Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Would have to be right up there with the most boring movie I have seen all year. In my defence I kept drifting in and out of micro sleep but omg.

Blair Witch

Where Book Of Shadows went in a complete new direction, this really is The Blair Witch Project turned up to 10 and I appreciate that, I don't get where all the hate comes from for this movie, I also like that it has components from Book Of Shadows, I don't think I will watch this another time though as it is so damn scary

Excellent movie.

Somewhat belabored, but not bad at all.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses

Would have to be right up there with the most boring movie I have seen all year. In my defence I kept drifting in and out of micro sleep but omg.
Well, if you ever have trouble sleeping...

Trois couleurs trilogy [Three Colours Trilogy] (Krzysztof Kieslowski, 1993/1994)
Red > Blue > White - nuff said
*arithmetic mean rating

You can read more on my Netflix Renaissance thread, but Chopper (2000) was awesome. I love The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (2007) and Killing Them Softly (2012) (unfortunately for the latter, my opinion is not the popular one), so it was nice to see Dominik's cinematic roots.

Melancholia (2011)

That ending tho

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Trois couleurs trilogy [Three Colours Trilogy] (Krzysztof Kieslowski, 1993/1994)
Red > Blue > White - nuff said
*arithmetic mean rating
Awesome, wasn't sure if you'd agree people seem to be really split between Red and Blue. I'd have Double Life of Veronique after Blue, not seen The Decalogue yet.

Awesome, wasn't sure if you'd agree people seem to be really split between Red and Blue. I'd have Double Life of Veronique after Blue, not seen The Decalogue yet.
There's a lot to like about Blue and I'd say it's the more adventurous of the three but for me Red was easily the superior as it much more fitted my personal taste and aside from the very ending I struggled to find fault with it tbh. White is clearly the runt of the litter imo, probably not aided by it being more absurd and comedic, but even then it was enjoyable enough in it's own way.

Ghostbusters. Haven't seen this in about six and a half years, and this is the first time I've seen it on Blu ray and on my bigger TV, and I have to say absolutely I loved it to bits all over again. The Blu ray looks absolutely gorgeous and the film is as magic and funny as it was 33 years ago.
Still one of my all time favourite movies.

Ghostbusters. Haven't seen this in about six and a half years
But I thought it came out just last year?

The Mummy (2017) - 5/10

Oh cool, someone who has seen Angel Face, did you just watch it?
I've seen it several times. Most recently within the past 10 years. I really like the film, but the ending is like a slap in the face....shocking, that is. I always want to see them get away.

In the '40s Mitchum didn't often play a sleaze, even one who slid into being a sleaze. Bad guy, tough guy, strange guy even; but never a weak guy. And when you have strong character like he had, you get a deodorant named after you...

~Doc

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

Inferno
++ With a few minor variations to the usual gambit, but then, I do enjoy this gambit.

Ghost in the Shell
It has been a decade or two since watching the anime so I didn't get enraged by the incorrectness and it simply made me want to watch the anime again. And THAT is a very good thing - besides, Kitano was it in. And that's TWO good things.

Pirates of the Caribbean; Dead Men Tell No Tales
I think even Depp is getting a little tired of this franchise. Which is a shame because it is a fun one. Enjoyed Javer of course.

is thouroughly embarrassed of this old username.

Fellini Satyricon
dir. Federico Fellini
It's pretty bizarre structurally in that its more a collection of individual scenes featuring the same protagonist more than a cohesive narrative but the sets and set pieces are beyond incredible and it makes every scene an absolute delight. Very fun and creative.