I try giving it another shot but this is twice now that it's bored me so I'm questioning the point.

Blade Runner 2049

Certainly flawed, but it tries to be it's own thing while also being inspired by the first film. Jared Leto's acting and monologues are the hardest pills to swallow, but they are brief.

I loved the music in the trailer, and at the moment I feel as if they went a bit too far in the movie with emulating the music of Vangelis. However, it did feel inspired so perhaps I am picking on it a bit.

I was really happy I watched it in the theaters, the relationship between Jo and Joi is definitely worth the price of admission. Could have been worse, way worse.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	blade-runner-jared-leto-1500x1000.png
Views:	285
Size:	341.8 KB
ID:	36206  

I've seen Blade Runner 2049 too... I would give it 5/10.

The whole story about Rachel reminded me about what Star Wars did with Boba Fett.
It was a solid secondary character in the first Blade Runner, but building the entire story of the sequel on this character and on her few scenes in the first film, it doesn't work for me.

Also, I think Jared Leto was just cheesy, he doesn't have the charisma for this role. His slow speech was supposed to make him charismatic i guess, but it just felt very contrived and cheesy.

The relationship Jo/Joi was a good point indeed. Also Dave Bautista was great, he was believable and he was on point, he should have been the main character, really.

كُنْ فَيَكُونُ
Saw Mother by Aronofsky for the second time, tonight. Woah!

I don't get the controversy (is it that Jenifer Lawrence is starring??)

8/10 - Really astounding movie

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Quite enjoyed this. Nice twist, and Emily Browning was a total standout

Quite enjoyed this. Nice twist, and Emily Browning was a total standout
ATOTS is better imo but yeah it's a decent enough version

You can't win an argument just by being right!
ATOTS is better imo but yeah it's a decent enough version
What's that chyp? I just really liked Emily. And the twist.

This might just do nobody any good.
A Tale of Two Sisters is insane!

It’d be in my 2017 spooky watchlist if I could get a hold of it anywhere.

Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

My Summer of Love

4*

Great movie, great ambiance and I loved how realistically the teenage girls were styled. In most movies that feature 16 year old girls, they look 16 going on 25.

Raging Bull (1980)
Director: Martin Scorsese

This is one of those highly acclaimed classics, that somehow I'd never seen before...until the other night that is. I really knew nothing about it other than it was about a boxer, which is a plus as I usually like boxing movies. Right off the bat I see this is done in black & white, which to me is a huge plus. Then I realize this is about a real boxer, Jake LaMotta. Bio Pics set in period pieces is just the type of films I usually love.

So I should have loved this, but I was bored to tears. Say what you will about critiquing styles, ultimately for me a film works or not, if it can hold me attention, and this didn't. I wanted to shut it off after 15 minutes but figured any movie this respected most get better, for me it never did.

I didn't hate it, even worse I felt nothing, no emotions, zip. I've never been a fan of Robert DeNiro and here he didn't relay any emotions to me, other than he was paranoid, and even that wasn't really explored, not in any deeper way.

But maybe that's not his fault as Scorsese does his attempt at European New Wave cinema, so I'd say the lack of story or character development is intentional on Scorsese's part.

To me it felt like I was watching parts of a movie with the connecting scenes gone. Snippets of a film...Jake's first wife disappears from the film without a trace. His second wife, reminded me of Kim Novak but without any of her inner qualities, she was the worst written & performed character in the movie. Joe Pesci was the best, he seemed inspired and alive.

I expected some character arcs to take place with the dissolving marriage as the back drop in which to show us how Jake's personality destroys everything, which is never really done. Yea, I did get the idea of the film and what Scorsese was showing and it failed me.

I thought the boxing scenes were boring and usually those are best part of a boxing film. The copious amounts of blood spraying out of the boxers head, reminded me of something from a Monty Python movie. I mean it's a nozzle spraying the entire audience, it's kind of funny, though I don't think that was the intention.