How Are You Going To Deal With All These Reboots And Remakes?

Tools    

Yep, that's it. It's hard to watch from anything other than a historical point of view. And if you're a fan of either the Judy Garland version or of the books, this will leave you scratching your head. (Oh, and there's early 20th century racism!)

Yeah that because American screen writers cant come up with anything new... perhaps they should take the ****** films and remake them into better films and leave the good foreign films alone....

I am sure Chiwetel Ejiofor is going to play the same character as Ricardo Darin did in the Argentine version but he wont be as good as Ricardo..

There is no shortage of new, creative scripts.
The problem is not the screen writers, the problem is the producers and the people who invest money.

Only films with money behind them get made, and known quantities inspire more confidence for investment.

Mostly I ignore remakes and reboots - Taking of Pelham 123 and Assault on Precinct 13 for examples. But as others have pointed out, occasionally a remake is an improvement over the original. I love Carpenter's The Thing and I still enjoy the Howard Hawks version. As for more recent movies, the Coen brothers remake of True Grit was an improvement over the original (for me at least!).

It won't be Jumanji without Robin Williams.

I love remakes for movies which haven't aged well. Not a movie, but I'd love a re-animation of Dragon Ball Z :P

I try to have an open mind when watching a re-boot....but then again I always seem to be disappointed with them. The last re-boot I saw was Robocop, compared to the original it was bad. I thought he looked like just a guy wearing suit, the original looked more like a 'robot'.

I don't see the point of re-booting the Fantastic 4, the first two movies are good enough. You take it as what they are....an eye candy movie just for fun.

As long as the movie is good it doesn't bother me and some times it brings the movie to a new audience.