Camo's Animated Show Reviews

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
I know you love The Simpsons and South Park, but how would your top ten animated tv shows list look like? I interested in how you rank The Simpsons. Do you do it as the peak of the show, the overall quality of the 278 seasons, or a happy medium? I struggle with that myself when trying to rank stuff.

I know you love The Simpsons and South Park, but how would your top ten animated tv shows list look like? I interested in how you rank The Simpsons. Do you do it as the peak of the show, the overall quality of the 278 seasons, or a happy medium? I struggle with that myself when trying to rank stuff.
My top ten animated shows would have to take into account the fact that Simpsons would be #2 if i was counting the first 10 Seasons but it's lower since i've seen so much of the bad ones. I know that's not very fair since very few if any shows have 10 great seasons but i now look at The Simpsons as a show that has alot more bad episodes than good which is probably my own fault for sticking with it for so long; and even trying an ep or two a season now out of curiousity. So yeah, overall i rank it, the way i think of it is that if i have to pretend that 18/28 Seasons don't exist to call it a great show then there's a problem. I'm fine with anyone just counting the good seasons though.

My top ten Animated Shows:

01.South Park - Seasons 3-13 for the most part are fantastic, 1 i have alot of nostalgia for even though it isn't great and i can understand people not wanting to continue if they start there. 14-17 have quite a few great eps and while not always great at least every episode makes me laugh. 18-20 have been disappointing, i don't think the ongoing story structure suits South Park and i hope they drop it or finish the show soon; still enjoy them though. I'm definitely alot more genorous with SP than practically anyone though, i love alot of hated episodes. South Park is my third favourite show after The Sopranos and Mad Men and just ahead of The Wire; the four of those are miles above everything else for me.
02.Batman: The Animated Series - This was falling down my favourites until i watched a few of my favourite episodes around christmas and reminded myself why i love it so much. Powerful, biting social commentary and hilarious at times. Kind of a perfect show.
03.Hajime No Ippo - My favourite Anime. Cheesy at times no doubt and some of the fights can get repetitive but again i find it really powerful and the fights exhausting in a really good way especially when you realize that he can/does lose. I don't feel for most of my favourite characters anywhere near as much as i do Ippo and Takamura is the best Anime Character.
04.The Simpsons - Think it'd be unfair having it lower.
05.Rick and Morty - May be a bit premature but i've found this hilarious and devestating at times so far.
06.King of the Hill - Used to just think this was boring as a kid without having really watched it and would turn the channel when it came on. Regret it now; hilarious show and mostly from simpsons-esque character based humour. Btw, i know this is one of your favourite shows. Did you know that the co-creator Greg Daniels was being groomed to take over as showrunner of The Simpsons for Seasons 9 and 10 and instead left to make King of the Hill? Alot of people blame the person who took over instead Mike Scully for the decline; personally i think he played a part in it but i think it was inevitable. Greg Daniels wrote Bart Sells His Soul which i had top of my Season 7 ranking that i just posted and would be in my overall top five.
07.Death Note - Got alot of problems particularly after it leaves the Manga but was amazing at one point.
08.Bob's Burgers - We've discussed the show before.
09.Home Movies
10.Futurama

Couldn't be bothered posting about those last two haha. This isn't including stuff like Looney Tunes of course.

Also i caught some of a top 20 ep of The Simpsons the other day: Home Sweet-Homediddilydumdoodily . It's the episode that Homer convinces Marge to treat herself for once and go to a spa with him and that just so happens to be the day that Bart and Lisa fall victim to various unlucky incidents which leads people to believe that they are being neglected and they end up being fostered by the Flanders Family.

One of the funniest parts on the show i couldn't stop laughing; Flanders is playing a Bible Trivia game and everyone except Bart and Lisa (including Maggie somehow) have got at least one answer right. He asks a question i don't remember the clues but the answer is obviously the devil/satan/lucifer/whatever and Bart to shut him up nervously says "uh...Jesus?". Flanders completely exasperated responds with "J..Je...Jesus?". It's the delivery and the animation and just how well the joke connects with Flanders character since he is pretty much the most delightful man you could ever meet yet he can barely control himself over something as small as a kid not knowing answers to the bible. Best joke

Nice list. I didn't know the thing about Daniels being groomed to take over The Simpsons. Makes me wonder what would have been had he done that instead of King of the Hill. I am happy with how it turned out, because King of the Hill is my favorite animated show.

