Mr. Beatle's Best of The Beatles!

Tools    

I'm a big fan yesterday put all their albums in the car and are listening to them one after the other

Also a big fan George and John's stuff

I'm a big fan yesterday put all their albums in the car and are listening to them one after the other

Great. I also had the liberty to look at your profile,and saw you're from the era. Ever been to a concert or seen John live? You're nearly as old as my mom (there - 9th July '48, it's in two days, today's Ringo's) who's nearly as old as my dad (there - 19th Jan '47) AND you're a day ahead of me (here - 29th July '73, I started when they finished)

I'm a bit

42. Your mother should know

Great. I also had the liberty to look at your profile,and saw you're from the era. Ever been to a concert or seen John live? You're nearly as old as my mom (there - 9th July '48, it's in two days, today's Ringo's) who's nearly as old as my dad (there - 19th Jan '47) AND you're a day ahead of me (here - 29th July '73, I started when they finished)

I'm a bit

42. Your mother should know

I took my mum on a Beatles Magical Tour, i'm only 10 min drive from Albert Dock, that's the place to be for a fan!

I took my mum on a Beatles Magical Tour, i'm only 10 min drive from Albert Dock, that's the place to be for a fan!
Thanks. I don't know what's it today, but back in the day, they used to go on some sorta bus trips to get pissed (in the British english sense, to get drunk) and so that whole idea for that crazy movie came about. One of my fave movies of all time. I love it cause I'm nutz.

May I ask what's exactly there for a fan to see or hear?

I have been to London, twice even, but that was before I became a fan (to put it mildly). I'd just like to emphasize here also that I'm not actually a massive Beatles fan - I'm a massive John fan.

Thanks. I don't know what's it today, but back in the day, they used to go on some sorta bus trips to get pissed (in the British english sense, to get drunk) and so that whole idea for that crazy movie came about. One of my fave movies of all time. I love it cause I'm nutz.

May I ask what's exactly there for a fan to see or hear?

I have been to London, twice even, but that was before I became a fan (to put it mildly). I'd just like to emphasize here also that I'm not actually a massive Beatles fan - I'm a massive John fan.
I'm not a Beatles fan myself, but Liverpool is home of the Fab Four so there's no way of getting away from it, at the Albert Dock there's shops full of souvenirs, i think there's a kind of underground shop too which sells their LPs, the Magical Mystery Tour is a bus ride around Liverpool, taking in all the places The Beatles grew up, hung out etc, then there's The Cavern, that's where they played as they became famous, Cilla Black also performed there, i've been to The Cavern many times, there's shops and a restaurant in there. There's also a museum dedicated to them at the Pier Head, four life sized bronze statues of Paul & co stand proudly outside

Hey your birthday is a day after mine Leo's rule

Sad but I have never seen them in concert when they came to Australia i was 14 my parents wouldn't even let me go to Sydney to meet their plane

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I grew up listening to the Beatles. Always loved their music. I have a Beatles app on my phone and can listen to them anytime and any place I want.

Hey your birthday is a day after mine Leo's rule

Sad but I have never seen them in concert when they came to Australia i was 14 my parents wouldn't even let me go to Sydney to meet their plane
There we go with that astrology stuff again...

hahha! Relax! If anyone's to blame, it's me! I'm zodiacing here like a madman all the time, it's the others that attack me. Yeah, leo is very nice, easy goin. We're not rigid and that's the most important stuff for me. That's why I love john so much - if anyone wasn't rigid in the history of the world, it's him. And in my case, Leo definately rules, since I was born the same day as Benito Mussolini.

Hey baby, imagine being at the shea stadium!

Notice how a guy covers his ears. It was so loud, the screaming that is, that they even couldn't hear them selves singing or playing! And they were amplified by 110 Watts afterall. It was ridiculous! An airplane went by, and john thought an amplifier exploded!

Then yours would be two days after Carl Jung's.
Hey, man! Jung's one of my fav people overall! I can't stand Freud!

Manyia great Leo 26

Mick Jagger
Carl gustav Jung
Stanley Kubrick, ha!
Blake Edwards
george Bernard shaw
Aldous Huxley
Sandra Bullock
Roger Taylor
Kate Backinsale (who's 3 days older than me)

What's yours?

"Jung love, first love - filled with true devotion.
Jung love, our love - we share with deep emotion."

