Just Rented!

Tools    

Well I just returned from the video store picked up some films and I bought a couple also. Heres the list.. Let me know what ya think.

Bought
1. Dead Man
2. Big Fish (I collect Tim Burton films. Almost have em all now)

Rented
1. Fight Club (Seen it before but not for awhile)
2. Original Sin
3. Storytelling
4. Astronaught's Wife
5. Pushing Tin
6. State and Main
7. Once Apon A Time In Mexico

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

Originally Posted by The_Elephant_Man
Heres the list.. Let me know what ya think.

Dead Man
Fight Club (Seen it before but not for awhile)
Original Sin
Storytelling
Astronaut's Wife
Pushing Tin
State and Main
Once Upon A Time In Mexico
Dead Man and Fight Club are great flicks. State & Main is terrific too, understated hilarity. Storytelling has its moments, but isn't anywhere near on a par with Happiness or Welcome to the Dollhouse. Pushing Tin was such a major disappoinment given the talent involved - wasted potential on every front. Once Upon A Time in Mexico is a huge mess of a misstep, save for Johnny Depp hamming it up. The Astronaut's Wife and Original Sin are just plain stinkers.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Dead Man and Fight Club are great flicks. State & Main is terrific too, understated hilarity. Storytelling has its moments, but isn't anywhere near on a par with Happiness or Welcome to the Dollhouse. Pushing Tin was such a major disappoinment given the talent involved - wasted potential on every front. Once Upon A Time in Mexico is a huge mess of a misstep, save for Johnny Depp hamming it up. The Astronaut's Wife and Original Sin are just plain stinkers.
Not seen Big Fish?

Originally Posted by Garrett
Not seen Big Fish?
I thought Big Fish was frustratingly average, and really missed out on what it could have been. Good moments here and there, but not enough. Too bad.

But as Merrick there had already seen it and loves Tim Burton, I didn't reckon he needed any opinions on that one.

I'm being chased by evil pirates!!!
Not that great of a haul, I've had better

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Bought
1. Dead Man
2. Big Fish (I collect Tim Burton films. Almost have em all now)

I would rather eat an entire roll of aluminum foil than rewatch Dead Man... I liked Big Fish ok for the most part, but it was not nearly the film it could have been. Nice photography, though.

Rented
1. Fight Club (Seen it before but not for awhile) Awesome!!
2. Original Sin - the jumpy photography got on my nerves...
3. Storytelling - nevah hoid of it
4. Astronaught's Wife - didn't see it
5. Pushing Tin - Kevin Costner... wow, I've been posting for almost a month and havn't made a single Kevin Costner joke, yet!
6. State and Main - haven't seen...
7. Once Apon A Time In Mexico - Johnny Depp is good in this, and if you're familiar with 5 act spanish revenge plays, you might like the nod to those...

What did you think of them?

5. Pushing Tin - Kevin Costner... wow, I've been posting for almost a month and havn't made a single Kevin Costner joke, yet!
But Kevin Costner isn't in Pushing Tin. I reckon you're thinkin' of Tin Cup, the romantic comedy with Costner as a golfer. Nope. Pushing Tin stars John Cusack and Billy Bob Thornton as air traffic controllers. Angelina Jolie and Cate Blanchett co-star. Directed by Mike Newell (Donnie Brasco, Four Weddings and a Funeral) it's supposed to be a darkly comic satire, but the tone is hoplessly off and despite the good cast and rich premise it goes absolutely nowhere. Very disappointing. Frustratingly so.

As for Tin Cup, while not on the level of Bull Durham or White Men Can't Jump, it's quite enjoyable.

6. State and Main - haven't seen...
You should see it. I think it's right up your alley. A low-key and very smart little comedy about a Hollywood film crew invading a small Vermont town. It's David Mamet at his comic best, and Philip Seymour Hoffman and William H. Macy in particular are perfect.

The Emperor of Ice Cream
I've made that same Pushing Tin/Tin Cup blunder before, although it was verbally.