I have a mixed bag relationship with South Park and The Simpsons. I haven't watched enough South Park, as it was a show that I would watch if it was on but wouldn't seek out. The Simpsons, I've seen at least four or five full seasons, and a smattering of episodes here or there. Unfortunately, by the time I was at the age where I cared that much about "adult" shows The Simpsons wasn't very cool anymore. At that point, I preferred to watch South Park. I didn't really watch all that much tv when I was younger. I spent more time playing Grand Theft Auto. It wasn't until I was a little older that I really got into King of the Hill, but I always had a soft spot for it because of the setting.

Hajime no Ippo is one I watched directly because of you. I loved it. It was a whole bunch of fun, and like you, I did end up caring for the main dude. I don't know if it would be on my top ten, but it is great.

Rick and Morty is very funny. I love Batman. I absolutely adore Bob's Burgers. I don't know if I've seen a single episode of Home Movies or Death Note. Futurama is another one where I've seen just a little bit of, maybe an episode here or there if it was on.

My list based on how I feel right now:

1. King of the Hill
2. Bob's Burgers
3. The Venture Bros.
4. Batman: The Animated Series
5. Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
6. Cowboy Bebop
7. Tom Goes to the Mayor
8. Rick and Morty
9. Hajime no ippo
10. The Simpsons [I would feel bad if I left it off, but I would feel bad if I had it much higher.]

In a year this list will be massively different.

The ones i didn't have on my list:

Venture Bros: Honestly i don't know why this isn't quite a top ten for me. It's hilarious and it's story while purposefully absurd is extremely interesting. Think i may have burnt myself out on it if you know what i mean as i watched it all in a very short time when i first discovered it to the point that i just didn't want to see anymore. Think if i give it a good while and watch it again i'll love it as much as i initially did. Very good creative show, understand why you have it so high.

Aaahh!!! Real Monsters - Did you watch and love this as a kid? I'm asking because this was practically the only big 90's/early 2000's Nick show i didn't see as a kid and when i tried it as an adult i could see the appeal but it wasn't something i could see myself loving now. Ed, Edd and Eddy and Powerpuff Girls are two kids shows i can still enjoy as an adult but i doubt that if i hadn't seen them at an early age.

Cowboy Bebop - Not watched any of it, i know i really have to and i've been planning to just don't watch much tv nevermind anime anymore.

Tom Goes to the Mayor - I hadn't even heard of this until you told me it was what your old avatar was from. Still don't really know what it's about, i'll try it.

Home Movies is amazing in my opinion. I think i've told you what i think of it before but rather than add a bunch of caveats to it, i'd just rather see what you think of it if you ever try it. There's some problems animation being a big one but i loved it from the first episode pretty much and it is great throughout. It was made by the dude that made Bob's Burgers and H.Jon Benjamin is the voice of one of the best characters.

A few others: One Punch Man, Space Ghost: Coast To Coast, Gravity Falls. Probably more.

I liked Monsters when I was a kid, but I hated that I had no idea how tv schedules worked so I only saw episodes once in a blue moon. So when I was a little older, I got my hands on it and loved it. It was really satisfying to be so intrigued by something for so long and then it matched expectations. I know shows aimed for children can be hit or miss for most people, so I get it.

Tom Goes to the Mayor is really weird. If you don't like the first episode, don't continue. You will hate it if you aren't into it. The same goes for everything else Tim & Eric have done. It just so happens that I enjoy most of their weirdness.

Eventually I plan on getting to Home Movies, and the animation probably won't bother me too much. I don't need the animation to be great if other aspects are great.

I am surprised you haven't mentioned Archer yet. I seem to recall it being on your overall tv list somewhere. I tried it a couple of different times and couldn't get into it, but I am not ready to give up on it yet.