Never realised what that song was about before

43. The Ballad of john and yoko

44. Ticket to ride

45. Tomorrow Never Knows

46. She Loves You

47. The Word

48. Two of us (not found)

49. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band reprise

50. Paperback Writer

51. Penny Lane

52. The Long and Winding Road

53. The Fool on the Hill

54. Eight Days a Week

55. Any Time At All

56. Back In The USSR

57. Helter Skelter

track 23

58. Octopuss' Garden

I will continue that write up on All you need is love, and other songs.

ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE (Lennon-McCartney)

Lennon vocal, harpsichord, banjo; McCartney harmony vocal, string bass, bass guitar; Harrison harmony vocal, violin, guitar; Starr drums; George Martin piano; Sidney Sax, Patrick Halling, Eric Bowie, Jack Holmes violins; Rex Morris, Don Honeywill tenor saxes; Stanley Woods, David Mason trumpets; Evan Watknis, Harry Spain trombones; Jack Emblow accordion; Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Marianne Faithfull, Jane Asher, Mike McCartney, Patti Harrison, Eric Clapton, Graham Nash, Keith Moon, Hunter Davies, Gary Leeds (and others) chorus; Mike Vickers conductor
Recorded: 14th June 1967, Olympic Sound Studios; 19th June 1967, Abbey Road 3; 23rd-25th June1967, Abbey Road 1.
Producer: George Martin. Engineers: Eddie Kramer/Geoff Emerick.
UK release: 7th July 1967 (A single/BABY YOU'RE A RICH MAN)
US release: 17th July 1967
(A single/BABY YOU'RE A RICH MAN)

I'll continue later. I have to shut down the comp.
One of The Beatles' less deserving hits, Lennon's ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE owes more of its standing to its vocal historical associations than to its inspiration which, as with their other immediate post-Pepper recordings - MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR, BABY YOU'RE A RICH MAN, ALL TOGETHER NOW, YOU KNOW MY NAME (LOOK UP THE NUMBER) and IT'S ALL TOO MUCH - is desultory. Thrown together for Our World, a live TV broadcast linking twenty-four countries by global satellite on 25th June 1967, the song is an inelegant structure in alternating bars of 4/4 and 3/4, capped by a chorus which, like its B-side, BABY YOU'RE A RICH MAN, consists largely of a single note. The order in which groups recordings of this period were issued concealed the slapdash atmosphere in which they were made and to some extent disguised the sloppiness on show in ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE (a false impression reinforced by the razzmatazz surrounding it). The fact was, though, that The Beatles were now doing willfully substandard work: paying little attention to musical values and settling for lyric first-thoughts on the principle that everything, however haphazard, meant something and if it didn't - so what? Their attention to production, so painstaking during the Pepper sessions, has likewise faded. (The engineers at Olympic, where the backing track was prepared for the TV broadcast, were shocked by the carelessness with which the mixdown was made.)
Drog-sodden laziness was half the problem. In Lennon's case, this was complicated by his oscillating confidence, which had him either wildly overestimating The Beatles ('We're as good as Beethoven') or flatly dissmissing them (and art in general) as a 'con'. The rest of the trouble sprang from the ethos of 1967 itself - a passive atmosphere in which anything involving struggle, conflict, or diffilcuty seemed laughably unenlightened. 'It's easy' - the half-ingenious, half-sarcastic refrain of ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE - expressed both this starry-eyed mood and The Beatles' non-evaluative attitude to their music in the dazzling light of LSD. All you had to do was toss a coin, consult the I Ching, or read a random paragraph from a newspaper - and then start playing or singing. Anyone could do it, everyone could join in. ('All together now . . .')

During the sessions for ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE, Harrison insisted on playing violin, an instrument he'd never previously touched.

The communality of the hippies, like that of the 17th-century nonconformists to whom they looked for precedents, was essentially egalitarian. There was little room in this outlook for 'special' individuals and thus (theoretically, at least) small scope for artistic genius. Creativity was merely the childlike play of the imagination; we were all artists. When The Pink Floyd made a TV appearance to promote their extraordinary second single 'See Emily Play', they were surrounded by a kaftan-clad crowd of beatific followers resembling fey emissaries from somr future Eden. Shortly afterwards, The Beatles repeatzed the trick by performing ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE knee-deep in garlanded hangers-on, going one better by having them all sing along.
If the lotus-eating delusion of an egalitarian life of ease was seductive, its concomitant worship of benign chance was positively enervating. During the chaotic sessions for IT'S ALL TOO MUCH, the group filled several tapes with instrumental ramblings to which they never later returned, although they were presumably under the impression that they were doing something worthwhile at the time. By mid-1967, their enthousiasm for 'random', which had begun as a sensible instinct for capitalising on fortuitous mistakes, was starting to degenerate into a readiness to accept more or less anything, however daft or irrelevant, as divinely dispensed. Lennon's lyric for ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE shows the rot setting in: a shadow of sense discernible behind a cloud of casual incoherencethrough which the author's train of thought glides sleepily backwards. The various musical quotations

