The 12th Hall of Fame

Tools    

Tyler isn't here! Tyler went away! Tyler's gone!
How I feel about looking for some of these movies:

But I already asked cricket where to find some of the movies, just wanted to post some moving gifs!!!! Just figured out how to do it.

JOE
I am loving this HOF so far.This was yet another great nomination,i really loved it.
I am not going to go too far into describing the movie because I think that might ruin it abit for those who are yet to see it- The acting is superb,Peter Boyle is great-is this perhaps the younger version of his character in monster ball? But the father (me and names...) is the one who impressed me the most.In simple scenes he has a way of stealing it with a simple facial expression,I was really mesmerized by it.It was fun seeing Susan Sarandon so young,her eyes seemed even bigger back then,though I felt like the character could be a bit annoying,she was however very little on screen though so it didnt bother me.Also character wise-i loved the mother.."yes we`re all the same" I felt like she was a strong character and i liked the relationship between them.I also really liked the relationship between Joe and the father,Joe seemed so much more relaxed and unguarded-as unlikable as he was,with him he had some good moments.And as unlikable as he was at his worst,he was still a great character-so insecure with himself,yet totally selfindulgent,to see how fast he was throwing his principles away and becoming a hypocrite was actually fairly real i think.
My favourite part was the last part though,really greatly done. It was done in such a way that it seemed to much more real,very...simple in a way -oh and the ending...I thought something close to that was going to happen,but not that.
Which made me like it even more.
Also in several of the close ups,Peter Boyle reminds me of Marlon Brando.

Glad you liked it; I was very curious to how you'd feel, especially with your involvement and feelings in the political threads.
I can understand that.I dont have a problem with it in movies,i would have had a problem with him had it been a real person in my life Also hes obviously made out to be unlikeable or misguided/bitter,I would maybe have a bit of a problem with it had it been played out differently,if he wasnt made out the be that way.. I was curious too after you told me that,i thought it would be much worse haha

Agreed with all of that Topsy. Even the Peter Boyle reminding me of Marlon Brando part haha.

WARNING: "Joe" spoilers below
The ending is one of my all-time favourites, it blew my mind.

I'm going to the library tomorrow, I'll rent all the films there.

The only 2 that they don't have are: U-Turn and Romper Stomper, if someone has a link it would be nice to send it to me!

Thanks

So, I was about to start writing a review of Joe (1970), the right film this time. When I started writing, I noticed that when I centered or made my writing bold, it would show the coding for every adjustment I made. This never happened before, is there a way I can turn that off?

When typing/editing a comment, on the top right there should be something that looks like AA. Click that to change between editor modes.

Not sure if it's the same on mobile.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Glad you enjoyed it Cosmic, really good review

Ed mate you are a saint!. Nah though nobody should be allowed to skip or only watch part of anyones nomination. I don't want to join a hall of fame if people are allowed to stop watching my nomination because they aren't enjoying it and still vote on it despite not having seen it all, i've watched all of every film nominated in a hall of fame i've joined. Nobody forced anyone to join, they decided to and they should know that they have to watch all of each nomination.

Does anyone do that because if they do i think this is going to be my last hall of fame? Not trying to be dramatic , just saying though if people are fine with that happening then these are clearly not for me.
So much this ^.

These HoFs would lose all integrity if people were allowed to just stop watching something (or not watch it at all) due to differences in taste. We all know going into these that there's a chance there'll be a few nominations we're just not going to take to. You take that risk going in.

On the plus side, there's also a chance that you'll watch something that you don't think you'd like, or that you wouldn't otherwise have watched, and you'll actually really enjoy it.
Wow, good intentions and where they lead. . .
I did not mean to break the first rule of HOF when I was trying to be easy-going as a newbie on these.

I thought it was really nice for you to offer to let us skip it (even if I'd never accept the offer), and didn't mean to imply anything negative about you in particular with that post you quoted (I was just talking generally). Sorry if it came across that way.