I considered putting One Punch Man on my top ten. I probably should have, I really enjoyed it.

I am in the process of watching Space Ghost Coast to Coast right now. I've only seen six episodes of it, but I am falling for it big time. It seems so ahead of its time.

I've seen parts of episodes of Gravity Falls, but never a full 'sode. I think I'd like it. I watched about 15 minutes of an episode one time because I noticed Kristen Schaal's voice. I liked it, just never went back.

Since JJ was interested in my rankings, i ranked the first 10 Seasons of The Simpsons. I'd need to rewatch everything which i'm not doing to be 100% obviously but i know all of these episodes well and these feel pretty right at least in tiers; as in the top five are definitely my top five of the season then the next 7 or whatever. The only episode looking over everything i really don't remember well is: They Saved Lisa's Brain from Season 10, don't know why that is, i just kind of placed that somewhere so ignore that episode. So other than that episode if anyone is wondering why an episode is so low/high please feel free to ask as i should have some sort of explanation. I know this is really pointless but JJ was interested and hopefully it will maybe start some discussion in this thread if someone objects to one of my rankings.

Season 1 (9th Best Season):

01.Life on the Fast Lane
02.Moaning Lisa
03.Krusty Gets Busted
04.Bart The General
05.The Crepes of Wrath
06.Some Enchanted Evening
07.Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire
08.There's No Disgrace Like Home
09.The Telltale Head
10.The Call of the Simpsons
11.Bart The Genius
12.Homer's Oddysey
13.Homers Night Out

Season 2 (5th Best Season):

01.Lisa's Substitute
02.Simpson and Delilah
03.The Way We Was
04.Itchy and Scratchy and Marge
05.Three Men and a Comic Book
06.Treehouse of Horror
07.Two Cars in Every Garage and Three Eyes On Every Fish
08.Principal Charming
09.Bart Gets Hit By A Car
10.One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Bluefish
11.Bart vs Thanksgiving
12.Homer vs Lisa and The Eighth Commandment
13.Oh Brother Where Art Thou?
14.Blood Feud
15.Bart Gets An F
16.Dead Putting Society
17.Old Money
18.Brush With Greatness
19.Barts Dog Gets an F
20.Bart The Daredevil
21.Dancin' Homer
22.The War of the Simpsons

Season 3 (6th Best Season):

01.Flaming Moe's
02.Homer Alone
03.Bart The Murderer
04.Bart The Lover
05.Lisa The Greek
06.Black Widower
07.Separate Vocations
08.Homer At The Bat
09.Radio Bart
10.Barts Friend Falls In Love
11.I Married Marge
12.Dog of Death
13.Burns Verkaufen Der Kraftwerk
14.Colonel Homer
15.Stark Raving Dad
16.Brother, Can You Spare Two Dimes?
17.Lisa's Pony
18.When Flanders Failed
19.Treehouse of Horror II
20.Saturdays of Thunder
21.Mr Lisa Goes To Washington
22.Like Father, Like Clown
23.The Otto Show
24.Homer Defined

Season 4 (Best Season):

01.Homer The Heretic
02.Marge vs the Monorail
03.Lisa's First Word
04.Duffless
05.Homer's Triple Bypass
06.Last Exit To Springfield
07.Itchy and Scratchy: The Movie
08.I Love Lisa
09.New Kid on the Block
10.A Streetcar Named Marge
11.Mr. Plow
12.Marge In Chains
13.Selma's Choice
14.Lisa The Beauty Queen
15.Treehouse of Horror III
16.The Front
17.Brother From The Same Planet
18.Kamp Krusty
19.Whacking Day
20.Krusty Gets Kancelled
21.Marge Gets A Job
22.So it's Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show

Season 5 (4th Best Season):

01.The Boy Who Knew Too Much
02.Treehouse of Horror IV
03.Secrets of a Successful Mariage
04.Rosebud
05.The Last Temptation of Homer
06.Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song
07.Cape Feare
08.Deep Space Homer
09.Homer The Vigilante
10.Homer Loves Flanders
11.$pringfield
12.Homers Barbershop Quartet
13.Burns Heir
14.Homer Goes To College
15.Lisa vs Malibu Stacy
16.Marge on the Lam
17.Homer and Apu
18.Bart Gets an Elephant
19.Boy Scouts N The Hood
20.Bart Gets Famous
21.Barts Inner Child
22.Lady Bouvier's Lover

