FILM WITH LONGEST FISTFIGHT IN HISTORY OF MOVIES

Tools    

John Wayne fights with Randolph Scott...Do you know what movie it is?

HAL

Is this an actual question, or another game?
Would also like to know this. Hopefully it's the former, given that this forum is for questions people don't know the answer to...please confirm, Hal.

MC for the Great Underground Circus
I thought that honor goes to "they live"

Yoda...it's for questions that people may or may not know the answers to. It's not a game!

Am I posting in the wrong place again?

HAL

Yoda...it's for questions that people may or may not know the answers to. It's not a game.

Am I posting in the wrong place again?

HAL

Yeah but the big question is do you know the answer to this?

If you do, then you're posting in the wrong sub-forum.

Yeah, I know the answer! So now where the hell am I supposed to go?

I like this Forum, but if I continue to get slapped around with these technicalities, then I'll leave!

HAL

YES, IT'S "THE SPOILERS", CRICKET!

Hal

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Yes, I know the answer! So now where the hell am I supposed to go?

I like this Forum, but if I continue to get slapped around with these technicalities, then I'll leave!

HAL...AGE EIGHTY

I liked the question. I was wracking my brain. Must now check out the movie.

We're not slapping you around bud, it's just the forum has the sub-forums for a reason.

A thread like this should be somewhere like intermission or general chat.
Probably general movie chat tbh.

The questions section is for people who have a question about a movie, but they don't know the answer.
We get a lot of new members who join simply to post one thread in questions, then they get the answer and never come back. Those threads are then used by other new members or unregistered guests for reference in case they have a similar question.

I don't think this is as complicated as you're suggesting. It's been explained that the Movie Questions forum is for finding answers, rather than trivia, and it says so right in the forum's description. This isn't a technicality: it's basic forum organization.

If you want to quiz people, or play some kind of trivia game, that goes in Games and Tabs.

I would like to see a new forum with NO categories and NO sub-forums, just a site called "MOVIES", where anyone can post something that simply has SOMETHING or ANYTHING to do with movies, and can conduct that one post in his or her particular way.

I'm too old and confused to keep trying to see if I'm posting in the right place or not, and for this reason I may not be staying around much longer.

Yoda, you tell me you don't think it's as complicated as I'm suggesting. Really? Are you 80 years old with increasing problems of recall?

I'm not wearing your rose-colored glasses.....mine are clouded, making it hard to see things that were created by a staff of Organization Men!

I'm a retired Aerospace Engineer, but now I like things much simpler.

Thanks for listening,

HAL

I would like to see a new forum with NO categories and NO sub-forums, just a site called "MOVIES", where anyone can post something that simply has SOMETHING to do with movies, and can conduct that one post in his or her particular way.
That would make it insanely hard to find things. Forums need structure, which is why virtually every forum of significant size has categories/topics.

I'm too old and confused to keep trying to see if I'm posting in the right place or not, and for this reason I may not be staying around much longer.
That's your call. But if you find the idea of having to post threads in the correct topics to be too demanding, then this might not be the place for you. I think you'll find the only forums that don't require this, though, are the ones nobody's moderating at all.

Yoda, you tell me you don't think it's as complicated as I'm suggesting. Really? Are you 80 years old with increasing problems of recall?
Here's what it says under Movie Questions on the home page: "Can't remember the title of a movie? Ask for help here." I think anyone who can read (or, more likely, who can be bothered to read) that can understand what goes there.

Hal, I know I'm an upstart newb but I just had a scathingly brilliant idea for you. Next time you have an idea for a thread, if you're not sure where it goes, just come and shout in the shoutbox down below. I've asked lots of questions in there and they shout back answers. It's fun.

Yes. I've had all my newb questions answered and my head is still where it should be.

All the best with your healing eye, hal.

Thanks, Dani8!

My cataract surgery was done about 5 years ago, and I also had the other eye replaced! (Just the lens part.)

I now have false eyes and false teeth, but people tell me I look much younger than my 80 years!

HOWL (Phoenetic version of Hal)

You dont look anywhere near 80, young man.

YODA, for your information, I belonged to the following forums:

Astronomy
Lightning Machines
Guns
Model Railroading
Slot Cars

Every one of these forums had a sub-forum called "Off-Topic", which was often more interesting than the main topic! Virtually ANYTHING could and was discussed there...even jokes!

Oh yeah...I was BANNED from two of these forums for getting into flame wars with the Moderator and the Administrator.

That's all.....
HOWL