The MoFo Top 100 of the 60s: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

The Breakdown...

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

4th (22 points), 5th (21 points), 8th (18 points), 4x 14th (48 points), 18th (8 points), 19h (7 points), 21st (5 points), 22nd (4 points), 24th (2 points), 25th (1 point)

A Fistful of Dollars

5th (21 points), 2x 10th (32 points), 11th (15 points), 2x 13th (26 points), 14th (12 points), 16th (10 points), 18th (8 points), 19th (7 points), 2x 21st (10 points), 23rd (3 points)

Notes

Both films were the only to receive their respective amount of points so not tie breaking was needed.

Two great films, especially the one made of spaghetti. Didn't have either on my list though.

I actually started watching Liberty Valance at one point but had to leave and never got back to it. A Fistful of Dollars is great, but it is the only part of the Dollars trilogy i didn't vote for. I really hope Yojimbo still makes it, I wouldn't have expected it to place higher than any of the Dollars films unless the vote was split between the three.

Watched - 22/50
My List - 3/25

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Yes! Spaghetti triumphs over hamburger!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Two awesome Westerns that I probably love about equal. I didn't vote for A Fistful of Dollars, but I did have Liberty Valance at #25. I watched it for the first time and just really enjoyed it. I loved the pairing of Wayne and Stewart, and I loved the other guy too, Marvin or Coburn-I mix those two up. Not the Western I was hoping for, probably way too late for that one, but that makes 8 from my list-not bad.

My list-

#2 Onibaba
#3 Contempt
#6 Hud
#11 Inherit the Wind
#15 An Autumn Afternoon
#22 The Battle of Algiers
#23 They Shoot Horses, Don't They?
#25 The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance

A Fistful of Dollars was the only one of that trilogy that I liked - but I do intend to revisit the other two.

I struggle with Ford's films and I tend to find the same things annoying in all of them - strange casting decisions, bad acting from the support roles (and JW ) and cliched support characters. I tend to forgive the last point in his early films because he probably invented the cliches but by the fifties and sixties it bothers me. So, didn't enjoy TMWSLV.

Didn't vote for either.

My list:

1. Late Autumn
2. Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
8. The Human Condition III
10. An Autumn Afternoon
13. In the Heat of the Night
17. Red Desert
22. Viridiana
25. Fail-Safe

Seen 40 of 50

FINALLY! Something from my list! A Fistful of Dollars was number 21 for me. Unfortunately I never got around to Liberty Vance.

101. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (4)
97. Seconds

93. Fail Safe

88. Jungle Book

87. From Russia With Love (11)
86. Blow Up

85. Italian Job (19)
84. Cape Fear

77. The Lion in Winter (3)
72. True Grit (23)
66. In the Heat of the Night (21)
57. Charade

53. A Hard Day's Night (25)
52. The Man who Shot Liberty Valance

51. A Fistful of Dollars

6/25 of my films

14/50 Overall

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Watched both, liked both, voted for neither.

I have 5 spaghetti westerns on my list, 2 of them will not make this list, 2 definitely will and I don't know about the other one.

Don't care for liberty Valance much despite my love for Stewart.

I have Fistful Of Dollars high up my watchlist. I feel like I have seen it with my dad but can't be sure so it will be watched soon.

Master of My Domain
I usually don't believe in style over substance, but I always make an exception with Leone.

So, Leone > Ford.

You're outnumbered Daniel, give in to the dark side.