Season 6 (2nd Best Season):

01.Lemon of Troy
02.Homer Badman
03.Who Shot Mr Burns? Part One
04.Homer The Great
05.Bart of Darkness
06.Treehouse of Horror V
07.Sideshow Bob Roberts
08.Barts Girlfriend
09.Itchy and Scratchy Land
10.Lisa's Rival
11.And Maggie Makes Three
12.The Springfield Connection
13.Homer vs Patty and Selma
14.Lisa on Ice
15.Homie The Clown
16.Grandpa vs Sexual Inadequacy
17.Lisa's Wedding
18.Bart's Comet
19.A Star is Burns
20.The PTA Disbands
21.Fear of Flying
22.Round Springfield
23.Two Dozen and One Greyhounds
24.Bart Vs Australia
25.Another Simpsons Clip Show

Season 7 (3rd Best Season):

01.Bart Sells His Soul
02.Summer of 4 Ft. 2
03.Who Shot Mr Burns? Part Two
04.Home Sweet Home-Diddilydumdoodily
05.Bart on the Road
06.Raging Abe Simpson and His Grumbling Grandson in the Curse of the Flying Hellfish
07.Homer The Smithers
08.Treehouse of Horror VI
09.Lisa The Iconoclast
10.Mother Simpson
11.Marge Be Not Proud
12.138th Episode Spectacular
13.Team Homer
14.22 Short Films About Springfield
15.A Fish Called Selma
16.King-Size Homer
17.Much Apu About Nothing
18.Bart The Fink
19.The Day The Violence Died
20.Scenes From The Class Struggle In Springfield
21.Radioactive Man
22.Two Bad Neighbours
23.Lisa The Vegetarian
24.Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming
25.Homerpalooza

Season 8 (7th Best Season):

01.El Viaje Misterioso Nuestro de Jomer (The Mysterious Voyage of Homer)
02.The Springfield Files
03.Homer's Enemy
04.You Only Move Twice
05.A Milhouse Divided
06.Homer's Phobia
07.The Itchy and Scratchy and Poochie Show
08.Treehouse of Horror VII
09.Mountain of Madness
10.Homer vs The Eighteenth Ammendment
11.Burns, Baby Burns
12.Brother From Another Series
13.Hurricane Neddy
14.My Sister, My Sitter
15.Lisa's Date With Density
16.Grade School Confidential
17.The Simpsons Spinoff Showcase
18.The Homer They Fall
19.The Old Man and the Lisa
20.The Secret War of Lisa Simpson
21.The Twisted World of Marge Simpson
22.SimpsoncalifragilisticexpialaD'ohcious
23.In Marge We Trust
24.The Canine Mutiny
25.Bart After Dark

Season 9 (8th Best Season):

01.The Cartridge Family
02.Girly Edition
03.Lisa's Sax
04.Lisa The Simpson
05.Joy of Sect
06.Miracle On Evergreen Terrace
07.Das Bus
08.King of the Hill
09.Simpsons Tide
10.Lost Our Lisa
11.The City of New York vs Homer Simpson
12.Bart Star
13.Natural Born Kissers
14.Lisa The Skeptic
15.The Principle and The Pauper
16.Treehouse of Horror VIII
17.Bart Carny
18.This Little Wiggy
19.Realty Bites
20.The Last Temptation of Krust
21.Trash Of The Titans
22.Dumbell Indemnity
23.The Trouble With Trillions
24.The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons
25.All Singing, All Dancing

Season 10 (10th Best Season):

