Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
We will soon find out anyways.

I'm trying to think of great superhero vs supervillain battles on screen that have really been great. Or even Superhero vs superhero fights.

Superman 2 was good although you have to get past the 1980 effects.

Frankly and I'm being totally honest here the Nolan Batman vs Raz Al Ghul, Joker and Bane fights have all been by far the most gripping, dramatic edge of seat enjoyable contests.

To be fair to Avengers 2, Hulk Buster vs Hulk was the highlight of the film.

X-Men has always been good for mutant vs mutant fights. Prof X vs Dark Phoenix in X3 comes to mind, and perhaps Wolverine vs that chick with same powers in 2.

Any others have been high on CGI and just boring to watch.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
We will soon find out anyways.

I'm trying to think of great superhero vs supervillain battles on screen that have really been great. Or even Superhero vs superhero fights.

To be fair to Avengers 2, Hulk Buster vs Hulk was the highlight of the film.

I can understand your concern then. The Hulk Buster v. Hulk is the only thing I take away from Ultron, beside Vision. Even that was a cgi fest though.

I'm of the belief that Snyder will do all he can to perfect the fight. This is going to be the most quintessential comic movie moment ever, he knows he can't get it wrong.

WARNING: spoilers below
I'm am pretty sure that this will be the climax of the movie. There is speculation that it will be the second act, but I don't buy it.

There is going to be so much exposition setting things up, I don't see having this in the middle. I'm of the belief that they B&S will clash/have a "standing on mountain moment" seeing Doomsday in some capacity without engaging him./ credits.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I would guess 2nd act for Bat vs Supes before they team up to fight evil.

I guess a lot depends on how long the movie is. If the speculation of the main villain is true, I think he has to be saved for the JLA movie.

I guess a lot depends on how long the movie is. If the speculation of the main villain is true, I think he has to be saved for the JLA movie.
It's not speculation. I believe I mentioned it on here already he's a villian in the film. Hence this scene.

Superman 2 was good although you have to get past the 1980 effects.

Like when he peeled his "S" emblem off his chest and it turned into giant expanding cellophane that engulfed Non for three seconds? Seriously, I loved Superman II, but what the HECK was up with that???!!!???

Superman 2 had faults, but the fun factor of it when it comes to the 3 villains makes up for that.

"What bravery, be nice to them my Dear, blow them a kiss"

*cue motorised miniature helicopter bouncing around on a wire*

Superman 2 had faults, but the fun factor of it when it comes to the 3 villains makes up for that.

"What bravery, be nice to them my Dear, blow them a kiss"

*cue motorised miniature helicopter bouncing around on a wire*
Don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but one thing that always stood out to me in Supeerman II was the kid in town when the 3 aliens arrive.
Zod raises a man off the ground (with his telekinesis) and the kid says something like, "Please Mr."
Ursa corrects, "He's a General."
Kid says, "Please Mr. General, please let my daddy down!"
But the kid says it with this heavy British accent! The kid is dressed as a farm boy and they established that they are in a small hick town in Texas. The kid's accent (sounding like he just got off the set of "Oliver") stands out like a sore thumb and has always been a source of hilarity for me.

Anyone else familiar with this?

News popped up about Michael Shannon's character in DoJ.
Apparently he has

WARNING: spoilers below
flippers.

Sounds like some sort of metamorphosis scene.

p.e.
Apparently Shannon is full of snit. Complete fabrication on his part about the hands.

So glad Supes broke your neck, ya jerk.

It's not speculation. I believe I mentioned it on here already he's a villian in the film.
I get that, I just mean there won't be a resolution. I don't see them having a big brawl with the guy, only to be continued in the JLA movie.

My personal thought, the clip of WW is her helping Batman fight Superman.

I get that, I just mean there won't be a resolution. I don't see them having a big brawl with the guy, only to be continued in the JLA movie.
That's if they choose to use a new villian(s) or not. Besides, Doomsday might start something and it could be needed to get finished in Justice League part one or two. Doesn't mean the fight between them would be resolved.

Okay, here's my guess as to what's gonna happen.

WARNING: "Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice" spoilers below
We all know that Bruce Wayne/Batman is pissed off at Superman for the destruction of Wayne Tower in the events of Man of Steel. These events are a major factor in this movie. The reason for the duel between the two icons. Diana Prince, who Bruce Wayne knows personally comes into play throughout the film. And she knows Bruce's alter ego, as does Bruce does Diana's.

As Bruce's anger for Superman grows, Bruce calls for Diana for help in one way or another (this might not be though possible since we haven't seen much footage of Diana/Wonder Woman).

Lex Luthor comes into play when Batman eventually seems to not have any luck in fighting Superman to an end. So Batman comes to Lex by stealing Kryptonite. It's possible Batman might place kryptonite into his armor. To slow down the Man of Steel.

