Foreign Film Suggestions

Tools    

movies can be okay...
Never heard of it. Very briefly, what is it about?
It is about the intersection of three people's lives; Luis, an unemployed literature teacher who tries to realise the last wish of his ill daughter, Barbara, a disturbed woman who suffers from mental disorders, and Damian, a retired maths professor who has recently got out of jail.
Just talking about the film makes me want to re-watch it again.

Excellent movie.

It is about the intersection of three people's lives; Luis, an unemployed literature teacher who tries to realise the last wish of his ill daughter, Barbara, a disturbed woman who suffers from mental disorders, and Damian, a retired maths professor who has recently got out of jail. Just talking about the film makes me want to re-watch it again.
Cheers. Will put it in my Netflix Q.

Do British films count as foreign?

LOL. Depends where you live. The original Wicker Man was a good movie. Very strange. Rec looks good. I've put it in my Netflix Q.

Two of my favorite foreign movies:

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I didn't like this but there seem to be quite a few japanese horror fans on Mofo

I didn't like this but there seem to be quite a few japanese horror fans on Mofo

is it scary Dani?

I don't remember it being scary as such, Nesto. I was too irritated by the in your face japanese stereotypes which faux offended me. It was recommended to me by a friend who's into torture genre at a time when I was getting into extreme horror. The torture scenes didn't bother me but the characters did, if that makes sense. He loved it. I might try a rewatch with a different mindset.

I don't remember it being scary as such, Nesto. I was too irritated by the in your face japanese stereotypes which faux offended me. It was recommended to me by a friend who's into torture genre at a time when I was getting into extreme horror. The torture scenes didn't bother me but the characters did, if that makes sense. He loved it. I might try a rewatch with a different mindset.
yeah well, I know what you mean. I dont really like horrors that are pure graphic violence of type of Saw I, II, III ... etc. Horror is something that should really frighten me, brings me fear to be in dark. And i havent seen such since Orphan picture. So yeah, I just pass on this one

yeah well, I know what you mean. I dont really like horrors that are pure graphic violence of type of Saw I, II, III ... etc. Horror is something that should really frighten me, brings me fear to be in dark. And i havent seen such since Orphan picture. So yeah, I just pass on this one
Yep I know what you mean. Skip it, buddy. Torture genre really should be it's own rather than a horror sub genre, I think. I don't find them at all scary because I tend to shut down from the graphic violence, and I end up feeling nothing which defeats the purpose for me.

Martyrs is a bit scary, and the torture in that actually has a purpose so you might prefer that when you're in the mood. The movie hangs around in your mind for quite a while, though. Brilliant film IMO. Probably my favourite of that genre.

Les enfants du paradis (1945, aka Children of Paradise) -- regarded by many as the greatest French film following the invention of synchronized sound. (Abel Gance's Napoléon being regarded as the greatest silent French film.)