01.Lisa Gets An A
02.Treehouse of Horror IX
03.Wild Barts Can't Be Broken
04.The Wizard of Evergreen Terrace
05.Bart The Mother
06.Lard of the Dance
07.Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo
08.Mom and Pop Art
09.Mayored To The Mob
10.Viva Ned Flanders
11.Homer To The Max
12.Make Room For Lisa
13.Simpsons Bible Stories
14.Maximum Homerdrive
15.When You Dish Upon a Star
16.Monty Can't Buy Me Love
17.They Saved Lisa's Brain
18.The Old Man and the "C" Student
19.Homer Simpson in: "Kidney Trouble"
20.D'oh-in' in the Wind
21.Marge Simpson In Screaming Yellow Honkers
22.I'm with Cupid
23.Sunday Cruddy Sunday

I liked Monsters when I was a kid, but I hated that I had no idea how tv schedules worked so I only saw episodes once in a blue moon. So when I was a little older, I got my hands on it and loved it. It was really satisfying to be so intrigued by something for so long and then it matched expectations. I know shows aimed for children can be hit or miss for most people, so I get it.

Tom Goes to the Mayor is really weird. If you don't like the first episode, don't continue. You will hate it if you aren't into it. The same goes for everything else Tim & Eric have done. It just so happens that I enjoy most of their weirdness.

Eventually I plan on getting to Home Movies, and the animation probably won't bother me too much. I don't need the animation to be great if other aspects are great.

I am surprised you haven't mentioned Archer yet. I seem to recall it being on your overall tv list somewhere. I tried it a couple of different times and couldn't get into it, but I am not ready to give up on it yet.

I considered putting One Punch Man on my top ten. I probably should have, I really enjoyed it.

I am in the process of watching Space Ghost Coast to Coast right now. I've only seen six episodes of it, but I am falling for it big time. It seems so ahead of its time.

I've seen parts of episodes of Gravity Falls, but never a full 'sode. I think I'd like it. I watched about 15 minutes of an episode one time because I noticed Kristen Schaal's voice. I liked it, just never went back.
So much greatness here . So i'll quote the full thing and go bit by bit.

I'm not sure what happened with Monsters i regularly watched; Hey Arnold, Doug (when it was on Nick), Rugrats, etc but wasn't really aware of Monsters until a few years after i'd outgrown those shows. Might give it another chance since you like it so much and it wasn't as a child that you got into it.

Will keep that in mind.

I love the animation for the record, well after the first season. The drawings are purposefully child-like tho, i mean the first South Park short when Matt and Trey was in colllege was much better drawn haha.

I like Archer alot but when i included it on that list it was a show i was really into and had just gotten into at the time. I've barely watched it since then so i'm not sure if it is still a favourite.

Space Ghost So glad you've taken to it right away, i got a friend into it because i knew it was the sort of show he'd love but i had to make sure he kept watching it because he found it pretty jarring at first. It gets amazing in the last few seasons by the way so stick with it.

Gravity Falls is a kids show but it has very watered down Classic Simpsons-esque humour; it even has some Classic Simpsons writers and even co-showrunner of Seasons 7 and 8 Josh Weinstein as a writer. It's got a good story and emotion; and an amazing theme song Should check out more, i kind of wasn't sure about it until i saw the Street Fighter Episode then i fell in love with it.

I was going to add this to the part where I mentioned Archer, but I forgot:

I'd be curious as to how you'd take to Frisky Dingo. A lot of the people involved with Archer made it before they went on to Archer. You will notice a lot of similarities in the animation and even the humor. Archer, from what I've seen, is a pretty absurd show, but Frisky Dingo is even more absurd than that. And maybe that's why I took to it.

Another thing that's great about the show is Killer Mike does some voice acting in it. I watched it before I was even aware of Killer Mike, so when I realized, I liked the show even more.

Also, I can't imagine the headache you must have had trying to rate all of those Simpsons episodes.

I was going to add this to the part where I mentioned Archer, but I forgot:

I'd be curious as to how you'd take to Frisky Dingo. A lot of the people involved with Archer made it before they went on to Archer. You will notice a lot of similarities in the animation and even the humor. Archer, from what I've seen, is a pretty absurd show, but Frisky Dingo is even more absurd than that. And maybe that's why I took to it.

Another thing that's great about the show is Killer Mike does some voice acting in it. I watched it before I was even aware of Killer Mike, so when I realized, I liked the show even more.

