Movies and the A/Effect on You?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I think for any movie fan who'd stretch out to go on a movie board is probably affected by movies in general, but how much? Did a movie ever inspire you to do something, or make an important decision? Positive or negative?

If you watch a caper, are you feeling paranoid?

If you see a story about exploitation, do you ever get so angry you want to raise hell?

If you watch prison movies, how confined do you feel? I know some who can't watch certain things because of the effect.

I imagine some movies may change politics or how things are in your own life.

Once a movie is done, is it easy to start a new task without thinking of the movie you just saw? Residual feelings? Sleepless nights?

The answer is yes to me. Also, I notice I never ever cry. But once in a while, I will definitely tear up when I watch an emotional movie, and I like it. I won't watch a movie right before bed because I am affected (by everything it seems) and try to have it complete by 7-8pm.

(Please feel free to stray away if you have anything to add, or if you have other similar questions)

Legend in my own mind
I think films should always make us feel something.

So many films have influenced me over the years in various ways and to various degrees,

'The Breakfast club' inspired me to be myself and not be defined by others.

Rocky was always a source of inspiration in terms of the fact that "His whole life was a million to one shot"

The Goonies and Stand by me (among others) helped me value the friends that I had and to really cherish the adventures that we had as kids.

As I got older 'Schindler's list' 'The Blind side', 'The Lego movie', 'Amazing Grace', 'Pay it forward', 'Coach carter' 'The passion of the Christ', '12 years a slave', 'Hacksaw Ridge', 'Hidden Figures' and many others have inspired me to seek to be a better person and look at what I can do to make the world a better place and show others value.

Sometimes a film is about escapism but often it teaches me about me and inspires me to be more.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Out of Africa and Gorillas in the Mist inspired me to go to Africa, Safari like hell, and meet the Mountain Gorillas. Martial arts movies when I was a kid inspired me to take up martial arts in adulthood. K2 and various mountaineering movies inspired me to get into high altitude mountaineering. Taken 2 inspired me to stab with a kebab whoever decided Istanbul is like that. Motorcycle Diaries has inspired me to go back to South America a few times. Good Morning Vietnam and MASH got me to Vietnam and Korea. iditarod docos make me want to go to Alaska.

Out of Africa and Gorillas in the Mist inspired me to go to Africa, Safari like hell, and meet the Mountain Gorillas. Martial arts movies when I was a kid inspired me to take up martial arts in adulthood. K2 and various mountaineering movies inspired me to get into high altitude mountaineering. Taken 2 inspired me to stab with a kebab whoever decided Istanbul is like that. Motorcycle Diaries has inspired me to go back to South America a few times. Good Morning Vietnam and MASH got me to Vietnam and Korea. iditarod docos make me want to go to Alaska.
So who did you stab?

You can't win an argument just by being right!
LOL. I've never stabbed anyone. No one is getting my kebab next time I'm in Istanbul.

LOL. I've never stabbed anyone. No one is getting my kebab next time I'm in Istanbul.
LOL. I know... Whenever I'm in The Netherlands or Germany, I eat doner kabobs every single day. Even in Greece (souflage) or in Hungary, which probably strays the most, lots of added salt and spices (probably the stuff they put into goulash).

Movies like 12 Years a Slave and Mississippi Burning left me feeling angry, any movie about the exploitation and savage treatment of minorities really gets to me.

The movie that really affected me though and got me thinking for days after was The Boy in The Striped Pyjamas, I knew the general theme before watching it but I wasn't expecting the ending and was deeply shocked by it and was left deep in thought about the whole theme of the movie.

“I was cured, all right!”
Well, Jackie Chan movies makes me want to learn how to fight.
The Matrix inspired me to search about Cyberpunk and Philosophy.
Mean Streets and Pulp Fiction inspired me to write my own stories.
Basic Instinct... well...

“I was cured, all right!”
Memories of Murder
This movies makes me feel frustrated as hell. It was a strange feeling.
There are a lot of mix feelings in a lot of movies. I always let me go in a trip with the characters, for example, after HOPE, I was sad for the rest of the night. There's movies that stay with me like Oldboy (Oh God that ending).
Recently, with Lynch's films I was in a complete state of meditation after the movies (Lost Highway and Mulholland Dr.).

Memories of Murder
This movies makes me feel frustrated as hell. It was a strange feeling.
There are a lot of mix feelings in a lot of movies. I always let me go in a trip with the characters, for example, after HOPE, I was sad for the rest of the night. There's movies that stay with me like Oldboy (Oh God that ending).
Recently, with Lynch's films I was in a complete state of meditation after the movies (Lost Highway and Mulholland Dr.).
Which version of "Oldboy"? -- I hear the English version with Josh Brolin is NOT the good version.

Movies are my life. My love for them will NEVER diminish. The reason I value them so much is that they allow me to escape from reality for some time. I often find my real life routine and mundane but through movies I get to feel so many things and go to so many places! Moreover, most of what I've learned about life in general is from movies. My personality and character is to a large extent formed from the lessons I've learned from the countless movies I've watched.

PS I got really emotional while writing this.