Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi

Tools    

I know a lot of ppl disliked the JJ Abrams Force Awakens but I dug it. I liked that practical fx were being used a lot and that it was mostly shot on film and captured some of the feel of the OT. This teaser however...seems chock full of CGI and back to Lucas Land post 1997..here we go again? Seems like a rental that someone else pays for..for me lol.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
It's probably nothing special. Like the whisper Rey heard when she found the lightsaber in FA.
Probably not.

When I first saw that scene in TFA, I honestly didn't even hear anything. Then I started to see talk about it online. And when I was talking to this guy about the scene he said that he never even noticed it until the third time he watched it. So I ended up watching the movie with subtitles just so I could really catch it.

But, yeah, it probably isn't anything in particular.

Legend in my own mind
EXCLAMATION POINTS

Opinions seem to be quite mixed, but I love it.

Sick of trailers revealing too much. This keeps a lot of mystery whilst revealing just enough to get me a bit giddy.

This might just do nobody any good.

Opinions seem to be quite mixed, but I love it.
Really? I guess I'm hanging around more cool headed circles, all I've gotten is excitement.

Rogue One only hit stores a week ago, it feels like I can't take a piss without somebody making a star wars film

Welcome to the human race...
Kind of on the fence about the trailer, but at least there's some promising visual stuff going on (mainly thinking of that one shot of the ships kicking up red dust in a white desert).

Not a big time Star Wars fan at all. However Rian Johnson as the director was an inspiring choice. Giving him control on writing the script has me excited to see it. I know it will at least be bolder than the safe as can be Force Awakens.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Legend in my own mind
Really? I guess I'm hanging around more cool headed circles, all I've gotten is excitement.
Yeah, some of my friends used words like "underwhelming". "Boring" etc but I have a some of them have a tendency to be a bit "look at me" and state the opposite opinion just to be different.

Ugh, I am really not looking forward to eight more months of creators being asked questions like "is X going to happen" or "what happens to character Y" that can only truly result in non-answers or lies.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
My Star Wars excitement will begin after Game of Thrones is finished

This might just do nobody any good.
My Star Wars excitement will begin after Game of Thrones is finished
Lol, I think I'm following suit.

Similarly I've mentioned to some friends that I try not fan-boy too much for the spin-offs and hold it in until the official trilogy.

I have my concerns not about the Stand Alone films but more or less but Episodes 8 and 9 when I heard there was no finished script already done for 8 and 9 till Force Awakens was done. In my opinion they should have had all things figured out when decided too do Force Awakens. Im not liking Luke being shaken and beat down. I liked the Legends Star Wars books and changing Jaina and Anakin Solo not being born and switching Ben for Jaycen Solo character type just is my one major dislike for the movie for starters. Like Reys character but am just concerned that there messing up a 1000 years of Jedi tradition here and honestly there should always be Sith and Jedi its kinda what Star Wars is. Gray Jedi makes my eyes roll.

Kind of on the fence about the trailer, but at least there's some promising visual stuff going on (mainly thinking of that one shot of the ships kicking up red dust in a white desert).
I liked that as well. Very unusual – which is nice to see in any science fiction.

Yeah, I daresay they're going to come up with some all-new settings after the complaints about how the ones in TFA looked too familiar.

I have no problem with the look of the movie but hate night scene's by some directors who sometimes go too dark and you cant make out what you are seeing. Now Peter Jackson and The Pirates Of The Caribbean and Potter films did good jobs with lighting scenes in movies to taking place at night.