Also, I can't imagine the headache you must have had trying to rate all of those Simpsons episodes.
I watched the first three minutes of the first episode of Frisky Dingo once then i was interrupted and had to do something; i should give it a shot you're right. Don't have an opinion on it right now obviously.

It honestly wasn't that bad. I like ranking things and i was listening to music with nothing else to do while doing it haha. Hopefully, it creates some discussion with other Simpsons fans here who know the episodes well or even just a particular episode they are a fan of. Here was a top 50 Simpsons Episodes list i posted last year btw, not sure if i'd stick by it but Homer The Heretic is still my #1 at least - http://www.movieforums.com/community...06#post1487406

Now where is your South Park episode list?

Someday, there's really not enough music in the world to get me through that because i love every episode haha. I know all but the last two were related to the failed Simpsons HOF but it's still really weird to me that i've reviewed about 7 Simpsons Episodes and no South Park Ones.

Hey JJ, i know you've been into Animated Shows for quite a while would you ever be interested in doing any episode or show reviews or whatever with me? Not sure how they'd work exactly but if you're interested i am too, always like when we have a shared interest like boxing formerly. So if you are we can work out how it would work and do it, i'd be interested in discussing King of the Hill with you for instance since it's one of your favourite shows and i don't think i know it that well.

Since JJ was interested in my rankings, i ranked the first 10 Seasons of The Simpsons. I'd need to rewatch everything which i'm not doing to be 100% obviously but i know all of these episodes well and these feel pretty right at least in tiers; as in the top five are definitely my top five of the season then the next 7 or whatever. The only episode looking over everything i really don't remember well is: They Saved Lisa's Brain from Season 10, don't know why that is, i just kind of placed that somewhere so ignore that episode. So other than that episode if anyone is wondering why an episode is so low/high please feel free to ask as i should have some sort of explanation. I know this is really pointless but JJ was interested and hopefully it will maybe start some discussion in this thread if someone objects to one of my rankings.
I have watched a lot of TV over the years, but I don't think I know ANY show as well as you know The SImpsons, Camo.

I have watched a lot of TV over the years, but I don't think I know ANY show as well as you know The SImpsons, Camo.
As i said i watched it from an early age and constantly watched the dvds when i first got them.

Gonna post a write-up about a show i don't know well in a second.

King of the Hill: Season 4, Episode 6
A Beer Can Named Desire

Decided to do one for the King of the Hill episode @jiraffejustin suggested. As i said earlier i don't know King of the Hill anywhere near as much as i know The Simpsons and South Park, so i probably won't have as much to say. That's the main problem with the first 10 Seasons of The Simpsons or practically any South Park episodes this watch would just be refreshing me on the specifics, while even though i've seen this episode before it feels almost new because i've only seen it once and a while ago. Anyway we'll see what happens. Also i don't know the characters as well so i'm not as confident speaking of in or out of character moments like i am in those two.

First of all i'll say that i stopped watching this after the sixth season; not because it was getting bad it was just starting to feel a little dull compared to the first four. I think the main reason is not that the writing ended up any weaker necessarily but mostly that some great gag characters like Dale especially started to feel too familiar. And the main reason being that i think the use of Hank as the straight man* doesn't work unless the other chracters are funny instead of him. The start here with him citing the odds of this happening to him to Bill is brilliant though, Hank's usually flawed logic but by far the best of him and his friends followed by Bill's groan while is a good return joke. Mostly because Bill is probably the only likable one there (Other than Hank i mean) yet he's the one that gets called out on it. I really love the briefly introduced and briefly dropped Luanne conflict; i mean it's more a joke than a conflict but still the idea that Hank would call a family meeting to decide this while holding the winning beer that he's never going to let go to try and convince Luanne into allowing him to have it is brilliant. Jesus, Dale inviting himself is perfect too "it's no bother you can invite us and we can stay in your hotel room". That's perfect Hank characterization, briefly forgetting that everyone he associates with are morons and won't take the hint haha. Love the idea of Bill being this wealthy sough after guy when you look at his life back in Texas. Hank sums it up perfectly with "i always figured your family lived in a tar-paper shack". Everyone except Dale finding this all weird and surprising makes this that much more perfect and hilarious.

