Better Call Saul...whatcha think?

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I'm strongly anti-Chuck and I could only hate him even more after that. I used to pity him a bit but, with all these new developments, I find myself despising him.
I can see both PoVs but oh god, that was a tough watch.

I can see both PoVs but oh god, that was a tough watch.
I can see Chuck's POV to an extent but not much--Jimmy only ever looked up to Chuck and took care of him for over a year. All those grocery runs. All those sacks of ice. All those gas canisters...Chuck is an ungrateful SOB in my personal view.

I can see Chuck's POV to an extent but not much--Jimmy only ever looked up to Chuck and took care of him for over a year. All those grocery runs. All those sacks of ice. All those gas canisters...Chuck is an ungrateful SOB in my personal view.
He is a SoB but I still empathise with him. It's why I love the show so much - I can watch both of them, see the conflict, and feel bad they're like two lonely islands just out of touch.

Dog dmnit I;m so poetic today. Need more tea.

Brian on BCS set apparently. Looking pretty trim

I liked the slower pace of the first season. Looking forward to checking out S2 now that it's on NF.
I loved season 1 but loved 2 even more. Have fun. Are you going to binge so you're ready for 301 as it airs, Joel? counting down to 10th april.

Less than two weeks until Season Three! Wooooo-hooooooo!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Less than two weeks until Season Three! Wooooo-hooooooo!
I'm going backwards through the breaking bad thread and one mofo said he/she is so nervous watching the show; it's giving them ulcers. That's how I feel waiting for BCS. Bring on the montages that drive some people insane. ehehehe

I didn't enjoy it.
It's a very divisive show for sure. Doesnt seem to be much middle ground there, Opt. It really is a love it or not show.

I loved season 1 but loved 2 even more. Have fun. Are you going to binge so you're ready for 301 as it airs, Joel? counting down to 10th april.
I will indeed binge. April 10th Netflix will have season 3? So soon? Or did I misunderstand?

That's AMC's air date. I dont know about netflix.

I will indeed binge. April 10th Netflix will have season 3? So soon? Or did I misunderstand?
Netflix won't get season 3 then, that's when it starts airing. I started season 2 Monday night. I continue to be amazed at how good this show is, so well written. I was very pessimistic about a BB spin-off but they have kicked my pessimism in the ass. Can't wait for season 3, glad I will be caught up.

Netflix won't get season 3 then, that's when it starts airing. I started season 2 Monday night. I continue to be amazed at how good this show is, so well written. I was very pessimistic about a BB spin-off but they have kicked my pessimism in the ass. Can't wait for season 3, glad I will be caught up.
What's great about it is the fact that they didn't make it another Breaking Bad. It's not Breaking Bad 2.0--this is a show that stands on its own and could be enjoyed by a newcomer on its own merits as well. It's a lighter take on Breaking Bad characters and is superior to Breaking Bad, if I must be so bold to say.

Oh, OK. Gotcha. I'll binge S2 then wait again. How does season 2 start as far as recap? I havent seen BCS in many months. Might hafta catch the last episode of S1 again to remember what's happening. I'm glad "cuz" from Beverly Hills Cop is in this prominently (Jonathan Banks).

Wasnt there some talk of Cranston directing an ep, dt? That was my first thought when I saw that photo up above.

Oh, OK. Gotcha. I'll binge S2 then wait again. How does season 2 start as far as recap? .
As far as the opening scene? B&W of Gene again. I think they'll all be of Gene.

Wasnt there some talk of Cranston directing an ep, dt? That was my first thought when I saw that photo up above.
I believe that is correct, yes.

As far as the opening scene? B&W of Gene again. I think they'll all be of Gene.
They should be. It's become an established framing sequence of this prequel series and it would be downright jarring if they were to suddenly drop them. Gilligan originally wanted to drop those scenes from future seasons from what I've read in the past but Gould insisted upon them. In this instance, Gilligan was wrong for a change. Gould has the right idea on this aspect--the framing sequences are necessary. Plus, these all need to lead to something. The story must end in the present.