Luka's Movie Reviews

→ in
Tools    

Zoolander 2 (2016)

Story: Derek and Hansel are lured into modeling again, in Rome, where they find themselves the target of a sinister conspiracy.

I was kind of excited to see another Zoolander movie as the first one was kind of fun and it really showed and made fun of the Fashion/Modelling industry, this movie did that again pretty well but thats the only thing that worked besides a few laughs. I kind of liked Hansel (Owen Wilson) but he was not nearly as good as in the first movie, Derek (Ben Stiller) well kind of average. You can see in the movie some famous people and celebrites from many diffrent sides but with small roles and some appear only for a scene or two. The story is pretty bad ... For people who didnt saw the first movie you may enjoy it but if you saw the first one then you will be dissapointed.

Reccomendation: No if you saw the first movie, if you didnt you might like it.
Move Link (IMDb)

Nice reviews there, and I appreciate that you're watching some comedies, something that's lacking a little on this site. I plan on watching Dirty Grandpa and Zoolander 2.

Nice reviews there, and I appreciate that you're watching some comedies, something that's lacking a little on this site. I plan on watching Dirty Grandpa and Zoolander 2.
Thanks, ill watch more comedies soon just need to make a list for myself what i will see. I hope you will enjoy those two movies

Dr. No (1962)

Story: A resourceful British government agent seeks answers in a case involving the disappearance of a colleague and the disruption of the American space program.

The beggining of one of the sucsesfull franchises. The first James Bond movie a pretty good openeing for it and a nice way to unveal what the viewers could see in the future movies and get the basic feel of it. Sean Connery did good and he fitted good for the Bond role. Honey Ryder as the Bond girl wasnt really that good, i found here in some scenes pretty bad actually and that really turned a bad mood on me and the whole movie, her charather wasnt the brightest one but i didnt mind to much about that. The action, stunt, intense scenes were perfect for Its time and all the praise to everyone of acomplishing them, it really fitted well that some of todays movie cant capture the simplicity and not overdoing things or just plain action and nothing else with explosions. The vilian Dr. No wasnt really that bad that i expected him to be. Overall a pretty good opening for the Bond movies but with all the things said before i still kind of didnt like it as much as i wish i could.

Reccomendation: Yes a good opening for the Bond movies
Move Link (IMDb)

From Russia with Love (1963)

Story: James Bond willingly falls into an assassination ploy involving a naive Russian beauty in order to retrieve a Soviet encryption device that was stolen by SPECTRE.

Continoung of a good opening of the Bond movies. From Russia with Love was better in many ways than the first Bond movie and really captured allot of many things that the first didnt. I liked the story way more than i did the first one. Sean Connery improved well in this movie from the first one and soo far what i have seen he is doing great, i still havent seen allot of other Bond movies and i plan on seeing them all and reviewing them. The scenary was good in this movie and we can see some pretty nice shots for the eye and some famous sites. The Bond weapons and gadgets were pretty nice to see and were fun how we played with them around. Miss Moneypenny got a little more of her on screen time and a proved a bit i think (Lois Maxwell). Action, stunts, intense scenes were way better than in the first one. Tatiana (Daniela Bianchi) was very good and i really liked her for work and her charather, Kerim Bey (Pedro Armendáriz ) was another good actor to point out and the whole family thing of his was interesting to see. Torwards the ending and the ending were perfect.

Reccomendation: Yes
Move Link (IMDb)

The Big Lebowski (1998)

Story: "The Dude" Lebowski, mistaken for a millionaire Lebowski, seeks restitution for his ruined rug and enlists his bowling buddies to help get it.

The Big Lebowski well not quite what i expected and got left with a overrated movie imo. The charathers were fine at some points but when i thought this might actually work and be good i get handed over right again. The story goes the same or even worse. I pretty much didnt like anything about it, maybe Walter Sobchak (John Goodman) was good at a few points but thats pretty much it. I would like to hear others opinion on it.

Reccomendation: No overrated
Move Link (IMDb)

Welcome to my side of the fence.

The acting was good but Micheal Keaton (Batman) didnt give me a something good performance by my opinion on the other hand Jack Nicholson (Joker/Jack Napier) was just perfect for his role. Jack never dissapoints me with his movies. The scenary was ok but nothing special. The story of the movie is pretty straight forward and entertaining.
I liked your review, though I wish you would consider a re-watch, and give Keaton another chance...I think he underplays this role beautifully, giving Bruce Wayne and Batman a nice air of mystery and making Nicholson's performance even more larger than life than it is.

I liked your review, though I wish you would consider a re-watch, and give Keaton another chance...I think he underplays this role beautifully, giving Bruce Wayne and Batman a nice air of mystery and making Nicholson's performance even more larger than life than it is.
Thanks, i will give it another watch when i will have time ...

Gods of Egypt(2016)

Story: Mortal hero Bek teams with the god Horus in an alliance against Set, the merciless god of darkness, who has usurped Egypt's throne, plunging the once peaceful and prosperous empire into chaos and conflict

I didnt expect allot from this movie and actually it was better than i thought it would be. If i compare it to a recent movie i saw The Big Lebowski was this way more fun. This movie couldnt actually be so bad but there should be many things properly done or replaced that it would work. The story is bad and predictiable. The movie keeps draging from a few ocurrences that could easily end the movie. Allot of the scenes were predictiable you could just know what could happen next. The envoirment and the scenary was sometimes very good looking and nice but allot of the times was overdone. Some of the action and andventure scenes very pretty good. The acting wasnt good. The accents from the actors were very weird and didnt really do great. Overall not good but if you dont have anything to watch its still better than nothing.

