Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Written on the Wind (1956)

-

I had this on my watchlist for the 50's countdown due to it's inclusion on Ebert's great movies list. When I found that it was in Daniel's top 10, I made it a priority.

This started out like a classic love triangle involving characters played by Rock Hudson, Lauren Bacall, and Robert Stack. The movie had an elegant and classy feel, but then it got a little dark. The arrival of a 4th main character played by blonde bombshell Dorothy Malone adds some serious spice to the movie. I don't want to spoil the movie, but I'll say some main themes are alcoholism, promiscuity, and jealousy. All of the 4 main actors do a very fine job making their characters enjoyable to watch. The movie looks great, has a nice musical score, and all that other good stuff.

I put this on my note page entitled "contenders for the 50's list." I thought it was terrific and would feel pretty good recommending it to anyone here.

^ I ADORE this movie

Carol (2015)

Unregistered User
Moby Dick (1956) -

Wolf Children (2012) -
+
The Art of Conflict (2012) -

The Big Short (2015) -

Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer (1964) -

Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Movie (1979) -
+

Unregistered User
Firstly, I thought overall it was a well made movie. All the performances are great, Steve Carrel in particular and I found the story really well told. Truthfully, I did find it quite complex at times and on more than one occasion had to rewind it back to figure out what was going on. As someone who has struggled a bit with property and finance (I own two houses with one more or less paying the other) I did find the subject matter quite infuriating and although that was kind of the point it was making, I still found it a difficult movie to like more than my personal circumstances can allow it.

Truth hurts I suppose.

Finally caught Black Mass.

It was good, and Johnny Depp's best film in years, and Joel Edgerton was great. Probably a 3/5 film, but considering the vast majority of Johnny Depp's post 1990s catalogue, this is up there with the best he's done in almost a couple of decades.

Rashômon (1950)

Big Deal on Madonna Street (1958)

All About Eve (1950)

Variety Lights (1950)

I Vitelloni (1953)

In a Lonely Place (1950)
A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Shutter island (2010) - 8.5/10
This movie was simply amazing and mind boggling but it wasnt as good as some other movies that amazed me more than this so i think it doesnt deserve an 9 at least. Dicaprio was amazing as allways. This movie will play with you till the end and keep you entertained and maybe some people wont understand it. This is a must watch and let the movie play with you.

Care for some gopher?
20,000 Leagues under the Sea (Richard Fleischer, 1954) -
+

Written on the Wind (1956)

-

I had this on my watchlist for the 50's countdown due to it's inclusion on Ebert's great movies list. When I found that it was in Daniel's top 10, I made it a priority.

This started out like a classic love triangle involving characters played by Rock Hudson, Lauren Bacall, and Robert Stack. The movie had an elegant and classy feel, but then it got a little dark. The arrival of a 4th main character played by blonde bombshell Dorothy Malone adds some serious spice to the movie. I don't want to spoil the movie, but I'll say some main themes are alcoholism, promiscuity, and jealousy. All of the 4 main actors do a very fine job making their characters enjoyable to watch. The movie looks great, has a nice musical score, and all that other good stuff.

I put this on my note page entitled "contenders for the 50's list." I thought it was terrific and would feel pretty good recommending it to anyone here.
It should be mentioned that Malone won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar for this film.

Exposed

I can't remember I time I have watched more garbage than this movie. The story chops around like a bad day at sea and all the characters are pretty much unlikable. If it wasn't for the lead female (Ana De Armas) which was somewhat ok she quote attractive and good to look at. Keanu Reeves brought he A game monotone performance and he looks like he finally aged 20 years since John Wick. It was hard to understand what was going on and without spoiling anything it was so disjointed. The script was weak and it was a waste of decent actors. I dont recommend this movie unless you feel like gouging your eyes out!

0.5/5 Stars

Nice review s1n1st3r, an entertaining read. If I ever feel suicidal I'll be sure to watch Exposed to motivate myself to finish the job. You should proof read your post though. There's a lot of typos.

Nice review s1n1st3r, an entertaining read. If I ever feel suicidal I'll be sure to watch Exposed to motivate myself to finish the job. You should proof read your post though. There's a lot of typos.
Yeah I was in a bit of a rush and am at work at the moment, but yeah stay away

Ana de Armas and Keanu Reeves made another movie together? And it's even worse than Knock Knock? You're much stronger than I am for sitting through that.

Ana de Armas and Keanu Reeves made another movie together? And it's even worse than Knock Knock? You're much stronger than I am for sitting through that.
I was slipping in and out of a coma while doing so

This film made £88 on it's opening weekend in the UK. That's not a typo. Eighty-eight pounds. He didn't have the worst weekend, though, as Richard Gere's The Benefactor made even less! £25.

There might be an explanation as to why Exposed did so poorly, though.

The original story of ‘Exposed’ was more of a surreal bi-lingual drama, reminiscent of ‘Pan’s Labyrinth’ and ‘Irreversible’. But Lionsgate Studios thought they had bought a Keanu Reeves cop-thriller… and made adjustments to the movie to make it far more mainstream.

During the editing process, Lionsgate shifted the focus onto Keanu’s detective… resulting in a more generic crime-thriller than was originally intended.

And the film’s dual release in cinemas as well as video-on-demand couldn’t have helped.
https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/post/141...-makes-just-88