Director Dissection with Seanc and Rauldc

Tools    

Whoops, yeah I did @seanc

There.
I have the same top 5, just in a different order. Honestly though any could be my fave depending on my mood. Except Lebowski probably. I love it and give it a 5/5, pretty solidly behind the other 4 which could all be in my top ten though.

I absolutely love the Coens. Here's my ranking

1. Inside Llewyn Davis
2. The Big Lebowski
3. Fargo
4. No Country for Old Men
5. Barton Fink
6. Blood Simple
7. Burn After Reading
8. True Grit
9. Miller's Crossing
10. O Brother, Where Art Thou?
11. Raising Arizona
12. The Hudsucker Proxy
13. The Man Who Wasn't There
14. A Serious Man
15. The Ladykillers

Haven't seen Intolerable Cruelty or Hail Caesar

That's awesome, Sean!

Since we have the same 5 movies in the top, which missing Coen movie would you recommend me next?
Ha, the ones you haven't seen are my least favorites. The first half of Raising Arizona is hilarious but it loses me. I am the lone dissenting opinion on O'Brother, it has its moments. I have watched Hail Ceasear three times now. It sticks with me, but there is something missing. I would go Hail Ceasear next.

Ha, the ones you haven't seen are my least favorites. The first half of Raising Arizona is hilarious but it loses me. I am the lone dissenting opinion on O'Brother, it has its moments. I have watched Hail Ceasear three times now. It sticks with me, but there is something missing. I would go Hail Ceasear next.
You don't like O Brother Where Art Thou, Sean? Why's that?

You don't like O Brother Where Art Thou, Sean? Why's that?
Honestly can't put my finger on it. I think I just don't find it funny enough. I have given it three chances. It's Coen brothers, I want to love it. Very similar experience with Raising Arizona.

I think I've tried to watch O' Brother twice now... I still haven't finish it. I love the look and the aesthetics, but never cared for the story or characters much... One day I'll finish it.

Coen Brothers Rankings

They Sure Will

Barton Fink

Fargo

No Country For Old Men

Inside Llewyn Davis

The Big Lebowski

Miller's Crossing

A Serious Man

The Man Who Wasn't There

Blood Simple

True Grit

Burn After Reading

Hail, Caesar!

The Ladykillers

Raising Arizona

O Brother, Where Art Thou

Intolerable Cruelty

I have seen Hudsucker Proxy but too long ago to rate and rank. Feel like it would be around the O Brother area.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Next will be Howard Hawks with special guest @Citizen Rules returning again!!!!

Here is our 6 movies

Barbary Coast
To Have and Have Not
Bringing Up Baby
Scarface
The Big Sky
Only Angels Have Wings

Should be a good one!

Scarface
The Big Sky
Only Angels Have Wings
Might join in with those three. Watched and liked Angels With Dirty Faces alot the other day so i'm interested in seeing more classic gangster films, can't be as bad as De Palma's Scarface at least I own Only Angels Have Wings so i should be able to get to that at least.

Weird that you are doing Bringing Up Baby when two of you were in the 11th HOF.

Might join in with those three. Watched and liked Angels With Dirty Faces alot the other day so i'm interested in seeing more classic gangster films, can't be as bad as De Palma's Scarface at least I own Only Angels Have Wings so i should be able to get to that at least.

Weird that you are doing Bringing Up Baby when two of you were in the 11th HOF.
I've no problem with rewatches bro. Plus, it was the one of the three of us who wasn't in it that nominated it.

Look forward to your thoughts.

Present and accounted for! Happy to be invited back too I guess I didn't leave too many dirty dishes in the sink last time

I'm psyched, this should be fun. Howard Hawks has like a zillion great films.

Barbary Coast
To Have and Have Not
Bringing Up Baby
Scarface
The Big Sky
Only Angels Have Wings

I've never seen The Big Sky (that I remember) It's been a very long time for the other movies. Except Bringing Up Baby I watched that twice for a previous Hof, but I'll watch it again (that must be Raul's choice)

I picked Bringing Up Baby. I know you guys watched it recently so if you aren't into it...too bad. Just kidding, I really wanted to see it though, even though I will probably hate it.

I picked Bringing Up Baby. I know you guys watched it recently so if you aren't into it...too bad. Just kidding, I really wanted to see it though, even though I will probably hate it.
I like it. Screwball is hot or miss with me, but that one's a hit.