The Devil's Favorite

Tools    

Some of his top 10..............

Even though he would be more interested in the suffering of mankind..... mans downfall and the corruption that rules the world........that would be on his top 10 list.......

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

All these movies are great, but you're forgetting one thing - the Devil loses in almost every single one of them. That would be a most depressing movie marathon to watch if you were him.

On the note of the Devil and Movies:
A great irony is in A Devil's Advocate. The Devil (Pacino) says toward the end that Vanity is one of his favorite sins - very ironic as that is the sin that got him cast out of heaven in the first place.

"You Couldn't Make It Up...!!!"
Originally Posted by r3port3r66
OK guys, I'll give you what I think the Devil's favorites are:

9) "God Told Me To" (If you've never seen this; find it, watch it--fast!)
Yeah, great film. Or DEMON as it's known in these parts. Larry Cohen is God!!! Another one of interest - although much too old for readers here, including myself - is HAXAN, WITCHCRAFT THROUGH THE AGES made around 1922 from Denmark with all sorts of sinfull carry on where the Devil appears as the cloven footed one..

JR

I am having a nervous breakdance
Favs:

Se7en

Ninth Gate

Rosemary's Baby

Apocalypse Now

Funny Games

Lost Highway

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
I mentioned this film in the "Surprising Endings" thread, but I think it applies here, as well:

Race with the Devil, starring Peter Fonda.

(evil wins)
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

i think that if the devil had a favorite romantic omedy it would be 'My Best Friends Wedding'. Think about it, Julia Roberts character smoked, had a gay friend, and tried to crash her best friends wedding. he would even probably like the ending too.

Bruce Campbell Groupie
If I were the devil, I'd be crazy about Showgirls, sleazy, trashy, dirty, ham acting, perfect for lucifer.

Ok, I'll get to the list in a minuete. First off, I am a fan of Harry Potter (not the movies, but the last three books) and what's up with thinking it's Satanic?! It's for kids to enjoy, how many 10 year olds out there worship the devil? I mean c'mon! How about LOTR?! That's got magic in it, and nobody on here's said that's satanic! Anyway, here's the list. . .

5. the Ninth Gate

4. Rosemary's Baby

3. Stigmata

2. the Omen

1. the Exorcist
And found he was eating his shoe.

Originally Posted by allthatglitters
. Think about it, Julia Roberts character smoked, had a gay friend, and tried to crash her best friends wedding
I would like to clarify that in hopes of undoing any offense I may of had to some people. In looking at the devils favorite I thought of it OK the devil in the christian religion, what in the christian religion do they sort of scorn upon that their devil would like. and thats how I got it. in no way did I have the intention of bashing people with homosexuality and putting them in the wrong, for that was not what i meant to do. if anybody was offended I am sorry and I hope I can make ammends.

Originally Posted by allthatglitters
I would like to clarify that in hopes of undoing any offense I may of had to some people. In looking at the devils favorite I thought of it OK the devil in the christian religion, what in the christian religion do they sort of scorn upon that their devil would like. and thats how I got it. in no way did I have the intention of bashing people with homosexuality and putting them in the wrong, for that was not what i meant to do. if anybody was offended I am sorry and I hope I can make ammends.
We understand, the devil made you type it

Originally Posted by nebbit

That's a sweet smiley or whatever!

Sad but true devil movies don't scare me much. There rather boring..

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Besides movies already mentioned;

Winter Light(Nattvardsgästerna), a priest questions his faith in God, then later performs a service in a empty church.

Ichi The Killer I could have named a lot of Takashi Miike's movies.

Pink Flamingos Poodles rule!

Salo "Just some good ole boys, never meaning no harm."

Police Academy 7: Mission to Moscow What the phuck?! They didn't learn from the first six mistakes? Proving that some people are pure maschists.

On the other hand, the man downstairs probably hates musicals. People bursting into song and dance for no apparrent reason has to disturb him.