The MoFo Top 100 Sci-Fi Films: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Expect 94 and 93 the same time tomorrow as I did today. As for now, any predictions?
I'm bad at predictions, but....I'm watching The Adjustment Bureau tonight and I just reviewed Them!

So those are my two predictions

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I watched Dredd for this countdown because I like Karl Urban, but it's just not my type of movie, but it reminded me a little bit of RoboCop.

I haven't seen Altered States, but I've seen some clips of it, and it looks like another movie that's just not for me.

Seen: 4 out of 6
My list: 0 so far

Dune was in the list I sent I think. Great movie, the worst movie I ever watched and hence a great achievement in bad taste.I liked it more than lynch's good movies except Eraserhead.

Predictions:
94. 2010: The Year We Make Contact (1984)
93. Serenity (2005)

Come on peeps - get those predictions in ..... don't be frightened of looking silly, you can't possibly be any more wronger than I am every single time

Haven't seen Dredd but plan on it. Saw Altered States a couple of times long ago, and whoa, what a mind-trip that was! I liked it quite a bit back then but don't know if I feel like seeing it again. I feel the most important factor in the film has been left unmentioned, and that is the Blair Brown factor. Blair, who is frequently undressed in the film and smashing to ogle, is terrific in it. .Nothing Sci-Fi about her, just real-life flesh and blood and such beautiful flesh and blood! I've gone on too much about her, I guess. On with the list...oh, sweet Blair!

PS, above is how she reacted when I told her I loved her.

I considered Altered States, but wanted to rewatch it first and didn't get around to do so. Glad it made it anyway.

Woody Allen is a pedophille
The Stats

The Truman Show

Nothing too interesting to say about this one. It was the only film to receive 54 points, so no tie breaker was necessary.

Layout: 2nd, 9th, 13th

Event Horizon

Another film also received 55 points (#92), however it was on less lists so the other film won the tie breaker.

Layout: 10th, 13th (x3)

I saw Truman Show when I was 12, and I think it was the first time I noticed movies have something so say, besides telling a story and showing action.

Didn't make my list, though.

So far I've seen 5 out ouf 8, only 1 of which is on my list.

I really enjoyed Truman Show but I've only seen it once and couldn't really justify it next to multiple watches of other films...

I've been interested in Event Horizon.

I haven't actually seen all of The Truman Show. I should really get around to that. Event Horizon was on my shortlist, but did not make the final cut.

Seen: 5/8
My List: 1

01. Dredd (2012) - #96

Boldly going.
I never really thought of Truman Show as sci-fi, because the technology existed then, but I guess it is.

I'm not a fan of Event horizon.

I haven't seen Another Earth or Altered States. I've put them on hold at the library!

The Truman Show is good but not one that sprang to mind for this.
Event Horizon is very good until it opts to go too mental imo.

Wildly wrong predictions for tomorrow:
92. Resident Evil (2002)
91. Minority Report (2002)

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The Truman Show - I never considered this sci/fi, but what a great film it is. Really enjoy this one.

Event Horizon - underrated sci/fi horror that I really like.

Suspect's Reviews