Song Tournament 14

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Old Swan is the best

gbg I'm not dropping out just you people that vote against The Wings should be really ashame

and btw take Example on Swan he vote godd*mn well. Props bro !

I'm glad that you're not dropping out. I may not be a fan of your nominations, but you should still stay in the tournament.

I should be ashamed for being able to enjoy some decent R&B?

Not saying "Jet" is a bad song though.
We all know "Monica" is an anagram for "The Wings Suck".

Derek, I told you -- you're good at this game, like I am -- if you wanted to win, you could have picked MUCH better songs. Instead, you threw all those All That Remains water bombs (water bombs... they were more like ATOMIC bombs) at us.

I don't think you really wanted to win this time.
What the matter of winning anymore? I'm like Tom Brady who cares If I win another one I got a bunch already and I'm just waiting for the 2000's song tournament...

This one was like a practice for me

This one was like a practice for me
I completely understand. That's how I think of it, too. The times I don't win are merely testing periods.

I was thinking overly-sensitive, but you could go with that too.

You can't be so sensitive when you put your favorite songs out there. Sometimes they only lose because they're just up against a better song, not because people don't like them.

I chose a bunch of different stuff to nominate this tournament, and several of my nominations have been decided in tie-breakers. That's pretty good for me, even if they lose.

I should be ashamed for being able to enjoy some decent R&B?

Edit- Not saying "Jet" is a bad song though.
R&B signification for me is headache.... for you metalcore signification is headache so WE ALL AGREE TO DISAGREE

You can't be so sensitive when you put your favorite songs out there. Sometimes they only lose because they're just up against a better song, not because people don't like them.

I chose a bunch of different stuff to nominate this tournament, and several of my nominations have been decided in tie-breakers. That's pretty good for me, even if they lose.
Yeah I'm less and less worried about this stuff every day. It's just fun and games.

Master of My Domain
I have been testing in every single tourney so far except the 10th one. I tried real hard to win that time.

Derek buddy, forget that metalcore stuff and start listening to some grindcore.

GB has a right to complain. The only time she won (TV Show Theme Song Tournament), I was so repulsed by the song (the theme song to Rawhide, of all things), that I forced everyone to pick a second winner just to satisfy myself.

Derek buddy, forget that metalcore stuff and start listening to some grindcore.
Dying Fetus is one of my favorite band Swan I already listen to Grindcore

GB has a right to complain. The only time she won (TV Show Theme Song Tournament), I was so repulsed by the song (the theme song to Rawhide, of all things), that I forced everyone to pick a second winner just to satisfy myself.

I remember that, and I wasn't upset because my song didn't win. I was upset because it wasn't given a fair chance. I'd rather lose in a fair fight than win by cheating. (Apparently you don't agree with that though.)

But I'm not complaining. I just enjoy playing in these tournaments. I get to hear music that I would never hear without them. There may be a bunch of songs that I don't like, but I find a bunch of good songs every tournament too.

I'm glad GB joins. I'm not too familiar with country music so every time she nominates something in that genre is another chance for me to be exposed to it. One of these days, I'll explore the genre a bit more.

Dying Fetus aint grindcore! They're technical death metal!
they can be considered Grindcore... many people consider Dying Fetus a Grindcore band

they can be considered Grindcore... many people consider Dying Fetus a Grindcore band
I see. I'll admit I'm not too familiar with them.

I'm glad GB joins. I'm not too familiar with country music so every time she nominates something in that genre is another chance for me to be exposed to it. One of these days, I'll explore the genre a bit more.

The last tournament I nominated almost all country songs, but this tournament only two of my noms are country songs. I usually listen to more slow and sad country music, but I can nominate some more upbeat country songs in future tournaments too.

I guess my votes are still needed:

Culture Club - I'll Tumble 4 Ya vs Beck - Loser

The Stone Roses - I Wanna Be Adored vs Christina Aguilera "Beautiful"

Europe- Rock The Night vs All That Remains - This Calling

James Darren - Let There Be Love vs The B-52's - Love Shack

ROUND 1 - DAY 6

Los Lobos & Gipsy Kings - La Bamba
vs Dragonaut - Sleep

3 Doors Down- Kryptonite vs Westlife "You Raise Me Up"

Pink Floyd – Welcome to the Machine vs Percy Sledge - When a Man Loves a Woman

The Ronettes - Be My Baby vs Tool – Schism

Neil Diamond - Let Me Take You in My Arms Again vs Don Henley-Dirty Laundry

Paul McCartney & Wings - Jet vs Angel Of Mine - Monica

Motorhead - The Game vs Evanescence "Bring Me to Life"

Daniel Powter "Bad Day" vs Frank Zappa – Willie the Pimp

Judy Garland & Fred Astaire - Couple of Swells vs Thin Lizzy - Róisín Dubh (Black Rose): A Rock Legend

Tone Lōc - Funky Cold Medina vs Roy Brown - Mighty, Mighty Man

Howard Jones - What Is Love vs Thin Lizzy - The Boys are Back in Town

Sophie Ellis-Bextor – Murder on the Dancefloor vs Spleen United - Gold Ring

The Animen - My Pretty Ballerina vs Nelly ft. Kelly Rowland "Dilemma"

Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling vs Glenn Frey - The Heat Is On

Nickelback- Hero vs Take That "Rule the World"
Damn - I like both of these... Yeah I like Nickelback

Felix Da Housecat (feat. Miss Kittin) - Silver Screen Shower Scene vs Duran Duran-Union of the Snake

ROUND 1 - DAY 6

Los Lobos & Gipsy Kings - La Bamba vs Dragonaut - Sleep

3 Doors Down- Kryptonite vs Westlife "You Raise Me Up"

Pink Floyd – Welcome to the Machine vs Percy Sledge - When a Man Loves a Woman

The Ronettes - Be My Baby vs Tool – Schism

Neil Diamond - Let Me Take You in My Arms Again vs Don Henley-Dirty Laundry

Paul McCartney & Wings - Jet vs Angel Of Mine - Monica

Motorhead - The Game vs Evanescence "Bring Me to Life"

Daniel Powter "Bad Day" vs Frank Zappa – Willie the Pimp

Judy Garland & Fred Astaire - Couple of Swells vs Thin Lizzy - Róisín Dubh (Black Rose): A Rock Legend

Tone Lōc - Funky Cold Medina vs Roy Brown - Mighty, Mighty Man

Howard Jones - What Is Love vs Thin Lizzy - The Boys are Back in Town

Sophie Ellis-Bextor – Murder on the Dancefloor vs Spleen United - Gold Ring

The Animen - My Pretty Ballerina vs Nelly ft. Kelly Rowland "Dilemma"

Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling vs Glenn Frey - The Heat Is On

Nickelback- Hero vs Take That "Rule the World"

Felix Da Housecat (feat. Miss Kittin) - Silver Screen Shower Scene vs Duran Duran-Union of the Snake