Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight

Tools    

Really excited for this! One of my most anticipated movies!!!

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
Has Tarantino commented on the blood work for this movie?

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Who's cooler than Michael Madsen? Excited to see this, QT already has my ticket and popcorn money, sight unseen.

QT with his all star stable?! I couldn't be more excited for this. I also look forward to seeing if QT can make Chaning Tatum a bad ass.

Really looking forward to this

Viggo Mortensen was offered a part in The Hateful Eight but turned it down.

Here's the full report:

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/03/...xternal,manual

Posted on March 27th, 2015 at 8:03am

The word of the street last year was that Tarantino had pinned down Lord of the Rings star Viggo Mortensen to play a "ruthless gang leader role" in his upcoming movie The Hateful Eight.

All seemed well. It was a good move for both parties: for Mortensen it was another good notch on the bed post; for Tarantino it was a big name with a guaranteed badass persona. It was a "perfect fit", if you'll excuse the tired phrase.

But unfortunately it's not going to happen. As Mortensen explained to Grantland,
"All of last fall, I traveled nonstop. I was on a plane every two days to promote 'Jauja' and 'Far From Men.' I knew as a producer and an actor that I needed to do that for those movies to have a chance to be seen. [Tarantino] wanted to start shooting at the end of the year and do rehearsals before that, and I just couldn’t do that schedule-wise."
He continued,
"That’s the only reason [I passed]. It would have been really, really fun to work with him. I think he’s really smart and funny. I’d never sat down and talked to him that much, although I did audition for 'Reservoir Dogs,' which he remembered."
Maybe Viggo was finally getting his revenge for Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs rejection!

Welcome to the human race...
Kind of skeptical about this considering how he's making two Westerns in a row, but also hoping he manages to do something daring. Django Unchained just felt too much like he was playing it safe.

Is the basic template for this Black Tavern? An obscure Shaw movie. Not that i mind or have a problem with it.

Samuel Jackson has added a new picture from behind the scenes of the movie on his Facebook account. His bloodier bounty hunter boots.

It's also the last day of shooting (or at least for Samuel L. Jackson).

Can't wait for the first trailer (with actual footage) to come out.

Its gonna be a great Christmas this year! Not only is Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight, Star wars: Episode 7 is coming out also! It really is gonna be Christmas.

Its gonna be a great Christmas this year! Not only is Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight, Star wars: Episode 7 is coming out also! It really is gonna be Christmas.
Yep! One of the best years of Christmas films we had.

Looks like it should be great, hopefully it won't end with such an unfitting climax like Django did - that was my only gripe with that movie - just didn't make much sense for Christoph Waltz to make the move that he did without regard for his or Django's life. The tone from that point on also changed too much and ended up feeling a lot campier.