Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Halloween: 35th Anniversary Edition

Near the exact same, except the color in the day scenes are a little dull. Probably to sell the whole fall thing. It makes it look bad. Elsewise the rest of the movie is the same.

Paparazzi (2004) - 4/10

Had potential but the bad acting and anti-climatic death scenes ended up making it medicore - I can see why it got all those bad reviews now.

The scene with the gun planted in the coat pocket probably made the least sense - how would the hero have known that he would stop, reach in his pocket and pull the gun out within sight of the police - only pure luck could've made that happen.

I'd also say the motive of the bad guys was hard to swallow - why they were so insistent on following that specific celebrity around, even after he was giving them trouble, doesn't make a lot of sense when you think about it; it's not like he's the only celebrity in Hollywood.

Finished here. It's been fun.

The Birds
-

In all honesty, I'm not even sure why it took me this long to view this movie. I thought it was great. One of Hitchock's very best.

Watched the last week:

Vertigo
(he looks more like her dad than her lover, the last scene was lame!)
Star Wars
(plastic models looks awful, dark vader's mask is transparent at points)
Seven Samurai
(black and white!, how can someone what it without color?, too slow as well, Bourne Supremacy has way better pacing)
Lawrence of Arabia
(slow, long, boring, all bad)
Casablanca
(boring and black and white)
Fanny and Alexander
(its just some annoying brats for 5 hours)
Alexander (2004)
(epic!)

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Of Human Hearts - 7/10

Nice film about a minister, his wife and son who move to a new community.. The father is strict but principled, and the son is rebellious but also selfish. The mother tries to be the perfect medium.. Very good film.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Notorious (Alfred Hitchcock, 1946)

Not the finest Hitch, in my opinion. The romance is built way too quickly and the climax is so short it can hardly be called a climax.
Ingrid Bergman and Cary Grant are amazing, there's not 2 other actors I'd cast here! There's of course some really great direction moments, in particular the last 2 minutes, I just wished the tension was built in a more continuous way and the climax was a bit longer.
I keep having better experiences with colour Hitchock movies, don't know why!

-

If anyone by any chance are not getting it, Godfather 1 and 2 are masterpieces in my book, obviously - especially the first.

The third I didn't hate last time I saw it, but I've only seen it once and I have a feeling it won't be good with a rewatch. Point is though, it hasn't got nothing on the first two.

Watched the last week:

Vertigo
Star Wars
Seven Samurai
(black and white!, how can someone what it without color?, too slow as well, Bourne Supremacy has way better pacing)
Lawrence of Arabia
Casablanca
Fanny and Alexander
Alexander (2004)
(epic!)

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Watched the last week:

Vertigo
Star Wars
Seven Samurai
Lawrence of Arabia
Casablanca
Fanny and Alexander
Alexander (2004)
(epic!)
I agree with the reviews for Lawrence of Arabia and Fanny and Alexander... I'm not a fan of Hitchcock (gave him plenty of chances), Vertigo isn't that bad.. I liked Seven Samurai too.. Didn't see the others.

I agree with the reviews for Lawrence of Arabia and Fanny and Alexander... I'm not a fan of Hitchcock (gave him plenty of chances), Vertigo isn't that bad.. I liked Seven Samurai too.. Didn't see the others.