Once Supes is down, Lex has a chance to capture Superman. But what happened to Zod? We know he's in the film due to the trailer. In the trailer we see Zod weak and laying on a table in some sort of facility. It is my guess, after reading a few reports, Lex may take kryptonite and a few other of his tricks to transform Zod into the other villian into question....Doomsday!!!

Now Doomsday in the comics comes from the depths of Krypton and well...so does Kryptonite. But this is the movies and we all know the movies don't always follow the comics down to a tee. Just alter them to make a movie more splashy and exciting.

Now for Wonder Woman's battle scene we saw in the trailer. That could possibly most likely be the battle with Doomsday. Since the explosion was so massive and nuclear like. People say why is Doomsday in this and not the Justice League movies. Well he could be in both. The duel between the DC heroes and DD could well lead into them.

That's all I have to say about this at the moment. Unless something else comes up.

It seems Michael Shannon (Zod) is voice over only here. He didn't even act for this film whatsoever so he won't be in this movie physically. Unless it's a scene from Man of Steel recalled within, or his image is used other ways.

That's a shame. I thought Michael Shannon as Zod was probably my favorite character in Man Of Steel.

It seems Michael Shannon (Zod) is voice over only here. He didn't even act for this film whatsoever so he won't be in this movie physically. Unless it's a scene from Man of Steel recalled within, or his image is used other ways.
In reference to my previous post, the voice over is of the ghost version of Zod. Kinda like what they did with Jor-el.

Michael Shannon has talked with The Daily Beast about this and the 'flippers' rumor:

“Somebody was asking me about this in New York and I made up some ridiculous bulls**t answer about how my character Zod has flippers, and this went viral on the Internet or something and people have been asking me about that. That is so obviously a complete bulls**t story, right? But people took it seriously.”
And this...

“The thing about the whole Krypton universe, apparently, is that even when you destroy them, there are ghosts. The first [film], Jor-El is there even though he’s been dead for lord knows how long... I went over and did some voice-over stuff because it’s like that ghost thing. But I don’t know if I’m supposed to say that. I get very nervous."

Honestly, I think Shannons full of it. His stories don't add up. I bet he said the "Flipper" thing, WB got pissed and freaked out at him and now he's trying to cover it up but really badly. What about the story about him being trapped in the bathroom while Zack Snyder was freaking out cause they couldn't find him? Doesn't add up.

My speculation is that Shannon didn't know what to call what he was wearing so he said "flippers" but my moneys on him being doomsday.

Honestly, I think Shannons full of it. His stories don't add up. I bet he said the "Flipper" thing, WB got pissed and freaked out at him and now he's trying to cover it up but really badly. What about the story about him being trapped in the bathroom while Zack Snyder was freaking out cause they couldn't find him? Doesn't add up.

My speculation is that Shannon didn't know what to call what he was wearing so he said "flippers" but my moneys on him being doomsday.
Why would he say that he didn't say it and inform us he didn't, when it was rumored ALL over the net that he did and he could have just said he did? That doesn't add up. With all of the 'rumors' about the film being true and not one person denying them....I believe he was telling the truth.

Besides he isn't even in the film at all physically. It's a voice over. Unless he wore 'flippers' to just speak into a microphone.

So he can't be Doomsday unless they use a CGI version of Shannon in the film in the entire plot line of that, Which I doubt.

Why would he say that he didn't say it and inform us he didn't, when it was rumored ALL over the net that he did and he could have just said he did? That doesn't add up. With all of the 'rumors' about the film being true and not one person denying them....I believe he was telling the truth.

Besides he isn't even in the film at all physically. It's a voice over. Unless he wore 'flippers' to just speak into a microphone.

So he can't be Doomsday unless they use a CGI version of Shannon in the film in the entire plot line of that, Which I doubt.
He was telling the truth the first time around, but didn't know how to describe what probably was prosthetics for his hands so called them "flippers". The studio got pissed that he mentioned it and then he tried to backpedal with the next interview he did. There are a couple cool theories as to why he could be doomsday in the video, if you wanna check it out.

He was telling the truth the first time around, but didn't know how to describe what probably was prosthetics for his hands so called them "flippers". The studio got pissed that he mentioned it and then he tried to backpedal with the next interview he did. There are a couple cool theories as to why he could be doomsday in the video, if you wanna check it out.
Saw that video already. That's what they are... 'theories'. It sounds cool but I kind of doubt Zod will be Doomsday. Like I said unless Shannon's in the film using CGI, he doesn't even physically act in the film. The rumor of him being Doomsday is just that.

Lex Luthor is said to obtain Zod’s body and run experiments on it which could mean anything. But so far until we see the film or footage it's just a rumor.