Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
The Hollow Point (2016)

Sheriff and ex-lawman hunt down Cartel hit man.

Patrick Wilson and Ian McShane were initially enough to sell me on watching this attempt on the modern western noir-type film. Unfortunately, even the both of them were not enough to save this movie from being a lukewarm experience. (Ian McShane really did make the most of the mediocre material though.) It was reminiscent of the steak in The Matrix. All the trappings were there, but I just knew it wasn't real.

P.S. The guns were way too big and unrealistic for LEO's but I liked that.

2.7 green-tip-bullets out of 5

Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf (1966)

This movie is a nerve-wrecking experience. I wouldn't expect less from the director of The Graduate. Elizabeth Taylor is fantastic, I really respect her for the fact that she gained weight for the role instead of looking perfect. I absolutely love the fact that there's barely any music, the movie would most likely lose my interest if it blared "A Streetcar Named Desire Music" everytime something dramatic happened.

My only real problem was Sandy Dennis' attempt at acting like a drunk person which got very silly at times.

This is definitely one of my favourite movies of all time. I can't wait to see the stage play in May!

9/10.

The Fate of the Furious -

I have always been a fan of the franchise, so I feel my opinion may be a little biased, but I try to look at it from a neutral point of view. Mr. Gray has given us all what we expect out of a Fast and the Furious movie, which is fast cars, big explosions, and action packed fight scenes. Yes, they all check out here. However, the movie provided many twists that had all viewers including myself at the edge of their seats. He introduced new styles of how to keep the franchise going and how to keep it just as exciting as the last.

The only thing wrong about what I just said, is that they are in fact expected. It has become redundant, and not many people see that. This is because the details in the plot change, but the foundation of it remains the same. For a while now, the Fast and the Furious franchise has revolved their plots around the foundation of family. Whether someone hurts Dom and his family, disrespects them, or takes them away, this is and has been the basis of the conflict in many recent movies. However, it wasn't always like this.

The first few movies weren't solely revolved around the idea of family, although it was still a strong moral value mentioned on and on by Dom. Through time and time again, I've come to realize that yes, we get it. You just don't mess with Dom or with anyone in his family. A bit tiring. I want to see a movie similar to Tokyo Drift, a spin-off of one of the other characters and how their story meshed with the main plot of the series. This would offer something new, a different perspective, something that can give the franchise a little change of scenery.

This might just do nobody any good.
^ that may become the first FF movie I see in theatres.

I don't know that I've ever gotten such a split reaction for movie. Half the people I know who've seen it tell me it's awesome, the other that it's worthless s***.

The Burning. It's the early 80s, there's a summer camp and lots of teenagers. It's either a sex comedy or a slasher flick. Well, look at the title. Yes, there's a maniac on the loose hunting teenagers and some surprisingly big names in the cast in what must be their first appearance for most of them, including a young Holly Hunter (who has like one line), Fisher Stevens and Seinfeld's Jason Alexander. Yes, George is most definitely getting upset! Passable if unremarkable early 80s horror, mostly of interest for the cast.

movies can be okay...
A War (2015):

I'm not usually into war movies, but this one took me off guard and surprised the hell out of me, it even has children playing their roles perfectly, in fact, every last performance is fantastic. The story isn't cheesy (like most war movies) but realistic and well grounded despite a few plotholes, those are the only barriers that stop me from giving the film a higher rating. Please check this out, there is no way you will come out of it disappointed.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

The Conjuring (2016)

You can't win an argument just by being right!

I dont even know what this movie was trying to be. I just felt the whole thing was a vacuum of pretense and angst.

This movie does not get easier with rewatches. Still has a kick like a mule. Bloody devastating.

I dont even know what this movie was trying to be. I just felt the whole thing was a vacuum of pretense and angst.
yeah, it was all like a genre syncretism. i saw it a month ago but dont remember vy much of it

yeah, it was all like a genre syncretism. i saw it a month ago but dont remember vy much of it
I still dont know what Ford was trying to say.

perhaps he was trying to say nothing
LOL. He hid the message under the colour editing - I've never seen Jake looking so orange. I blame Trump's fake tan.

LOL dont remember the colours ..
Your eyes are probably still bleeding, Nesto.

Maybe it's just because I've watched several heavy hitters in a row. I need something uplifting with likable characters now. I feel like I dunked myself in a sea of despair.

Your eyes are probably still bleeding, Nesto.

Maybe it's just because I've watched several heavy hitters in a row. I need something uplifting with likable characters now. I feel like I dunked myself in a sea of despair.
Could be..
any good Australian romance you can recommend? with pleasant characters that don's swear and kill?

Could be..
any good Australian romance you can recommend? with pleasant characters that don's swear and kill?
The Piano
Greencard
Muriel's Wedding
Not Suitable for Children
Shine
Priscilla Queen of the Desert (might be a few ripe words here and there; I cant remember but it wont be OTT and in your face profanities)

You've probably seen all of those so I'll think of some more while I make a coffee