Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Colonia (2015)

At first, I wanted to turn it off, wondering why I should even try to get a glimpse into this story. The first 40 minutes were a drag, but, the last hour more than made up for it. Acting was very good, as expected. Give it a try, at your own risk.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
First off:

HAPPY NEW YEAR FELLOW RTLMYS'!!

Secondly:

To add to spider warnings for GB - though I really don't think she'd watch this one or has in the past,
WARNING: "Constantine has a spider scene in it" spoilers below
It's in the forefront of the shot just before Rachel Weisz's character comes a-calling. He captures it in a glass and blows cigarette smoke in it, telling it: "Welcome to my world,"
Rachel's character makes a point of releasing it when she leaves.

And, thirdly:

(SO MANY REWATCHES I LOST COUNT) Maltese Falcon (1941)
The iconic role of Sam Spade and, (equally important) the role played by Peter Lorre that inspired Ren's character from Ren & Stimpy lol

(REWATCH) Only Lovers Left Alive
++ Jarmusch's visually artistic beauty may, at first, seem a very slow paced film, but its it's languid style that allows you to make the time to truly immerse yourself into the visual beauty of said movie.

(REWATCH) Captain America; Civil War
+++ After getting my preconceptions and prejudices out of the way on my first watch some time ago I was able to just sit back and enjoy the story/movie as is. And I did. Enjoy it.

You are making these posts difficult to rep guy
I know. I almost always rep cricket's posts in here but this time, for some reason, I just can't!

I know. I almost always rep cricket's posts in here but this time, for some reason, I just can't!
You will be the Secretary of State once i'm elected, Swan!

Miss Vicky and Cricket can be janitors.

Cube - 8.5 / 10 - Even though I watched it in french.
After you watched Cube , be better if you watch the sequel of Cube . Cube 2 : Hypercube and also Cube Zero

Train (2008) - 6,7/10
The Body (El Cuerpo) - 8,2/10 . this is the great movie with the case murder and many hypnosis to made the strong prove of the case.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Try not to watch Ip Man 2 and whatever you do don't watch Ip Man 3! it goes steadily downhill.
thanks for the heads up and sorry for taking so long to respond. . .
I've heard that it does get worse as the sequels continue and I've hear mixed when it came to the second, which I may still try to see, just to see for myself.
But, when I do and I hate it I WILL mention you warned me and PLEASE mention that you told me so lol

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
You've probably told it before, but where does you fear originate from, GB?

I read that you said you weren't afraid since childhood, but it's something that came later. Also, I don't think I've heard of many who are so afraid of something they can't even look at it in video or picture form. Then it's a serious issue. no kidding though, how did it came to that?

I posted this one page back, but it's from an incident that happened many years ago when I was at camp.

I got this fear of spiders after a bad spider incident at camp many years ago. I went inside a tent-type cabin with a few other campers, and when we turned around to leave, there were three very large black spiders above the doorway, so we were trapped inside. When the counselor came in to help, she tried hitting the spiders with a broom, and they jumped down at her as if they were attacking her. It was terrifying.

Maybe that's why my fear of spiders is so bad. It's not a "natural" fear.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
To add to spider warnings for GB - though I really don't think she'd watch this one or has in the past,
WARNING: "Constantine has a spider scene in it" spoilers below
It's in the forefront of the shot just before Rachel Weisz's character comes a-calling. He captures it in a glass and blows cigarette smoke in it, telling it: "Welcome to my world,"
Rachel's character makes a point of releasing it when she leaves.

Thanks for the info.

I've never seen Constantine, but from the trailer, it doesn't look like my type of movie, so I probably won't watch it unless it gets nominated in a HoF at some point. (BTW, that's not a request for anyone to nominate it.)

The Holiday, 2006 (this is a romantic comedy, be ready for the laughter and tears)
Rating: A+

Okay so I might be partial to a certain actor named Jude Law but nevertheless! This was a great movie with other great actors as well (Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jack Black) I think the plot is very unique and cute. If only I had made this review sooner as it is a Christmasy, Holiday (duh) movie.
Anyways, there's a happy ending and this movie easily fits into my favorites.

Sing Street (2016)

After hearing so much praise directed towards this movie, I felt compelled to have a look. I have to say, it was a massive meltdown. There's nothing original or powerful about the story itself, it's your run-of-the-mill coming-of-age movie. Some bittersweet points were almost scored with the movie's core romance story, but it meanders back-and-forth in stereotypical fashion. The performances are good, but nothing to write home about. The themes of the movie, are tired, totally worn out, parochial even. I mean, rebelling against high-school teachers & principals? What is this, 1967? Nothing great with the music either. Tired, banal, cliched, parochial and worst of all, criminally overrated by several critics whose tastes and integrity should be questioned again and again more thoroughly.

Only bright spot in the movie is Lucy Boynton, who is still over-aged for this role. Truly, a prime example of a grossly overrated movie. Sometimes, regular audiences do indeed know better than the critics by rewarding this movie with what it so richly deserves, indifference!

4/10

For Don't Breathe.. 9/10 ... I Love This Movie ... I never watched this type of Thriller or Horror Hollywood Movie .. That's Why I will Give 9 rating for this movie