Animation Hall of Fame

Tools    

According to my writeups post (i don't think i have but it's possible i've missed something so tell me if i have and i'll add it, this also isn't taking into account any films that you've decided not to rewatch because you've seen it enough/recently):

Camo - Finished
Cosmic - Finished
Miss Vicky - Finished
Clazor - Finished
gbg - Finished
Topsy - 5/10
Raul - 8/10
Jal - 1/10
tat - 6/10
MM - 1/10

I'm not sure if MM's last post was indicating he was out or not, it would be understandable if he was going by that post but i don't want to jump the gun on that. Jal hasn't been on the site since he said he'd start watching stuff, i don't talk to Jal alot but from what i gather he's a big animation fan so i imagine he's seen quite a few of these before which is why i wouldn't count him out just yet haha. Raul, Topsy and tat are clearly going to finish .

The deadline is January 12th by the way; just saying because i actually asked Raul the other day because i wasn't sure.

haha. I almost PM'd Swan about his Tramp avatar earlier because i love it but i thought that would be pretty pointless even though it would most likely spin into something else.

I'm actually watching one of my nephews tomorrow and i was planning on watching Bambi with him. Definitely considering changing that to Lady and the Tramp since i've not seen either in quite a while.

The worst part is that I have the 4 movies left in my desktop and I could have clicked on them since last week! I only watched Lupin III out of those 4, I already watched Madagascar I just want to leave it last as a review. Next one is Clazor's I believe, I'll try to watch it tonight

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ

Waltz with Bashir

Unfortunately this just wasn't a movie for me. I think it ultimately hurts me that I don't know a whole lot about the context of this war. It made it really hard for me to connect to any of the characters and it made me not care for the story as much, as cold as that sounds. I did like the animation though, specifically in the beginning of the films with the dogs and then the soldiers in the water.

I'd be kidding if I didn't say I felt a bit guilty at the end when we see those live shots. I wonder if the film would have had a bigger impact if it wasn't animated. Either way I liked that they included that as a part of this movie. Overall though, it was a movie that left me cold and searching for why I didn't appreciate it as much as the other members.

That's a good one, but you justified why you didn't like it well.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I just finished up with Wall E so I am finished. Everyone else, you have until January 10th. If a minor extension is needed let me know.

I plan on posting a review for Wall E soon.

thanks for reminding me Raul. I am seriously such a ditz at the moment,iam forgetting everything-almost to the point where im wondering if i should worry

Mine are all done,so Im going to do the write ups right now so i dont forget again.

The castle of cagliostro

Firstly,i watched some clips of the movies i wasnt familiar with before setting up the order in which i would watch them-the clips i saw of this movie was in japanese with subs but i could only find the whole thing dubbed in english. I dont think it hurt the experience,watching it in english,but from the clips i did like the original language more,if only because i really love japanese.
At first I wasnt too fond of the drawing,simply because i usually watch animations ala the secrets of nimh and those are the ones i have memories of as a child.its mostly the different movements i notice i think.however i soon got over that-and I also thought the background and the surroundings were really beautiful.
I liked the main characters,they had some great one-liners as comic relief and it had some "great" villains that were easy to hate.i was a bit back and forth on the princess...its a bit of a universal problem,but alot of the time i feel like especially in asian movies and comics females are too...weak..No matter what ages they`re supposed to be they still act like children.Thats probably something that bothers me more,as a woman,than male viewers.That being said i loved Fujiko-her along with the lead were my favourite.And im really glad she was in there as a kind of counter part to the princess.I loved the castle itself though,it looked great and harboured some great secrets and tricks.It was definitely an entertaining movie,never a dull moment and constantly something going on! Great fun!

Madagascar 2

The penguins had this from the get go when they go off on the logo didnt they?

I saw Madagascar back when it was first released and i thought it was okay.I saw it in norwegian though so it was fun to watch this in english to see which celebrity voice i would recognize.
All the sidecharacter definitely steal the light,the maincharacters are kind of bland with some good lines here and there.I`d have to agree with the others that im not sure how needed the sequel was however i still very much enjoyed it. The planecrash was by far my favourite scene,the penguins had me cracking up and King Julian telling the others to keep their hands up because that would make it more fun almost had me on the floor.
King Julian is a hit and miss with me though,sometimes hes incredibly funny but othertimes he can be a bit tiresome.All in all i think it managed to what it set out to do,its fun both adults and kids-but i think i might have enjoyed it more had i not seen the first.

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Btw, did we have a time in mind for the Animation part II? Just curious as there's already a few HoFs and top 100s in the works these coming months. Not that I would be against doing more than one at a time, just curious as I said. Wouldn't wanna miss it by accident.

Was an Animation Part II something actually planned for later or was that more said as in we should do this again sometime? I'm asking because when you mentioned an Animation HOF Part II i thought i must have missed some comments here?

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
I think it was more a question asked to gage interest, but it sounded as if it could become reality. Was unsure, hence my query as to if it had a solid date.

I just send my list, I didn't write the reviews because either I didn't write at the moment and forgot it or I just didn't know what to write. Tomorrow I'm traveling so I will try to make the reviews today, and if I don't then that's the reason I didn't do it the following days