Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight

Tools    

It's nice to have a film coming out that I look forward to watching, this year has been a terrible one for films. I haven't wanted to go to the cinema once, really looking forward to this.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
For those disappointed or whatever by it, what did you expect? It looks exactly how I expected it to, like a Tarantino film, it looks great.
The dialogue was a little flat for QT, which arguably is his ace in the hole.

Master of My Domain
The dialogue was a little flat for QT, which arguably is his ace in the hole.
Tbh trailers for his movie have rarely shown mind-blowing dialogue. Plus, that was a teaser so the main sneak peek is still waiting to be released.

It certainly looks cool and that's the main thing I ultimately took away from this trailer.

Sure, it all seems a bit "generic" with the energetic trailer music and the fast cuts, but just try to imagine it all with the right rhythm and Morricone's theme music. I think it will be fantastic!

I hope Walton Goggins gets a chance in this. He was superb as Boyd and seems born to spew Tarantino dialogue.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I can't wait-- to me, seeing a Tarantino movie is more of an event than just another movie-- that's due to his passion and care for the craft

I can't wait-- to me, seeing a Tarantino movie is more of an event than just another movie-- that's due to his passion and care for the craft

Great video, thanks for sharing it!

I love the man!

I would expect Madsen to be none other than the Cow Puncher.

New full length trailer is out:

Lookin' good.
Looks great! I'm going to enjoy every minute of this movie when it comes out.
I doubt the "boycott" will have a significant effect on the movie's box office gross.

I had no idea about all this Tarantino controversy until I read a couple of posts in here, sounds like a joke...

"Tarantino is a Hollywood figure, and he has a following," says Sgt. Jerretta Sandoz, vice president of the Los Angeles Police Protective League, one of the groups calling for a boycott of Tarantino and his movies. If the LAPD officers follow through on that call, it could become a real headache for the director.

"Off-duty police officers are very important," she says. "There's motor officers, as well as patrol officers, that protect the film, protect the Oscars, direct traffic, provide security. Why would any police officer want to work with anyone who does not like police officers?"
The last part makes me laugh, if you don't like the police why should they work for you? Pathetic. A disgrace in democratic terms. Some of what has been said are disgusting threats that would be dealt with seriously if they came from elsewhere.

He protested police brutality, meaning he's against cops using excessive force on people, which is something good cops should be against, also. Instead, they go against a Hollywood director who voiced his opinion that he opposes police brutality? I don't get it.

It doesn't matter. Tarantino already has a specific audience of people buying tickets, and those people don't give a damn whatever controversial thing he says. The police stance would be embarrassing if I could take it seriously, but at this point I consider it to be cute. Police should work for everybody because that's their job (and "everybody" is the thing that pays them).

He protested police brutality, meaning he's against cops using excessive force on people, which is something good cops should be against, also. Instead, they go against a Hollywood director who voiced his opinion that he opposes police brutality? I don't get it.
And we are. But the guy insinuated that all cops are murderers. Naturally cops are going to get pissed. Especially when he says it at a rally in NYC when a NYPD cop was murdered 4 days prior.

For the record: I was never a Tarantino fan. That is well known on this site. So i was never going to see this movie.

would love to hear where he insinuated "all cops are murderers." pretty sure he was just talking about the ones who murdered people.
criticker

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
I'm sure he was talking about brutality and cops that do brutal things, he didn't say all cops are anything.

Who protects police protests? Because (at least in my country) every protest needs to be secured and protected. Will they be on duty? But then they are not doing their job.