Reccomendation: No, unless you dont have anything good to watch ...
Move Link (IMDb)

Zootopia/Zootropolis (2016)

Story: In a city of anthropomorphic animals, a rookie bunny cop and a cynical con artist fox must work together to uncover a conspiracy.

Wow ... what a movie, never expected that animated or Disney movies could be soo good in many ways and show many other things that you dont expect them to. I had good hopes for it as seeing good reviews and ratings of them everywhere and it came even better out than i thought it would. First off to say the way the movie looks and the scenary, envoirment and the charathers are really well made and fun. Allot of charathers have their own story, we dont like see it all of them but they have and its interesting how their lives evolve and change. The voices of the charathers are very good and suitable. There is pretty much to talk about charathers so i wont cover it as i think it will ruin the movie if you havent watched yet as everyone of them is unique and fun. The story might not get you from the beggining of the movie but as it evolves it gets better and it has a little twist, which is pretty nice. The movie has a few messages to tell us viewers and i think every viewer will recognise them. I never expected overall that this kind of movie would be that good and i reccomend it to all ranges of ages to watch it.

Reccomendation: Yes
Move Link (IMDb)

The Big Lebowski (1998)

Story: "The Dude" Lebowski, mistaken for a millionaire Lebowski, seeks restitution for his ruined rug and enlists his bowling buddies to help get it.

The Big Lebowski well not quite what i expected and got left with a overrated movie imo. The charathers were fine at some points but when i thought this might actually work and be good i get handed over right again. The story goes the same or even worse. I pretty much didnt like anything about it, maybe Walter Sobchak (John Goodman) was good at a few points but thats pretty much it. I would like to hear others opinion on it.

Reccomendation: No overrated
Move Link (IMDb)

You asked for other opinions, I agree with you, the movie is overrated. I reviewed it and gave it a similar rating.
My review of The Big Lebowski

You asked for other opinions, I agree with you, the movie is overrated. I reviewed it and gave it a similar rating.
My review of The Big Lebowski
I gave a look at your review its pretty on spot and thanks for stoping by my thread

Knight of Cups (2015)

Story: A writer indulging in all that Los Angeles and Las Vegas has to offer undertakes a search for love and self via a series of adventures with six different women.

I took a break from movies and writing the reviews for some time ... allot of stuff has been going on and i havent really had the time and i really didnt see any movies for some time. I had Knight of Cups on my list for a long time and finally gave it a watch. I dont think i watched something like this and it was pretty interesting, they took a pretty diffrent aproach to the movie and i liked it. Antonio Banderas (Tonio) i think he really nailed his part of and gave some pretty good lines out there about many things. Acting was good and the story was like in beetween. I really liked the diffrent women he approaches and their adventures. Ill proboably give this movie a rewatch as i felt i quite didnt fully get the movie and my thought isnt still qutie on point it with it. I think this movie really isnt for everyone.

Reccomendation: Give it a try not for everyone
Move Link (IMDb)

First Blood (1982)

Story: Former Green Beret John Rambo is pursued into the mountains surrounding a small town by a tyrannical sheriff and his deputies, forcing him to survive using his combat skills.

After seeing Knight of Cups i had to give something diffrent to see as Knight of Cups got me in a bad mood. I havent actually seen Rambo for a long time and it was so much fun i might even go ahead and watch all of the Rambo movies. Amazing story and everything else as well. Sylvester Stallone (Rambo) couldnt be better, Richard Crenna (Trautman) was really good too and others with smaller roles did good too but not as these two. The forrest scenes were real fun and the bike chase. The movie almoust got a 5 out of 5 but as much as i want to give it still doesnt reach to some other movie.

Reccomendation: Yes a must watch
Move Link (IMDb)

First Blood isn't Rambo. It's First Blood. Rather than watch the rest of the series, just watch First Blood a few more times.

First Blood isn't Rambo. It's First Blood. Rather than watch the rest of the series, just watch First Blood a few more times.
The titles in the series are really messed up aren't they?

First Blood and Rambo (or John Rambo) are brilliant.

Ill proboably see the rest as i didnt see them in a long time, i will just save first blood for some other time

That's how I feel; First Blood is brilliant while the rest are useless.

First Blood Part II (1985)

Story: John Rambo is released from prison by the government for a top-secret covert mission to the last place on Earth he'd want to return - the jungles of Vietnam.

I just went ahead and watched the second part and i will proboably see the other movies in the series as well. It actually wasnt that bad that i expected it to be it was quite watchable but not in any range that it could compare itself to the first movie. The story was predictiable. Acting was a little worse i think but i think Sylvester Stallone (Rambo) improved on some of his points and showed a diffrent part of the charather. The action scenes were pretty good but nothing out the average that would impress me. A watchable movie what can i say but dont expect it to be anything compared to the first as you will be dissapointed.

Reccomendation: Yes still watchable but nothing compared to the first one.
Move Link (IMDb)