Finding Dory (2016) -

Kingdom of Dreams and Madness (2013) -

Stitches (2012) -

The Big Knife (1955) -
+
Everything must Go (2010) -

A Pigeon Sat On A Branch (2014) -

Suicide Squad (2016)

I'm so sad that from the 8 9 marvel/dc films that come out this year I only went to see 2 The X-men one and Deadpool. I totally regret not going that much to the cinema, it's just a little akward for me to go alone

Marty (1955)

A sweet and tender little love story about the real life fairy tale of the beast and the beast - not that these are ugly people - but they are not the glamerous Hollywood couple or the wealthy happy bunch. These are two people who are completely ordinary, with ordinary looks and ordinary lives, who just can't seem to fit in with everybody else - until they find each other. I liked that unpolished aspect of it, although I did wish for a little more unbalance as well. In a way, the story is very straight forward and it kind of calls for a turning point somewhere, but the closest we get to that is when the movie ends. In a way, the usual downpoint for our characters doesn't come 2/3 into the film, like usually, but is already build into the fundament from the beginning and we work its way up from there. The good thing about that is how things feel a bit off-beat and bold, but at the same time it's a little simple and shallow. The movie is missing a little more depth and some more layers, as well as some changes in the flow of the story... at least if this should be a masterpiece.

But as it stands now, it is a fun film, free from its own ego and told losely and warmly. Sometimes I don't mind when a film just wants to be an episodic and extended point in our life, because sometimes that point has a point of its own that is worthy of being told on the big screen. There is enough for us to understand what came before and what will most likely come after, so it's not that the story isn't complete. It's quite simply short in scale and grand in genuineness. Sometimes it's enough to feel the film without having to read the film and 'Marty' is completely lovable as it is. The visuals are subtle but not at all simple and the music is light on its feet without being without weight or matter. In a way, the soundtrack goes perfectly hand in hand with how the two main characters goes hand in hand with their parents and lives. They are nervous and good hearted people who are still attached to the safer surroundings of their closest family and familiar territories. They are not exactly immature - in fact far from it - and they are not infant minds or inferior human beings. But they have a youthful fragileness to them; a sweet and humble spirit about them, which the soundtrack catches nicely. It is almost like if the lullaby was suddenly a love tune... dreamy and innocent in its own way... kind of like our two main characters.*

And what wonderful acting from those two - especially Betsy Blair spoke to me. She was like her own little light and her smile made that light shine even brighter. She looked like someone that couldn't even hurt a fly and together with Ernest Borgnine's big and warm character their magic just flew off the screen. Short, sweet, simple and wonderful. I enjoyed this one plenty.

Just watched Terms of Endearment and it really hit me, the last time I cried like that when watching a film was Dead Man Walking.

The Cranes Are Flying -
+ (This rating is sponsored by Daniel M)

This sounded the most interesting of the last four films to show up on the countdown, it also seemed like something i was in the mood for and it turned out to be very good. I'm not really good at explaining why i liked how a film looked but i did think this was beautifully shot. Georgeous cinematography and i especially loved the creative use of camera angles. One thing that didn't work for me much was the score, i don't know why but it just didn't feel like it fit certain scenes well. I liked that this was an examination of the impact someone going off to war has on the people around him. I really feel that this could have been made about any country, it is interesting that even though there's many major differences between countries we really all did share similar experiences. Very powerful films with good performances particularly Tatiana Samoilova. I think that a lot of the members here would really like this. It wouldn't have made my list but it wouldn't have been far off.

Home Alone lol 5 of 5 obviously!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
If I sponsored it, it would've been higher!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Some Came Running (1958)

+

This probably would have made my 50's list. Frank Sinatra is the headliner, and he was a revelation for me. I thought he was much better than even his Oscar winning turn in From Here to Eternity. He's not alone; it's a deep cast with many interesting characters that have some sort of inner conflict. Best of all, it's got an ending that will stay with me.

I have to return some videotapes...
My So-Called Life (1994-1995) -

Really great show, the whole cast is perfect and Claire Danes is incredible. Strongly suggest you check it out if your a fan.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
The Railway Man (2013)

A pretty dark picture. Well presented, nicely cast and not too long. I especially liked how they very neatly condensed all the love story aspects into the first 15 minutes, before the mental anguish began.

Just watched Terms of Endearment and it really hit me, the last time I cried like that when watching a film was Dead Man Walking.
d*mn I'm disappointed I though the last time you cried was while watching Batman V Superman ??

You're rocking to much today Derek, you remind me of Steven Tyler.

When I watched Ciaran Foy's masterpiece Sinister 2 I almost cried also I must admit.
Since the day I've seen Sinister 2 I cannot stop thinking about how it's better than Titanic... the only problem is that Sinister 2 is a piece of cr*p...

Crazy, crazy, crazy I go craaazy. Hoooooooney I feel like the color blue, I'm losing my mind because I'm going craaaaaaaaazy.

Kate Winslet's **** »»»» Ciaran Foy's career.

Crazy, crazy, crazy I go craaazy. Hoooooooney I feel like the color blue, I'm losing my mind because I'm going craaaaaaaaazy.

Kate Winslet's **** »»»» Ciaran Foy's career.
I cannot denied that.... hahahahahaha