Worst Sequel/Prequel Ever - The POLL

Tools    

What is the worst sequel/prequel ever made?
12.50%
2 votes
Episode I
25.00%
4 votes
Highlander 2
12.50%
2 votes
Mortal Kombat 2
12.50%
2 votes
Batman and Robin (Clooney)
0%
0 votes
Speed 2
0%
0 votes
Staying Alive (sequel Saturday Night Fever)
0%
0 votes
Alien 3
0%
0 votes
Grease 2
6.25%
1 votes
Caddyshack 2
6.25%
1 votes
Exorcist II The Heretic
6.25%
1 votes
Blues Brothers 2000
18.75%
3 votes
Other - please list which film
16 votes. You may not vote on this poll

You forgot about Butch and Sundance: The Early Days and The Sting II.
Aw! I was a kid when early days of Butch & Sundance came out and loved it! I even bought the action figures, and it inspired me to see the original, which I liked alot more, and made Paul Newman my favorite actor.

^^ Is that supposed to be Tom Berenger as Butch?! Looks more like Gerard Butler.

Thats a nice way of looking at it SIB.
I suppose so, and you would expect a certain prescience. I always liked Mace Windu's expression when he kills Jango Fett because it's as if he knew it was going to happen that way.

It's interesting that in The Force Awakens they went for a much more scrappy and unpredictable fight scene, but I think even with the previous two films they'd managed to tone down the obviousness of the choreography — a lot of that in Phantom Menace was probably because of Ray Park being so physical and precise that it was as if he was always leading the actors and their counter moves, as if in a dance.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Worst sequel IMO: Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation. It was just utterly ridiculous at how it was executed and granted, Kim Henkel wrote the directed the film, but it just didn't have the same panache as the original or even the other sequels. As much as I like Matthew McConaughey, he was way too over the top in this and as much as I also liked Renee Zellweger, she was maybe one of the only good things about it. The whole revelation of everything was just pure and utter B.S. Sorry for ranting.

There's obviously worse sequels than the ones on this poll, i think TONGO meant worst sequels to good or at least well liked and praised films even if you don't like them yourselves.

Obviously stuff like Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo or Baby Geniuses 2 are probably much worse than any of these but the originals of those aren't called good by anyone.

Also why did you set the poll to close tonight, TONGO? Hurry get your votes in!

There's obviously worse sequels than the ones on this poll, i think TONGO meant worst sequels to good or at least well liked and praised films even if you don't like them yourselves.

Obviously stuff like Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo or Baby Geniuses 2 are probably much worse than any of these but the originals of those aren't called good by anyone.

Also why did you set the poll to close tonight, TONGO? Hurry get your votes in!
Yeah I was going for the more "known" and seen sequels.

No I always set them for 365 days, so its probably saying todays date but the years 2017

since alien 3 is included,its not just the second one?
if so,scream 4.
if not
Cruel Intentions 2
Scream 4 is awesome.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Had to go for Mortal Kombat 2: it is actually quite goofy and fun, but only because it is so horribly bad, and I've never seen a film with such piss poor acting in my life

I feel like I'm in the minority for this as well, but I find Batman Forever a hell of a lot worse than bat nipples. B&R was at least fun in a so-bad-it's-good way, Batman Forever was just plain bad and boring.

Welcome to the human race...
Out of the candidates listed, I'd pick Caddyshack II. Bad comedies are almost invariably the worst of any bad movies because their goal of making people laugh is so outwardly simplistic that their failure to do so is only magnified. Most of the other ones on here that I've seen are actually semi-tolerable, even if it is in terms of being "so-bad-it's-good" or whatever. As far as prequels go, I'd take Phantom Menace over X-Men Origins: Wolverine any day of the week, plus I wouldn't even say that The Quickening is the worst Highlander sequel.

Alot of people say Episode II was worse than Ep I. I have to agree there werent any high moments, but there wasnt the excrutiating moments like in Ep I, I guess to me it "hurt less than?.

Welcome to the human race...
I ran the series last year and still ended up liking I more than II. For what it's worth, I've seen I more times than I really care to admit, whereas this was the first time I'd seen II since theatres. Maybe you're right about different films "hurting less".

Attack of the Clones is really boring, it's pretty much what seperates it from its equally crap cousin. The difference being the zero payoff to everything in Clones; clearly people don't like the Darth Maul fight now, whatever there was nothing in Clones to even pretend you were interested in and in my opinion the romantic dialogue and Hayden Christiansen in general were much worse than anything in Phantom Menace. Jar Jarr was an obnoxious side character, every main character in Attack of the Clones is horrible.

So I never saw Episode III....should I ? I mean if its like I & II then I really can take a pass.

Over-choreographed by the guy that actually plays him Awesome lightsaber + cheesy side flips = Camo is gonna have a good time!
The problem was the lack of emotion and rawness, imo. You look back at Return of the Jedi when Luke is just bashing on Vader with his saber. It felt so non-choreographed and real.

With the Maul fight, he kills Neeson and you expect Obi Wan to get all into it and have a really raw, emotional fight like that. Unfortunately he just runs up to him and they get into another boring overly choreographed and empty fight scene. It's stupid.