Young Hannibal

Tools    

Looks like the Hannibal Lecter fad that began in 2001 isn't dead yet....

New Movie to Feature Hannibal Lecter's Childhood

CANNES, France (Reuters) - Hannibal Lecter is to take to take to the screen again in a new film that will track the cannibal killer from childhood.

"The Lecter Variation: The Story of Young Hannibal Lecter" is now being mapped out by his creator Thomas Harris.

Producer Dino de Laurentiis said four actors will be needed to play Hannibal at the ages of 12, 16, 20 and 25 in a film that will trace his childhood in Lithuania through his teenage years in Paris to his arrival in the United States.

"Lecter was born into a very rich family but the war destroyed it and killed his parents," De Laurentiis told the trade paper Screen International for its special edition at the Cannes Film festival on Wednesday.

"He was left with his sister with whom he had a very close relationship," the producer said, giving a glimpse into the plot line for Lecter, brought to life on screen by Anthony Hopkins.

I See You When You're Sleeping
I will watch it but i feel this all should of ended at 'Hannibal'.

'Red Dragon' was poor beyond belief and wasn't a touch on 'Man Hunter'.

Having read all of the Harris books, I eagerly anticipate the book before the movie.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I thought Red Dragon was awesome. And Hannibal should've been the end, but then again that would require them doing the correct ending.

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
I kinda like the idea of Young Hannibal...I guess it is going to feature him as a 10 year old to the age of 18...

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

We'll get to see him take a bite out of someone with braces on his teeth!

Hello fellow members. As a Hannibal fan I feel that most of you are being far too harsh on the movie franchise. Hannibal the movie was a wonderfully slick and stylish thriller that did its predecessor proud. Red Dragon, on a similar note, recaptured the magic of the Silence of the Lambs and was ten times the movie Manhunter was. We have seen no real resolution for the good doctor as yet and I'm sure you'll all agree that he deserves some sort of closure. So fare what we've heard is that The Lecter Variation well be another prequel, giving us a glimpse into the life of the childhood traumas that Hannibal Lecter endured. Don't be so sure that's all that will be dealt with. Although only speculation, my own opinion is that the first hour or so of the movie will plot his childhood, teen years and early manhood. However, then I imagine the film will fast forward through the man's life to date, leaving us where we left off at the end of Hannibal (enter Clarice, Will, Barney etc). What I predict is that The Lecter Variation will act as both a prequel and a sequel at the same time, rounding off a superb series of movies. Mark my words, this one will give the filmmakers plenty of exercise!

I agree with Hannibal... I haven't been one to watch those movies I think only one I actually went to see was Red Dragon.... and it was good as far as I could tell not much into those nasty type of things but it was interesting.... I think it would also be interesting to see how he ended up like this what led him to feed on human flesh...

I wonder what really intices a person to want to eat humans?

"Resident Evil 2:Apocolypse" Mila Jovavich
"Phone Booth" Colin Ferrel, Keifer Sutherland (2003)
"Pay it Forward" Haley Joel Osmond, Helen Hunt(2000)
"American Wedding" Jason Biggs, Alyson Hannigan(2003)
"Dogma" Ben Affleck, Matt Damon(1999)
"LOTR" 1,2 & 3 Vigo Mortenison, Elijah Wood (2002-2003)
"Thirteen" Holly Hunter, Nikkie Reed (2004)

At last, a supporting reply! Well Miss RedQueen83, I shall tell you what makes a person want to feast on human flesh. When Hannibal Lecter was a child living in Lithuania, his town was attacked by Nazis who killed his parents and held all the children in prison camps. One day, and I hope I'm not spoiling the story for you, the Nazis came for Hannibal, aged about 7, and felt him to see yhow much fat was on his body. All the local deer had run out and the soldiers were starving, the children being the next best thing. Hannibal was lacking in substance, so they did the same to his sister with the result that she was going to satisfy their hunger. In his mind, as you can imagine, hit was his fault. The last thing Hannibal saw, through a crack in the hut they were all being kept in, was his sister being led through the snow by the soldiers to 'play'. The last thing he heard was the axe drop on her neck. It's a harrowing tale and apparently similar events have occured. As a result of this Hannibal had fount that the only way he is able to convey his haterid for a man is to eat him, as he was taught as a child. This information was in the novel Hannibal.

As you can see, the Hannibal Lecter films are a great passion of mine and if you've got any questions for me... well that'd be just swell!

Wow you would think that something like that would turn a person away from eating human flesh I mean I would want to live a life of Solitude anyway from anyone who could possibly think of doing something like to me.. I would generally be afraid of the same thing happening to me....

I See You When You're Sleeping
There's a rumour going around that Macaulay Culkin may play the young Hannibal Lecter.

Oh, gimme a break! How's he gonna research for the part? Ask his old friend Michael Jackson if he's got any nose left he could eat.

BTW, what's with Macauley Culkin playing psychopaths anyway? He just did Party Monster, playing that Michael Alig character. The Advocate has a story about it in their issue, I think, and on the front cover it says "Macauley Culkin: Homo Alone". What a riot.

and how about The Good Son what a friggin creepy kid I'm not surprised that with all the disturbing parts he takes he hasn't really become a phsyco himself! seriously what a freak!!!!

Delirious and deluded
When I first read this post, I thought the movie would be a bad idea. But the more I think about it, the more I like it.

I'd see it.