3 The Apartment
4 2001
5 The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly
6 Once Upon a Time in the West
7 Rosemary's Baby
8 Dr. Strangelove
9 The Graduate
10 Midnight Cowboy
Yup I get it. The same 10 that I predicted. But nothing in this world is written in stone.

Of course, this movie might arrive in first place:

Absolute classic (according to the Kinema Junpo film magazine animation critics pool, it's the greatest animation of the 1960's). I never heard of it before I read that pool.

Are you sure there's no mystery?
You can't think of whether or not you thought the last eight would be top 10. You have to imagine any of them not making a list of 100.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Rosemary's Baby was my #15.

Perfect realization by the adapter/director of Ira Levin's novel is probably the greatest Hitchcock film which Hitch didn't direct. The tension is non-stop, the dark humor rampant, the acting incredible, and the visuals and Christopher Komeda's music could scarcely be better. Polanski's mise-en-scene is masterful, creating dread just by hearing a car horn honk or the repetition of an unseen pianist practicing Beethoven. The duality found in the sound effects and character behavior is meticulous and gives sharp viewers many clues in how to interpret what's going on with Rosemary (Mia Farrow), her husband (John Cassavetes) and the other full-blooded characters we see at that creepy apartment building with a past. The film is scary as hell, but all the more so because you can believe that it could happen. Maybe Satan did spawn the baby or maybe these crazy Satan-worshippers want it for their own. You tell me. Which is scarier?

#1. Elmer Gantry (48)
#2. Midnight Cowboy (10)
#3. Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (29)
#6. My Fair Lady (40)
#7. Mary Poppins (49)
#9. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (21)
#11. West Side Story (28)
#12. Z (44)
#13. The Innocents (32)
#14. The Manchurian Candidate (34)
#15. Rosemary’s Baby (9)
#18. Planet of the Apes (14)
#22. Spartacus (47)

Rosemary's Baby didn't make my list, but it easily could have. I've only seen it once, and I thought it was a very good, possibly great film. It's becoming the easy option, but really, Mark's post above is spot on. Maybe if I had seen it more recently I would have included it

Master of My Domain
Rosemary's Baby - great film, did not vote for it.

My List so far:

3. 8 1/2
6. Playtime
7. Belle de Jour
8. L'Avventura
11. Bonnie and Clyde
12. La Dolce Vita
13. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
14. Z
15. Persona
17. Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
20. Repulsion
21. To Kill a Mockingbird
23. Onibaba
25. The Manchurian Candidate

I love Rosemary's Baby and had it at #7 on my list! I think I have seen it three times or more and I still love it. One of the best horror movies ever made, while still being subtle and very dramatic. Great atmospheric mystery from Polanski!

I had it on my horror list, of course, here is what I wrote about it:

~His Top 50 Favorite Horror Films~

3. Rosemary's Baby (1968)
· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·

What I absolutely love about Polanski’s horror classic and the horror genre in general, is when things are left for the viewer to decide, and with this movie that particular element is executed effortlessly. Just one time in the entire film we are introduced to something, which is shown explicitly as inhuman and supernatural, however even this scene is shown in a quite dreamy and nightmarish manner. My here point is, that everything of which could place this film in the horror genre is hidden underneath, though it always feels constantly present and in that way works much stronger, than when leaving everything out in the open. Being scared by images on screen is one thing, but being scared by the images we create ourselves within our own mind, is always much more deep and demonizing.

So namely because of its obvious themes and the underlying layers of satanic ritualistic movements, it is undoubtedly a horror film, but especially because of its dramatic and grounded approach it is only truthfully a horror film on the inside. This perfectly balanced combination gives Rosemary’s Baby a true and versified sense of terror and fear, which is even better realized when held together by the sensitive and tightly written script, and the controlled claustrophobic direction by Polanski.

Why is it on my list?
This is a classic horror film and a true milestone in the cinema history as well… A film, which also inspired many later horror oriented projects to take on the same approach as Polanski did so admirably well here. I have watched this film a couple of times now, and it gets better every time. Such great filmmaking in my opinion.

Rosemary's Baby was #3 on my list. I obviously think it's one of the greatest horror films ever made. Masterfully crafted and truly terrifying.

3. Rosemary's Baby
4. Yojimbo
5. Persona
8. Le Samourai
10. The Virgin Spring
11. For a Few Dollars More
12. Z
14. The Wild Bunch
15. The Battle of Algiers
16. Lolita
17. Breathless
18. A Fistful of Dollars
20. Planet of the Apes
22. Goldfinger
24. To Kill a Mockingbird
25. Death Rides a Horse (one pointer)

Rosemary's Baby is the sh*t, I'm one of the people who had it as #2, and it's one of the seven movies I'd give a perfect five star rating- not from the 60s just overall. Very scary in two or maybe even three perspectives: Cults, Satan, and Paranoia. Very happy with this ranking. Well done MoFos

Woody Allen is a pedophille
5. Mary Poppins
7. To Kill a Mockingbird
20. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
13. Bonnie and Clyde
14. Rosemary's Baby
15. Goldfinger
16. Breakfast at Tiffany's
18. The Birds
21. Midnight Cowboy
22. Easy Rider
23. The Jungle Book
24. 8 1/2
25. The Great Escape

The Breakdown...

The Apartment

1st (25 points), 3x 2nd (72 points), 2x 3rd (46 points), 2x 4th (44 points), 6th (20 points), 2x 7th (38 points), 8th (18 points), 10th (16 points), 12th (14 points), 13th (13 points), 14th (12 points), 15th (11 points), 16th (10 points), 2x 17th (18 points), 6x 19th (42 points), 20th (6 points), 22nd (4 points), 24th (2 points)

Notes

The film was the only to receive its amount of points, so no tie breaking was needed.

Damn, I'm pretty sure I saw someone here who has had three predictions in a row correct now! Impressive!

Anyways, The Apartment is really well made and the concept is nice, but I didn't really feel it, unfortunately... Gonna rewatch it some time though.