The 'Marseillaise', a Bach two-part invention, Greensleeves, and Glenn Miller's 'In The Mood'. (The last was still in copyright and The Beatles later made an out-of-count settlement with its publisher.)

- collaged onto the backing track by George Martin, working to The Beatles' offhand instructions - are in the same vein, if more to the point, underlining an ambiguity implicit in the orchestra's blowsily derisive rejoinders to the chorus. The presiding spirit of ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE nonetheless has more to do with comfortable self-indulgence than redeeming self-parody.
During the materialistic Eighties, this song's title was the butt of cynics, there being, obviously, any number of additional things needed to sustain life on earth. It should, perhaps, be pointed out that this record was not conceived as a blueprint for a successful career. 'All you need is love' is a transcendental statementz, as true on its level as the principle of investment on the level of the stock exchange. In the idealistic perspective of 1967 - the polar opposite of 1987 - its title makes perfect sense.

A DAY IN THE LIFE (Lennon-McCartney)

Lennon double-tracked vocal, acoustic guitar, piano;McCartney vocal, piano, bass; Harrison maracas; Starr drums, bongos; Erich Gruenberg, Granville Jones, Bill Monro, Jurgen Hess, Hans Geiger, D. Bradley, Lionel Bentley, David McCallum, Donald Weekes, Henry Datyner, Sidney Sax, Ernest Scott violins; John Underwood, Gwynne Edwards, Bernard Davis, John Meek violas; Francisco Gabarro, Dennis Vigay, Alan Dalziel, Alex Nifosi cellos; Cyril MacArthur, Gordon Pearce doublebasses; John Marston harp; Basil Tschaikov, Jack Brymer clarinets; Roger Lord oboe; N. Faxcett, Alfred Waters bassoons; Clifford Seville, David Sandeman flutes; Alan Civil, Neil Sanders French horns; David Mason, Monty Montgomery, Harold Jackson trumpets; Raymond Brown Raymond Premru, T. Moore trombones; Michael Barnes tuba; Tistan Fry timpani, percussion

Recorded: 19th-20th January, 3rd February 1967, Abbey Road 2; 10th February 1967, Abbey Road 1; 22nd February 1967, Abbey Road 2.

Producer: George Martin. Engineer Geoff Emerick.
UK release: 1st June 1967 (LP: Sgt. Pepper's Loneley Hearts Club Band)
US release: 2nd June 1967 (LP: Sgt. Pepper's Loneley Hearts Club Band)

This bloody thing has 5 pages, so I'll edit.

With STRAWBERRY FIELDS FOREVER and PENNY LANE in the can, The Beatles were confident that their reply to The Beach Boys' Pet Sounds was well under-way. Capitol, though, needed a new single and the tracks were accordingly requisitioned for a double A-side in February 1967. Since UK chart protocol in the Sixties was that anything issued as a single could not be included on an LP released the same year, the group submitted to this with ill grace.

In retrospect, George Martin describes his decision to pull STRAWBERRY FIELDS FOREVER and PENNY LANE off the album as 'the buggest mistake of my professional life' (Summer Of Love, p. 26).

Apart from putting them back to square one with the new album, the decision killed the informal concept of an LPˇ drawing inspiration from their Liverpool childhoods. Fortunately, they were at the peak of powers and, only two days after finishing PENNY LANE, they were back in Abbey Road working on their finest single achievment: A DAY IN THE LIFE.

Two typical songs. John's raw, stripped down to the bone, brutaly honest, yet with better music than anyone in history has ever written, IMHO.

Paul with a genial melodic and energetic one. He can go soft as well, of course.

Do you ever imagine if John had lived? (I'm sure you do.)
Do you think he and Yoko would still be together?
What kind of projects would he have worked on?
Do you think he would've talked to Paul?
Do you think he would've tried for a reunion (or even been open to the idea) before George died?