Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Night and the City (1950)
That's a bummer. The movie rocks. One of my favourite noirs ever.

Chef 6.75/10

Black mass 9/10

Sicario 7.75/10

Finished here. It's been fun.

The Human Condition Part I: No Greater Love

Lives up to my expectations, but doesn't exceed them. I'll be seeking out the other two parts over the next few months.

Woody Allen is a pedophille
The Score (2001) - Frank Oz
I've always wanted to see this film because it has two of my favorite actors in it (DeNiro, Norton) but never got around to it. I will defiantly check it out.
The Gift (2015) - Joel Edgerton
I agree that this film is amazing, not enough people saw it.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
+1 for a movie with David Lee Roth in it.

p.s.

If that's not him, please don't ruin it for me.

Once again it was movie night with my girlfriend. And another movie she has never seen. She is a big fan of fantasy books, so I showed her this. Before the LOTR movies and when fantasy flicks usually bombed, there was Conan the Barbarian! Which was one of the better sword and sorcery flicks of the day. And it had Arnie in it. I have loved this movie for a long time. And the GF liked it too.

Beauty and the Beast (1991)
rewatch

Actually the second time this year that I watch this wonderful film...

Still as marvelous and magical as ever, full of stunning animation, impressive pans, playful directing and great songs. The story remains one of Disney's most grounded and touching and it holds up extremely well even for today. It also may be the closets Disney ever got to feel like a true heartfelt drama and not "just" an animated movie.

Whatever the case might be, this is always a pleasant revisit...

I like movies about junkies / drug addicts (:

Four Words: Requiem For A Dream.

Farmhouse (2008)

A married couple hits the road after some hard times. After they crash their vehicle, they end up at the farm house of a couple played by Kelly Hu and Steven Weber. The hosts seem pretty nice at first, but of course they have a dark side.

This movie tries to make something a little different of a standard plot. For the most part it works, although I think the ending could've been handled better. There's some decent dark humor and a fantastic supporting performance by a cheese grater.

Unrelated Kelly Hu pic-

Monkey Business (Howard Hawks, 1952)

I was feeling a bit down so I decided to watch a Howard Hawks comedy, and this was one of his few major films that I had not seen yet. Really absurd at times, "Not yet Cary" and similar lines evoke future silly comedies such as the Zucker brothers' works, and there are many scenes that are hilarious. Quite dark and cynical at times too, an interesting look at an "ageing" relationship. A great mixture of ingredients (pun, for those who have seen the film) that massively enjoyed.