IMDB Alumni, post here!

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I always think of a lamb roast when I see his name.

Does he even lift?
Only our spirits, Dani.

Pass the mint sauce and gravy.

I always think of a lamb roast when I see his name.
Wow, TJ is absent and missing "TJlamb Praise Day". He's silent. Silence...of the TJLambs.

Wow, TJ is absent and missing "TJlamb Praise Day". He's silent. Silence...of the TJLambs.
I'm pretty sure he's lying down on Broadway.

Never mind. I'll let myself out...

MC for the Great Underground Circus
A common mistake. It's spelled "Raymond Luxury Yacht", but it's pronounced "Throat Wobbler Mangrove".

And this is the last time I'm actually doing the joke....

IMDB in a nutshell:

. my IMDB is geofrey / lousyspoon / hatersmasher / BatmanisGod / DarthManlyMan / EyeWillKillYou [plus other 50 sock accounts]
. 11111llllollllzzzz11111
. Retard
. You are a hater and I hate you.
. thiz iz, like, a masterpiece
. thiz movie iz ahead of itz time
. "You don't get it"
. Your movie list is da worzt, evah
. I will find where you live and I will kill you
. Your thread made me cry, I have to report it
. your post made me cry. I have to report it
. Your avatar made me cry. I have to report it
. Why don't you go spread your hate to the X board
. If you don't like this movie why are you here

The problem was replying to any of it in the first place. When attention-seeking, tantrum-throwing brats don't get the attention they want, they'll go elsewhere. Annoying af, but hey, there was always the ignore button!

I've been on IMDb for 15 years (half of my life), I am still heartbroken but I gotta admit that the number of trolls who recently invaded the boards there was making it harder to discuss any movie seriously! Most of the good movies were spammed with dumb posts like "this movie is overrated" or "underrated" and people trying to force their own opinion instead of getting a life and leave the boards as a place of discussing the movie and over analyzing it

The problem was replying to any of it in the first place. When attention-seeking, tantrum-throwing brats don't get the attention they want, they'll go elsewhere. Annoying af, but hey, there was always the ignore button!
The hilarious tidbit:

- watching the same a-hole with multiple accounts making a thread and talking to himself

The annoying tidbits:

- you ignore the troll. He uses another account
- you ign0re the troll again. He uses yet another account and fills your Message Box

The sensible thing to do:

- post all PMs the idiot sent you on the boards
- Watch him say he never did it
- Have fun with him.

I've been on IMDb for 15 years (half of my life), I am still heartbroken but I gotta admit that the number of trolls who recently invaded the boards there was making it harder to discuss any movie seriously! Most of the good movies were spammed with dumb posts like "this movie is overrated" or "underrated" and people trying to force their own opinion instead of getting a life and leave the boards as a place of discussing the movie and over analyzing it
I like you! I also like your avatar so that's a double like!!)

yeah the worst of the mischief trolls (as opposed to malicious trolls) were swarms who would start a thread, delete the OP, and do it over and over until the first couple of pages were just filled with empty threads. They would fly in, decimate a board like a swarm of locusts, then fly to their next target.

The hilarious tidbit:

- watching the same a-hole with multiple accounts making a thread and talking to himself

The annoying tidbits:

- you ign0re the troll again. He uses yet another account and fills your Message Box

- Have fun with him.
I used to get that. Ignore a troll so he'd bring in his socks and talk to himself like i wasn't in the room.

I also got the - ignore a troll so they get their socks to bombard my PM box with filthy messages. It.s the only time I post a PM on a board. I don't report them; I out them.

The hilarious tidbit:

The annoying tidbits:

- Have fun with him.
Yep. I don't tolerate PM box harassment. I posted every harassing PM I ever received directly on the board and it works WONDERS. Seriously--it's the ultimate cure-all for getting a moron to stop spamming your inbox.

I used to get that. Ignore a troll so he'd bring in his socks and talk to himself like i wasn't in the room.

I also got the - ignore a troll so they get their socks to bombard my PM box with filthy messages. It.s the only time I post a PM on a board. I don't report them; I out them.
Outing their PM's is the only way to go. I've used it EVERY time someone sent me harassing PM's and it INSTANTLY makes them stop PM'ing you. This trick has NEVER failed.

The hilarious tidbit:

The annoying tidbits:

- Have fun with him.

Oh the ones talking to themselves I've seen in a worse incarnation, namely Twitter "RP" accounts that make a "mate" for themselves and cyberscrew "each other" in public. IMDB was often awfully pathetic, but the RP self-fake-fornicators take the human facepalm to whole new levels.

As for the trolls in inboxes, creating multpiple accs to invade your PMs - you should have just used the mobile app. It doesn't even let you SEE your inbox! So IMDB's refusal to keep their app up to date would have been your saviour - but then you'd have missed my casual sexual harrassment, so there's that....

Yep. I don't tolerate PM box harassment. I posted every harassing PM I ever received directly on the board and it works WONDERS. Seriously--it's the ultimate cure-all for getting a moron to stop spamming your inbox.
Don't you just love how fast the idiots bite their own asses?

Don't you just love how fast the idiots bite their own asses?
This is why you don't harass people on the internet.

It's funny--they act as if they expect you to argue with them in the PM folders and then act shocked if you post it on the board...as if they never considered the possibility that you might do that.
Only a coward would post a threat within a private message. You can tell that they're afraid to make their threats known to the board as they vanish EVERY time you out their PM like that.
Moral of the story here? Don't threaten people.

Oh the ones talking to themselves I've seen in a worse incarnation, namely Twitter "RP" accounts that make a "mate" for themselves and cyberscrew "each other" in public. IMDB was often awfully pathetic, but the RP self-fake-fornicators take the human facepalm to whole new levels.

As for the trolls in inboxes, creating multpiple accs to invade your PMs - you should have just used the mobile app. It doesn't even let you SEE your inbox! So IMDB's refusal to keep their app up to date would have been your saviour - but then you'd have missed my casual sexual harrassment, so there's that....
the imdb app was atrocious. I never bothered with it. The app here is so much better.

I became friends with a guy over there I initially had a huge fight with over something unrelated to cyber fornicating. He used to stir up one old guy going from board to board. They were quite a famous sparring pair. Young guy would get his female socks to cyber fornicate just to upset the old guy. Once i realised what was going on i found it quite hilarious, because the older guy was obviously stalking him all over imdb. Young guy would go to a board like...finding Nemo and say it was great fun. Older guy would be there within minutes calling him a troll, so the girl socks would come in. You could set your watch by it.

This is why you don't harass people on the internet.

It's funny--they act as if they expect you to argue with them in the PM folders and then act shocked if you post it on the board...as if they never considered the possibility that you might do that.
Only a coward would post a threat within a private message. You can tell that they're afraid to make their threats known to the board as they vanish EVERY time you out their PM like that.
Moral of the story here? Don't threaten people.
I've posts quite a few on boards. The usual response "PROVE IT!". I say, "sure, here ya go little buddy", and attach the screenshot of their PM I uploaded just moments ago. What follows is always worthy of a laugh.