Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

“I was cured, all right!”
@Ultraviolence what didnt you like about autopsy of Jane Doe? I nodded off for the reveal then woke up for the end, and I;m glad I did nod off, but otherwise I just really liked the acting and the dynamic between father and son.

Not enough boobs...

I'm kidding right?
So, the film started very well but I hate stupid jump scares without reasons, It's stupid. The father/son relationship was cool, but it was VEEERY predictable! I love the horror/mystery genre but this one fail in the mystery for me, nothing new, there's another films like this one out there in terms of place/situation and characters that have done a better job!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Not enough boobs...

I'm kidding right?
So, the film started very well but I hate stupid jump scares without reasons, It's stupid. The father/son relationship was cool, but it was VEEERY predictable! I love the horror/mystery genre but this one fail in the mystery for me, nothing new, there's another films like this one out there in terms of place/situation and characters that have done a better job!
LOL at the boobs comment.

Thanks for your reply, Uber (I think that nickname will stick for me now; it suits you). I agree - I dont like stupid jump scares either but the one I got set the mood for me. The reveal, from what I read, is not my thing, but not having seen it I shouldnt really comment - I just dont really like that aspect in thrillers.
Cox and Hirsch were excellent; I dont really remember much about the actress.

What movies do you think did this kind of story better? I can never have enough thriller genre on my radar.

There has been a big mistake done with "The Autopsy of Jane Doe". Instead of a twist, there should have been an atmosphere and "knowing without knowing" sense.

There has been a big mistake done with "The Autopsy of Jane Doe". Instead of a twist, there should have been an atmosphere and "knowing without knowing" sense.
That would have worked much better for me, Tugg.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Booked for Safekeeping - 6/10

I know it might be pro-police propaganda, but I like how none of them are aggressive, and I liked hearing how guns never help someone who is extremely mentally ill because they don't understand it or don't care.

It's only 30-35 minutes, I'll paste the link below

Rogue One after not being able to catch it in theaters. Way better than I thought it would be. The last 45 minutes was awesome, reminds you no matter how you feel about the previous movies the climaxes with the space and ground battles are always amazing. Would have liked to have seen more character development, especially with Jyn but it's understandable they didn't get much since it was a very straightforward film. I hear they cut a LOT of stuff too so I have no doubts more scenes that fleshed these guys out were among some of them.

Hush. A deaf woman living in the country becomes the target of a sadistic killer in this gripping 2016 horror thriller from writer-director Mike Flanagan (Oculus, Ouija: Origin of Evil). This movie is a lean, mean exercise in nerve-wracking suspense and tension from my favourite modern horror director and genuinely had me on the edge of my seat. Cracking stuff!
Time this got a proper DVD/Blu release!

Hush. A deaf woman living in the country becomes the target of a sadistic killer in this gripping 2016 horror thriller from writer-director Mike Flanagan (Oculus, Ouija: Origin of Evil). This movie is a lean, mean exercise in nerve-wracking suspense and tension from my favourite modern horror director and genuinely had me on the edge of my seat. Cracking stuff!
Time this got a proper DVD/Blu release!
Oh cool. I hdnt heard of this.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Charlie Murphy - I Will Not Apologize - 6/10

I wish I saved my review that I just wrote (still awaiting approval)... He's much funnier in real person, in an interview, or on Chappelle Show. I think because it was his first special he used many of the boring methods of many mediocre comedians. Also, he went on and on with a reference.. If you don't watch his movies or shows, or if you don't keep up with trivial and gossip matters, it won't be applicable.

movies can be okay...
Angst (1983):

Sometimes I don't consider great horror movies, as great movies, since they tend to have more flaws than your average great movies, does that make any sense ? Hopefully it did at least a little bit....anyways, that is not the case for Angst, it is a great film. It has amazing cinematography, and an amazing lead performance by Erwin Leder who pretty much plays a psychopath as accurately as possible, his performance is even raised to higher levels due to the camera work that puts us in the main character's chaotic mind. Not to mention the phenomenal score that adds so much to the atmosphere, I also wish to describe more of the amazing film making done by the director, but it truly has to be experienced at first to properly understand it. This would be a horror masterpiece if it wasn't for the second act, there I unfortunately encountered many errors, possibly due to the (low?) budget and the weak acting by the supporting characters, I have to say though, the first and third acts are literally perfection in my eyes, and that's something I rarely see in horror movies.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

Angst (1983):

Sometimes I don't consider great horror movies, as great movies, since they tend to have more flaws than your average great movies, does that make any sense ? Hopefully it did at least a little bit....anyways, that is not the case for Angst, it is a great film. It has amazing cinematography, and an amazing lead performance by Erwin Leder who pretty much plays a psychopath as accurately as possible, his performance is even raised to higher levels due to the camera work that puts us in the main character's chaotic mind. This would be a horror masterpiece if it wasn't for the second act, there I unfortunately encountered many errors, possibly due to the (low?) budget and the weak acting by the supporting characters, I have to say though, the first and last acts are literally perfection in my eyes and that's something I rarely see in horror movies.
I hdnt heard of that so looked it up on imdb. Made the mistake of starting to read the first viewer review and BOOM, got a spoiler. My fault but goddayum that gives me the poops.

movies can be okay...
I hdnt heard of that so looked it up on imdb. Made the mistake of starting to read the first viewer review and BOOM, got a spoiler. My fault but goddayum that gives me the poops.
Yikes. Bummer.
I would still recommend watching this though, or at least putting it in your watchlist and waiting until you possibly forget the spoiler ? It's truly a spellbinding experience that I not only suggest to horror buffs, but to moviegoers in general.

It's on my list, Okay. Thnks for the headsup.

Angst is amazing!
I'm so bummed I got the spoiler shoved in my fce.

This might just do nobody any good.
Okay, so I saw a Fast and Furious movie in theatres.

Sneak a bottle in and play a game; drink every time someone says "Family".

You'll die half way but unless you lived for cars crashing and totally heterosexual relationships, you won't miss much.

Fast/Furious 8 - 6/10

I'm so bummed I got the spoiler shoved in my fce.
That does suck, but maybe you'll be able to appreciate it still. It's a really well-made film.

That does suck, but maybe you'll be able to appreciate it still. It's a really well-made film.
Yeah it's for the first kill. You'll know what I mean.

Damnit, the guy didnt even give a spoiler warning. ARGGGGGHHHHHH. One of the many beauties of Mofo is I've never seen that happen here. People have much better netiquette in general.