Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.

Furious 7

Bonkers, outrageous, silly,ridiculous,etc. In honesty this might be the most idiotic film ever made but my lord is it a good time.It is ridiculous and it is well aware, wearing its' heart on its' sleeve. Plus its a fitting tribute to the death of Paul Walker.

-

Yea I don't give an eff if I lose all my Mofo credibility.

And after paying money to see these pathetic movies like F&F franchise, people bash Hollywood for not trying hard enough Turns out, they don't need to

Care for some gopher?
Everyone has their guilty pleasures but that doesn't mean that every (tentpole) movie should be like this.

Rewatch. Such a good movie.

7/10

Indeed. ^^ a very underrated one as well.
I think so. JLD and JG were great and the writing was terrific.

I'd like to see JLD in more movies and starring roles.

Master of My Domain
The Devil's Rejects (2005)

Disgusting, brutal, absolutely terrifying in what it's trying to achieve as a film- but brilliant! Sort of the same reason why Natural Born Killers is one of my favorite films. The awesome characters and the fast pacing are developed with violence and mess- something hard to achieve, but this film pulls it off. I don't consider The Devil's Rejects just a horror film- I consider it to be a great exploitation and very, very dark satire.

-

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Battle Royale a.k.a. Batoru rowaiaru (2000)

I felt that the relationships between the students before the BR could have been a lot more explored. The acting is not very good and I had to make a huge effort to forget the crazy basic premise.
However, the soundtrack is very interesting, and - most important - it's really entertaining!

The Kid
(1921)

Hear-warming and funny, a great Chaplin movie, though I still prefer Modern Times and City Lights!
The dream sequence was hilarious!

-

Tusk- 9/10

Care for some gopher?
Big (USA, 1988, Penny Marshall) -

I didn't like this film very much. It was kind of silly and mostly boring. Only a few fun moments.

Sinister (2012) - Scott Derrickson *rewatch

- Absolute beauty. If every modern horror movies was like that, it would be completely awesome. Acting is great , stoyline is great and Atmosphere is perfection. Super 8 scenes are also very well-made. One of my all-time favorite and cannot wait for the sequel.

Care for some gopher?
Life of Pi (USA/GB/CDN/TW, 2012, Ang Lee) -

I really like this movie. It has both a great story and soundtrack and is visually the most beautiful movie i've ever seen.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Rewatch. Such a good movie.

7/10

Same rating I gave it. I've seen the film a handful of times, since it's on HBO all the time, and it doesn't get boring. I love both characters (can't stand Keener, she's so mean), but how fickle people who are single can be considering they want to find someone.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Interstellar
+

An astonishingly beautiful and ambitious, yet heavily convoluted mess. There are some glorious moments of breathtaking beauty, yet there are also cringeworthy moments of heavy Nolan exposition and contrivances as well. What really drives the film is its' emotional core and the performance of Matthew McConaughey. This is miles and miles ahead of every Nolan film as this is finally a film that has a firm understanding of human emotions, whereas other Nolan films have a sort of sterile and clinical feel. I'd say all of his films with the exception of his first two are barely above average. I'd call this one his best, although it is still deeply flawed.

The addition of a new cinematographer was a great idea, as he is able to lend the film a gorgeous visual palette. In my eyes Pfister wasn't all that good. His cinematography was sort of flat and workmanlike at best. This isn't a masterpiece. It isn't a piece of art like 2001, and in honesty I can't believe that people seriously compare the two. However, this is one of the most thoughtful and ambitious films ever made and a showcase that a blockbuster doesn't have to be idiotic, mindless drivel.

It's been a while since I've rated any movie. Been watching tons but I was honestly lazy to start rating them, as I tend to like pretty much everything. But I felt like I should show off my face again so, I'll rate the 2-3 last ones I seen.

Big Hero 6 (2014)

Was one of the latest I saw. I'll start off by saying that I was in tears almost the full movie. I just got so much into the story, I have a big brother whom I can't even imagine losing. I love everything of the movie, the big fluffy-fat robot was adorable, the little main char boy is likeable for almost everyone. The rest of the team is also awesome and the final is beautifully made. It's a yes/yes for me and I'd re-watch it any day.

It's a movie full with emotions, and how even in the worst situations you can grow as a person.

Piranha 3DD (2012)

This.. this I have no words about. After watching a bit I realized it wasn't a serious movie, so unrealistic and idiotic unless you realize you should NOT take it seriously. Then you start having fun watching it. Also I have to say I love the camera work on this one, it doesn't go so far in rating but it encouraged me to look for more movies that have camera job so well done like this movie.

If taken seriously you will HATE this movie (And definitely will hate the 20 last minutes unless you watch it as idiotic entretaiment)

for being fun to watch.

Also re-watched

The Beauty and the Beast

Such an amazing movie, I forgot everything about it, loved it again just as much. Happiness is only real when shared, the beast could tell how true this is I bet.

I've seen much more but I won't spam it right away, as I'd need to re-watch some to rate them properly.

Run All Night (2015)

Another action film starring Liam Neeson that is very entertaining.

Like his previous film A Walk Among The Tombstones, I enjoyed the grittiness and New York setting of the film.

Hearts of the West (1975)

A fun, easy-going movie set in 1930's Hollywood, particularly on the sets of B-Westerns. Jeff Bridges is a dime-store Western novelist who is chased by two bad guys from Nevada to California, where Bridges stumbles onto a movie set and is soon employed as an extra. Lots of familiar faces in this one: Andy Griffith, Blythe Danner, Alan Arkin, Alex Rocco, Donald Pleasence, and character actors galore who, when you see their faces, even if you don't recognize their name, you'll go, "Oh, that guy!" These include Matt Clark, Richard B. Shull, Anthony James, Herb Edelman, Burton Gilliam. and Candice Azzara. Anyway, Jeff has the bad guys on his trail, he tries his hand at playing movie cowboy while getting advice from veteran cowboy Griffith, writes a big novel, falls in love, etc. All good fun that passes by quickly and leaves you feeling good. Check it out if you get a chance.