B-Movie HoF

Tools    

Woody Allen is a pedophille
Humanoids From the Deep
I enjoyed this film, but not in the way I was hoping to. The film was not funny-bad like Miami Connection or Hard Ticket to Hawaii, it was a different kind of B-Movie. I haven't seen many creature features, and I think this is a good introduction. This film had all of the tropes, and did them quite well. That being said I was only thoroughly entertained during the climax at the end of the film, the rest was slightly boring. That being said I did have fun watching this movie, and might consider watching it again with some buddies.

Quality Rating:
+
Entertainment Rating:
-

Since have less than a month left, I have started tallying all of the movies that each of you have seen, and I came up with a total list, can you guys let me know if any of these numbers are incorrect.

Swan: 5/8
Cricket: 8/8
The Gunslinger45: 8/8
AboveTheClouds: 5/8
TheUsualSuspect: 3/8
Ursaguy: 4/8
Derek Vinyard: 1/8

I have actually seen five - Blood Feast, Humanoids, Miami Connection, Ghost Ship, and Toxic Avenger.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Derek Vinyard has dropped out, so Ghost Ship is now DISQUALIFIED
I was just going to watch it too...

Suspect's Reviews

Humanoids From the Deep
I enjoyed this film, but not in the way I was hoping to. The film was not funny-bad like Miami Connection or Hard Ticket to Hawaii, it was a different kind of B-Movie
Humanoids is a proper exploitation B-movie, whereas Miami Connection (I've not seen Hard TIcket To Hawaii) is a cheaply, poorly made film. They're both entertaining, though Humanoids is much more my thing.

Hard Ticket to Hawaii

If these films have anything going for them to make them click, it's pure enjoyment, pure entertainment. That's my problem with this. It's a perfect B-Movie, so, so bad, and a great nomination for this HoF. But I found it a struggle to get through. I just wasn't really into the story. Thankfully, I think the filmmakers had someone like me in mind, and that's why boobs are always coming out. Boobs out of nowhere!

Since have less than a month left, I have started tallying all of the movies that each of you have seen, and I came up with a total list, can you guys let me know if any of these numbers are incorrect.

Swan: 5/8
Cricket: 8/8
The Gunslinger45: 8/8
AboveTheClouds: 5/8
TheUsualSuspect: 3/8
Ursaguy: 4/8
Derek Vinyard: 1/8
I guess this should be out of 6 because we don't watch our own nomination and Ghost Ship was disqualified.

Humanoids From The Deep:

Very enjoyable experience. Nice creature feature, fun gore effects and sex scenes throughout. It doesn't stand out much from the 80s monster movie genre (kill the men, rape the women, graphic violence and sex, bad ADR, etc.), and for me personally being original/creative goes a long way in rating a B-movie. There's a very odd subplot about land ownership that was kind of hard to follow and never got a definitive conclusion.

Due date is tomorrow! I have heard from everyone who has not yet sent in a list besides ATC. I hope he will be able to finish in time, but it looks like we might go over.

The Exterminator

Maybe my least favourite of the bunch. It just didn't seem to have any charm that a lot of the b-movies in this HoF have. It fit the gritty action requirements perfectly though. A more sleazy "Death Proof" where our vigilante must clean the streets of New York.

Thumbs up for the violence, thumbs down for the poorer than average directing.