NBA

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The #1 target appears to be Paul George.
I was going to say that. It's probably best they didn't trade for him, since the salary cap is going up to at least 105 million.

Why not trade for him?
They'd have to lose some key guys.. If they wait for the summer, they can sign him as a free agent, and not have to give anyone up, just like with Al Horford.. And after this year, they are become very attractive, tied with the champs.

They'd have to lose some key guys.. If they wait for the summer, they can sign him as a free agent, and not have to give anyone up, just like with Al Horford.. And after this year, they are become very attractive, tied with the champs.
I'm pretty sure he's not a free agent this coming offseason. They wouldn't have to give up much off their roster with their draft picks that are likely to be top 3 the next two years courtesy of the Nets.

I'm pretty sure he's not a free agent this coming offseason. They wouldn't have to give up much off their roster with their draft picks that are likely to be top 3 the next two years courtesy of the Nets.
Maybe he's not, my computer is going too slow to check.. The only thing with Paul George is the history of injuries, but the Celtics future is looking bright.

Who do you guys think should be MVP then: Westbrook or Harden? I'd go with Westbrook, i get the arguments against him but averaging a triple double while finishing as top scorer and leading a team that just lost Durant and Ibaka to 6th Place in the stacked West and 45-47 wins is insane.

I know some of you particularly Matt would most likely go for someone else: Leonard or James i'm guessing but it seems certain it's going to be one of those two.

The West Playoffs are basically set in stone now the only thing that can change is that the Jazz and Clippers can switch places but they'd still play each other. The East looks like it will go to the last game. So the matches are:

Warriors vs Trailblazers
Spurs vs Grizzlies
Rockets vs Thunder
Jazz vs Clippers

My guesses:

Warriors in 4
Spurs in 5
Thunder in 7
Jazz in 6

Warriors over Jazz in 5
Spurs over Thunder in 4

Warriors over Spurs in 7

Let the night air cool you off
I think it would be an historical travesty not to give the MVP to Westbrook.

Warriors vs Trailblazers
Spurs vs Grizzlies
Rockets vs Thunder
Jazz vs Clippers

Warriors in 4
Spurs in 5
Rockets in 6
Jazz in 6

Warriors over Jazz in 4
Spurs over Rockets in 5

Warriors over Spurs in 6

Yeah i agree on Westbrook. Think he's probably clinched it with the 57 point game as well as beating Oscars Triple Doubles in a season. There's still that little part of me that is thinking his teams standing will hurt him because i'm pretty sure it has never or at least just about never went to a player on a 6th Seed Team.

And yeah i think your guesses are probably more likely than mine, well they are the same except Rockets-Thunder. I dunno why though i've got a feeling Thunder will get out of the first round before dying against the Spurs.

Let the night air cool you off
It would be nice to see the Thunder get past the Rockets, but there is no way the Thunder can stop Houston's offense. I think those games will be very high scoring, but probably not all that enjoyable. I think when Westbrook goes to the bench, the Thunder's second unit will not put the points on the board needed to keep up. I think the Thunder win one at home, maybe two, but probably already being down 2 or 3 games. Russell will play the entire game and will the team to a victory, but it will be an emotional last gasp.

I am kind wishy-washy on my Jazz over Clippers pick, but I haven't really seen much of either team this year. My interest in basketball this year didn't really pick all the way up until the all-star break. I wanted to see the Kevin and Russell saga unfold like everybody else. Since then, I've really enjoyed watching the Thunder play. Some of their glaring flaws made it hard to watch at times, but when Russell is dropping 50 it's always a good time.

The 4/5 is usually the best... Gobert vs. Deandre will be nice (who can protect the rim best)... The only thing I ask for this playoffs are no injuries... I can see the Jazz winning, and if they do, who knows what CP3, Blake, Reddick do (free agents). I also think the Rockets won't be able to stop Westbrook, unless they double team him as soon as he crosses half court, or even before. It would be similar to what a team (I forgot) did against the Bulls, with Derrick Rose..

Wow didn't know both Paul and Blake are free agents. Blake is a great player but i always forget he exists because the Clippers are so meh, even when they were kinda great they were meh. Which big team or on the border of becoming a big team could really use a power forward like Blake? I hope it is someone on the East (not the Cavs obviously) who gets him if he does leave because it's depressingly bad and i could see Blake making another contender.

Do any of you like Mike Korzemba? I just started watching a few of his videos two days ago; dude is really loud but i think he knows his stuff and he's passionate which is the most important thing for me; he is intense at times, he is what i imagine Matt is like except Matt's channel would be solely devote to defence haha.

Also this might be the best NBA highlight video i've ever seen:

Why is that guy not a commentator? Dude is so absurdly passionate.

Is that you, Camo?

I do believe in defense first. If you look at the championship team every year, they are either the #1 or #2 in defense. My wish is to get players who play on both ends, but if a guy can play only one end, I'll take the defensive player.

Boston has the #1 seed, but I don't think they can beat Lebron, though Jae can defend.

Here are my full predictions since The East is sorted now. I really don't know some of the East teams well so i may be way off:

West:

Warriors over Trailblazers in 4
Spurs over Grizzlies in 5
Thunder over Rockets in 7
Jazz over Clippers in 6

Warriors over Jazz in 5
Spurs over Thunder in 4

Warriors over Spurs in 7

East:

Celtics over Bulls in 6
Washington over Atlanta in 6
Toronto over Milwaukee in 7
Cleveland over Indiana in 6 (mostly going off that Pacers v Cavs video i posted i think they'll do pretty well but still ultimately lose)

Washington over Celtics in 6 (obviously hope i'm wrong but Washington is the team i've seen most after the Celtics in the East this year and i have a feeling they'll beat us)
Cleveland over Toronto in 5

Cleveland over Washington in 5

Finals:

Hope i'm wrong as i really don't want Cavs-Warriors for the third year in a row, i'd also not want the Spurs instead of the Warriors. Hopefully one of those three don't make it but i doubt it.

Warriors over Cavs in 5

Steph gets Finals MVP

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Kidd makes me scratch my head sometimes. Giannis is definitely great, and I think Maker and Brogdon will be really good eventually. But Teletovic and Delly stink.

Plus, Parker is our second best player and he's out. Still would be nice to see an upset.

Kidd makes me scratch my head sometimes. Giannis is definitely great, and I think Maker and Brogdon will be really good eventually. But Teletovic and Delly stink.

Plus, Parker is our second best player and he's out. Still would be nice to see an upset.
I think Brogdon will be very good but i don't think he'll be great like i expect Giannis to be. He is 24, i found that out the other day and was baffled since it is his rookie season. I still don't really understand it. David Robinson was a rookie at that age but he was in the Navy. Brogdon both did his 4 years in an era where that is becoming very rare for very good players and i think he was like a year older than his teammates. Weird.