Movie Tab

Tools    

Put me in your pocket...
Elf~ Fun movie. Will was endearing.

Looney Tunes: Back in Action~ The kids loved it. I thought it was ok. Some funny parts. Some parts were not as funny as I expected. It was a nice family outing though. Much better than being dragged to see Pokemon. I'll give my full opinion on this movie in the movie reviews.

How to Lose a Guy in 10 days~ I couldn't finish watching it. I'm starting to get irritated with these 'B' rated romantic comedies that have been produced in the past couple of years. This one made me appreciate French Kiss more...and I was disappointed with that one.

Evolution in Progress...
Black Hawk Down - Jesus I know I've watched this like 15 times now...but it keeps getting better

Band of Brothers (first 4 discs) - I couldn't watch the whole thing...I had a reasearch paper to do... but it's awesome.

Wow looking at this... I guess i was in a war movie mood yesterday

"Some people have a gift for stupidity,an almost mystic ability to withstand any form of logic."-David Gemmell

When I become and Evil Lord dominating all mankind to my will if an advisor says to me "My liege, he is but one man. What can one man possibly do?", I will reply "This." and kill the advisor.

To all you guys that have seen Looney Toons Back In Action, I have a question. What was the animation like? B/c from the trailers it looks as if the animation is really, really poorly done. Is it any better in the final product?

*the producers-5 stars I wish I could give it a 100 stars
shawshank redemption-5 stars
master and commander-3 stars
brewsters millions-3 stars
joe dirt-4 stars
*to be or not to be-4 stars not mel brooks best. sorry mel
*high anxiety-5 stars
fiddler on the roof-5 stars
how to suceed in business without even trying-3 stars
dumb and dumber-5 stars
*life stinks-5 stars
searching for bobby fischer-a well deserved 5 stars

beat that

*mel brooks movies

Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
Okay, that sounds really patronizing. I got all the humor, I got all the 1950's sci-fi references, I got the entire movie, it just was NOT funny to me. I am so sick of the standard "If you didn't like this, you just didn't UNDERSTAND it." that passes for film criticism nowadays. It really WASN'T funny to me at all. End Of Story!

I am sorry if you got offended by what I said. I didn't intend to harm in anyway, and was just giving you my honest thoughts.

Originally Posted by joshost
*the producers-5 stars I wish I could give it a 100 stars
shawshank redemption-5 stars
brewsters millions-3 stars
joe dirt-4 stars
*to be or not to be-4 stars not mel brooks best. sorry mel
*high anxiety-5 stars
fiddler on the roof-5 stars
how to suceed in business without even trying-3 stars
dumb and dumber-5 stars
*life stinks-5 stars
searching for bobby fischer-a well deserved 5 stars

beat that
Surely you are having a MANIC episode, get back on your Lithium Carbonate, and get some sleep.

there's a frog in my snake oil
I'd settle for some nitrous oxide (would it let me float up to my roof and watch the stars from a new angle? - oops, that's helium isn't it. Sorry, i've been drinking and am slightly insensible and blurry round the edges. Oh no, that's coz my glasses are broken. Quick Nebs, run on the spot in an easterly direction so my patch on britland slows down slightly - or alternatively just put some medication in the post )

-Ed Wood (sooo good - starry-eyed Depp and all. But does anyone know if Wood really did meet up with Orsen Wells after storming out, cross-dressed, from the bible-bashers quality-controls on the Plan 9 set? Now that would be a quality piece of synchronicity. But i reckon, even if reported as being so, it's more likely a piece of Wooden-wicker-man-building, as it were. But just imagine what he would have been like with modern tools - he really could have written-directed-edited some phenomenal crap with modern computers )

Guess i should go and finally track down Plan 9 after all this time. What are all those **** films for if not for learning how not to do it? (and whiling away insomniac nights - i can lowly recommend "Cover girl killer", an utterly ****e brit film from 59, from the time b4 film plots were invented it seems, but with some marvellously stilted-stiff-upper-lip dialogue. Don't watch it - it's terrible. But funny for it.

It was beauty killed the beast.
Originally Posted by Aniko
How to Lose a Guy in 10 days~ I couldn't finish watching it. I'm starting to get irritated with these 'B' rated romantic comedies that have been produced in the past couple of years. This one made me appreciate French Kiss more...and I was disappointed with that one.
So many customers who come to the video store Kong works at check this out and return it praising the film that Kong began to fear for the human race. Why can't that recognize it's badness? It's not that hard to make a decent romantic comedy; all you need is likable characters, funny jokes, and a plot that isn't insultingly stupid, but somehow a great many movies fail to deliver these modest goods. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days offers us a tired plot, stale jokes, and two hypocritical twerps and calls itself "entertainment". BAH!

Do you know my poetry?
Igby Goes Down - (second time), I liked it alot better this time I saw it.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Kind Hearts and Coronets- (1st time) A very funny and brutal British satire on murder. Check it out! Great movie.
Scary Movie 3-(1st time) Not nearly as bad as people say it is, but it isn't really good. With this genre of film, (epecially in ones where there isn't a plot to rely on), it requires that the comedy be almost perfect (as with Naked Gun and Airplane!), and this one misses to much to be deemed good.
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World-(1st time) One of the best movies I've seen. EVER. See this now!
Elf-(1st time) Suprisingly entertaining. A very good movie!

Gothika - A really suspensful and terrific thriller. Very well done.

The Cat in the Hat - A fun and tantalizing new film , with pure enjoyment throughout. Mike Myers is perfect for the role of the cat...bringing the right amount of humor the movie needs..

Gothika - I thought it was boring and predictable. Never befoer have I been able to guess an ending in a movie, but this one was wide open from really early on. The only thing I liked about this was the Fincher style camera movements.

Diner
The Iron Giant
Papillon (my fave McQueen movie)
Run Lola Run
The Hidden Fortress

All good.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Terminator 3 - say what you will about this movie, yeah it doesn't live up to T2, but I still deem it worthy. Plus, it is rare to find a movie this completely devoid of pretension. The director clearly wanted a movie where cars crash, things blow up, catch on fire, lots of people get shot, and that is what he made. Clearly under no delusions he's making the citizen Kane of time-traveling robot movies.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

The director clearly wanted a movie where cars crash, things blow up, catch on fire, lots of people get shot, and that is what he made.
And what awesome crashes, explosions, burnings, and shootings they were!

Terminator 3 - say what you will about this movie, yeah it doesn't live up to T2, but I still deem it worthy. Plus, it is rare to find a movie this completely devoid of pretension. The director clearly wanted a movie where cars crash, things blow up, catch on fire, lots of people get shot, and that is what he made. Clearly under no delusions he's making the citizen Kane of time-traveling robot movies.
Surely you jest.

Just kidding. I didn't hate it, it just felt like there was something missing. There was so much more emotion in the first two, this one was void of it. I only view the first one to be a classic, the second as a great action movie, and the third as an o.k. flick; nothing to write home about.

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
His Girl Friday - 1940 - Dir. Howard Hawks - Starring Cary Grant.

Mark's His Girl Friday review

NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

The Philadelphia Experiment-(1st time) A very funny movie. A pity it wasn't intended to be.
The Naked Gun-(4th time)-My favorite spoof ever. Classic.
The Quick and the Dead-(1st time) Very fun western. A great showcase for both Hackman's coolness and Raimi's direction (which is wicked awesome). Check it out.

Originally Posted by joshost
joe dirt-4 stars
Hold on now...I just caught this. Joe Dirt better than Master and Commander? Not on my watch.