Joe is a drama from 1970, directed by John G. Avildsten, set in New York. Some of the main points and topics of this film are very controversial, still, in today society, which is sure to bring up debate. It touches base on social classes, welfare, drugs, taxes, innate superiority, race, and even justifiable murder. The first half of the film is mainly about Compton (played by Dennis Patrick) humoring Joe (played by Peter Boyle) and staying on his good side because he's the only one that knows his dark secret. About half way through the film, Compton's daughter, Melissa (played by Susan Surandon) also finds out about Compton's deep dark secret. This is when Compton and Joe team up and go on a wild goose chase looking for Melissa so she doesn't spill the beans. On their travels they ran into some trouble and had to go out of their way to get their belongings back. The end took me by surprise and found myself looking at the screen with my mouth wide open until the credits rolled through.

This film was amazing and very detailed with the actions and reactions of the actors and has a surprise ending that I didn't see coming.

Great pick Cricket.

When typing/editing a comment, on the top right there should be something that looks like AA. Click that to change between editor modes.

Not sure if it's the same on mobile.
Thanks cosmic for the information, I pressed it numerous times and tried to set it to how I like it but no matter what I did it wouldn't work, and I was using my computer this time as well.... I'll figure it out...

Sorry for the appearance of my review.

Wow, good intentions and where they lead. . .
I did not mean to break the first rule of HOF when I was trying to be easy-going as a newbie on these.

Yeah, like Cosmic i definitely wasn't saying anything negative about you. I thought it was really great of you to offer. Was just saying that i don't think that should be allowed whether the nominee is okay with it or not.

Yeah, like Cosmic i definitely wasn't saying anything negative about you. I thought it was really great of you to offer. Was just saying that i don't think that should be allowed whether the nominee is okay with it or not.
Yep, when signing up for the tournament, we all made a commitment

lmao, leave it to the new guy to speak out of turn about something he has no businesses in.

Meaning me, royalewitcheese, not anyone else.....

I have a feeling someones going to take this statement the wrong way.....

Oh well......

Thanks cosmic for the information, I pressed it numerous times and tried to set it to how I like it but no matter what I did it wouldn't work, and I was using my computer this time as well.... I'll figure it out...
There are only two options, one where the code for everything is shown (including bold, italics, pictures, etc.), and one where most code is hidden. You can still type code manually in either version, or use the icons at the top, and it'll display properly either way. If you're uncertain, you can always select "Preview Post" to see how it'll look first (you need to have selected "Go Advanced" first, if you didn't know that).

There are only two options, one where the code for everything is shown (including bold, italics, pictures, etc.), and one where most code is hidden. You can still type code manually in either version, or use the icons at the top, and it'll display properly either way. If you're uncertain, you can always select "Preview Post" to see how it'll look first (you need to have selected "Go Advanced" first, if you didn't know that).
Yeah, I figured all that out, but when I've been pressing the AA button to switch between the two settings, it hasn't been working.... I'll try logging off and back in again

Joe (1970)

Director: John G. Avildsen
Writer: Norman Wexler
Starring: Peter Boyle (Joe Curran), Dennis Patrick (Bill Compton)
Susan Sarandon (Melissa Compton)

Joe is a drama from 1970, directed by John G. Avildsten, set in New York. Some of the main points and topics of this film are very controversial, still, in today society, which is sure to bring up debate. It touches base on social classes, welfare, drugs, taxes, innate superiority, race, and even justifiable murder. The first half of the film is mainly about Compton (played by Dennis Patrick) humoring Joe (played by Peter Boyle) and staying on his good side because he's the only one that knows his dark secret. About half way through the film, Compton's daughter, Melissa (played by Susan Surandon) also finds out about Compton's deep dark secret. This is when Compton and Joe team up and go on a wild goose chase looking for Melissa so she doesn't spill the beans. On their travels they ran into some trouble and had to go out of their way to get their belongings back. The end took me by surprise and found myself looking at the screen with my mouth wide open until the credits rolled through.

This film was amazing and very detailed with the actions and reactions of the actors and has a surprise ending that I didn't see coming.

Great pick Cricket.