Bill's main story with forbidden lust is perfect, especially with his bad luck leaving it so that one of them is off limits but he doesn't know which one. And nosy Peggy forcing herself into it again is perfect because Bill would cleary not care if it wasn't for her which again is more of his bad luck in his mind. It's a very sitcom-y plot but a good one because it fits both Bill and Peggy perfectly.I actually find Hank and Bobby pretty boring in this episode for some reason; not bad i just am more drawn to Bills plot. The quick brutality of whoever that was missing that shot was great though, especially with Hank asking for him to take of his jacket and complaining about it afterwards.

* = Hank as the straight man. I just wanted to add this caveat because i think the idea of Hank as the straight man is probably the best thing about the show and it's what makes him the best character. I think Cotton and Dale and for me personally Season 1 Bobby are funnier than Hank, at least in consistently 'laugh out loud' moments but Hank himself is very funny and amazingly when you sit back and think about something he said it gives you that kind of forced "does he actually find this funny?" Hank belly laugh. Exactly how he does in the show and it's always in a realization like Hank who rarely gets good jokes. Hank makes me laugh out loud tonnes by the way i'm not saying that, i'm saying i think certain jokes of his are designed that way and that for me at least they are really effective. Anyway, my main complaint with Hank as the straight man in later seasons is that i only find him in that role funny if there's a good set-up for him to be seriously against something incredibly mundane or innofensive which i feel is lacking often because the other characters often aren't as funny as they usually are.

Sorry if this wasn't any good. It was more of an overall King of the Hill rant, i'm interested in doing other episodes as i get more used to it if you have any more suggestions.

@Gideon58 Thanks so much for following this thread . I'll put up the rest of the Looney Tunes, Disney, etc, ones i have now. I'll also do a What's Opera Doc? one in the next few days as well; you requested it i didn't forget .

Captain Hareblower

Man, i honestly hadn't seen this in a decade at least. Really love the set-up here; one thing about Bugs is that you never need to explain how he ends up anywhere but i love that he comes out of a box of carrots here; enforcing the idea that he saw a box of carrots and jumped into it only noticing he was at sea when he heard a commotion: the crew abandoning the ship haha. Damn, Yosemite Sam is the best Bugs enemy, Daffy is great too but he's equally as great in other roles with or without Bugs and Elmer Fudd is just in alot of amazing cartoons they are often great despite him with a few obvious exceptions. But Sam is just so fun, he's so lively and you often feel for him in the brief second before he is hurt by whatever Bugs throws at him; he's not as dumb as Elmer but he often comes across more idiotic because he is so hyper and un-subtle, love watching him. My favourite part here was Sam getting ate by the fish; as i said i hadn't seen this in ages so that caught me off guard and i was already laughing at the absurdity of him swimming with a lit bomb. The suspended pillar got a big lol from me to; it's one of those where you know what is coming but the absurdity of it is funny anyway. Wasn't crazy about the last minute but whatever it was funny overall, good choice Clazor!

A Tale of Two Kitties

Wasn't aware this was in the public domain until now. As i said earlier the reason i restarted this was because i was going through Bob Clampett's work recently well this wasn't one i watched and i forgot it was even him; Ed sent me a PM saying it was from Tex Avery and i just believed him haha . Will have to change that in the nominations part. You got Little Rural Riding Hood right at least . While it's not one of my favourites from him it is still very good, it's funny and well animated but i think the voice acting might be my favourite thing about it actually. The voice Mel uses for Catsello is one everyone has heard before it's basically a higher pictched exaggerated Bugs voice but i love it and Tedd Pierce does a good job as Babbit too. This is Tweety Pie's first appearance, he is actually flesh coloured instead of yellow and his eyes are weirdly droopy though which is a bit jarring at first but he has a similar character to the later well known Tweety and Mel uses the same voice he always does for him. I think my favourite part is when Catsello is falling through the air towards the pitchfork he's scrambline about in mid-air and it looks hilarious.

Good nom Ed . I'm half way through already haha.